Constant quality complaints in forum

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
WOW! Your not kidding. Sure turned in a strange direction.

As for the complaining. I get it. Love our trucks... world full of negativity... Why complain.

Two things in my mind. 1. I will bring up issues banking on the fact that one of you have already solved it and will pass on some tips and tricks. 2. Some of the quality issues are... umm... jaw dropping. Hard not to bring up. My hope is that someone at Ford is browsing and taking note. Because.... dang....... Sometimes I wonder if these were built by blind gremlins. But, we keep buying them... and we buying at outragious prices... so Ford probably like "dang... we can get away with anything!!!". LOL

But, in the end, I love trucks and I love talking trucks with other people that love trucks.
Sponsored

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
I always tell people in forums like this, negatives are artificially amplified. My Tremor is virtually perfection. The only issue was the glass rubber trim at the base of the driver's window. As the window went down the rubber would flip inward. Closed the window, placed a plastic panel removal tool in place. Let it sit for a few days. Fixed. I like forums as they bring us all together, suggest modifications and can help us with issues. But we need to be careful that the negatives are happening to the minority. Don't trash the Ranger. If you don't like it sell it and leave. If your dealer is not providing you good services, complain to Ford. My Tremor is going nowhere.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Well even CEO JIM Farley publicly in essence has admitted Ford's quality sucks - how can one argue with Ford's industry leadership in warranty claims. So putting anecdotal info aside pretty obvious Ford has quality issues.

And on some models like the Ranger I'd be willing to wager Ford also has taken a leadership role in decontenting.
I have a 2021 Ranger Tremor and a 2022 Bronco. Both are near perfection and I love them both. Quality control issues can be issues with parts suppliers, employees on the line and so on. It happens with every company and with every product. IMO, a lot of the problem is the supply chain and the unwillingness of people to work and be dedicated to their jobs. We are seeing this issue all over the Country. I have a friend that works at MAP. They have wanted to add a shift and cannot get the staffing to do it. After Covid he said a lot of staff did not want to come back to work. "Ford has quality issues"....they all have quality issues (unless you go for a $200K supercar and I bet they have issues too).

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
The worst are people that say something like "Ford eliminated tie downs, so I am going to buy a Taco". Really? $10 in parts is enough to sway someone to another brand? Must be an entitlement thing.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
My Ranger isn't perfect. The fenders are off by about 1/32" with the hood. The window trim rubber bulges out until I push it back in place. The transmission shifts funny until it warms up for about a minute. The creases in the hood are dimpled. I think it leans to one side by about 1/16" when it has a full tank of gas. I don't have the fuel in the oil smell, must have been left out of mine. The blinker doesn't make noise, not that I can hear anyway. The battery needed replaced because I don't drive it enough.
But damn, with all the complaints I see here, I better get rid of it now before all that gets worse.

Thinking about it, my wife isn't perfect either. She's getting older everyday and starting to squeak and groan. Not looking as new as she once did but is pretty low maintenance. I'd trade her in but way too expensive. May just have to keep her and hope for the best.
And the kids aren't perfect either but they are past the return period and out of warranty. Fixed most of their issues over the years but it wasn't cheap. Almost positive it was a manufacturing defect with them. Have to keep them too.
So I guess I'll get rid of the Ranger and maybe get a nice bike with a basket so I can still haul stuff from Home Depot.
1685121401568.png

:wink:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I have a 2021 Ranger Tremor and a 2022 Bronco. Both are near perfection and I love them both. Quality control issues can be issues with parts suppliers, employees on the line and so on. It happens with every company and with every product. IMO, a lot of the problem is the supply chain and the unwillingness of people to work and be dedicated to their jobs. We are seeing this issue all over the Country. I have a friend that works at MAP. They have wanted to add a shift and cannot get the staffing to do it. After Covid he said a lot of staff did not want to come back to work. "Ford has quality issues"....they all have quality issues (unless you go for a $200K supercar and I bet they have issues too).
I'm looking at aggregate nos and they all put Ford no 1 and have for several yrs in warranty payouts - a spot most any mfg does not want to hold and in recent yrs Ford wis significantly ahead of the no 2 contender (GM ) - we are taking annually billions of warranty payout here, my Ranger has been good but that what is commonly called anecdotal info and may be good for you and I but the larger picture says Ford is not exceling in the quality dept - a fact admitted by their CEO . And for me blaming the suppliers or the dealers or the unions or the man in the moon is irrelevant, bottom line being Ford has for several yrs held the top spot in warranty payouts, Farley himself has said as much - Ford owns the problem .
Just to add warranty payouts directly impact the bottom line financial results - profitability, and stockholders are concerned and judging by Ford valuation investors and potential investors are as well.

Last edited:

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Student / FedEx
OP signed up for forum to talk about how great the factory built his truck. Vehicle forums are a place to research your truck and possibly find other people running into issues that you do, post mods you did on it, etc. If someone asks about a seemingly small problem, why does that upset you? Scroll on

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
The worst are people that say something like "Ford eliminated tie downs, so I am going to buy a Taco". Really? $10 in parts is enough to sway someone to another brand? Must be an entitlement thing.
They are super useful. Really glad I grabbed a set from someone selling them here.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
It's the tailgate bushing that's squeaking. Put some white lithium grease in there or a shot of silicone spray and it'll go away.
Mine makes goose like noises when cold, so not an issue atm. I greased the bushings on the tailgate, no change.

You guys should not use birds to make your products. Unethical.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but the vehicle problems we are having aren't about you, are they? Every little thing? You mean little things like the schizophrenic 10R80 transmission, which is the one and only option to be had and whose litany of problems just screams Beta testing instead of quality design? Or are you referring to the amazing non-functional factory shocks? Maybe you are talking about the tweaked beds or the phantom right turn grind or the occasional raw fuel in the engine oil. Ford has had years to fix these issues-the Ranger is not a new design-and despite that they continue to put out a model with ongoing and well-documented defects. Here's the thing: we Whiners paid a great deal of money for vehicles made by a company whose catchphrase was once Quality Is Job One but whose products are now frequently anything but. I cannot speak for anyone else, but my spendy new truck came with problems right out of the box and I have no intention of just sitting down and shutting up about it. There are NO excuses whatsoever for what we are seeing now, and that is why these threads are popping up. Instead of deflecting or shooting the messengers, how about placing the blame where it belongs?

Back in the 1950s there used to be a large sign hung over the North American F-100 fighter jet assembly line, and it read something like this:
"Quality must be built into a product. It cannot be inspected into it."
Now that, Sir, is a catchphrase.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Please stop! I can't NOT look at this thread, it's like a dumpster fire!
BTW I ordered my 6g '24 yesterday and hope it's as great as '19 Pepper 🌶 . Triggering the Anti-Namers, he'll be Olaf😁

Screenshot_20230527_113511_Bing.jpg

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The most worrisome thing I see is when people have Ranger troubles effecting safety, drivability and the dealers tell them to get stuffed.
It's not just the dealers-there are a few forumites with the same attitude.

Reactions: TJC

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I am going to take my Ranger out behind the barn and shoot it with a .22.

Damn! Hit it in the oil pan. Now I have oil with 4% gas getting on my grass.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
a young Duke starting his successful career
1684757468823.png
Sorry to burst your bubble David, but you’re a bit off the mark. Young Duke wasn’t very ambitious early on - he got stalled in the 80s for far too long - all he wanted to do was ride his mountain bike. 🙄
Sponsored