First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Sidebar: I still have not figured out if Baja Designs or Rigid are chicom, but Diode Dynamics appears to make their stuff in-house.
Baja Designs' lights are made in San Diego.
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I see a lot of damage in my line of work, it is matter of degree. In my humble opinion, the OP has great looking wheels, no doubt, it is the paint that might be the unacceptable condition, time will tell. The tire guy/gal is just whipping along doing their thing. It could be the paint is fragile. So let’s talk remedy. A whole new wheel ? Touch up paint ? 50 bucks. A note of apology ? I do agree pride in workmanship is a lost art, everything now is about speed.

Just yesterday I went to McDonalds and ordered a cheeseburger, I get out of the store and open up the wrapper and find a plain burger. So now I have two choices.. March in there and make a stink for paying for something I did not receive, rub their noses in it and feel good about teaching them a life lesson... or value my time, eat the burger, skip the whine and move on. I chose the latter. The world isn’t perfect, people sure are not, it is how you react that matters. OP has a great looking truck, the wheels look great as is. In the big picture of life, this isn’t a huge deal.
i think some folks are quick to go down the malicous intent path, sometimes its just an honest mistake or wear n tare by interacting with a component. good example is when i bring a vehicle in for a repair, lets say one that requires dash trim to be removed. Im pinning my hopes that the tech will care enough to have let alone use the best tools and technique to do so with minimal wear n tare. Yet nearly every time i can see some degree of how and what he used by the small tool marks left behind. Is it malicous intent if they use a metal or plastic pry bar? Or prorect pry points with a rag, masking tape or nothing. A lot of us here have OCD and would go to these lengths. Thats why I prefer to do most if my own work on my house and vehicles b/c its exhausting to explain my expectation level constantly, for routine work its just easier to do it myself..

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Your ranger looks great.Definitely call them out on that BS! What are you running for suspension, wheel tire combo? Also what part of VA are you from? I used to live in Fredericksburg.
Thanks! I have the Ford Performance Fox 2.0 kit with 265/70/R17 General Grabber ATX and then I have the RTR rims with 0 offset. Im actually from Oregon, but Im stationed out here for a little while longer. I am living in Alexandria right now.

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Went into the tire shop and showed them the damage and they said that there was no way the balancing machine could have done it (of course). Then they gave me a printed out piece of paper with a rim repair shop and told me to go shove it basically. So now that my week and a half honeymoon is over with my rims, she’s ready to be beaten off road. Wish they would’ve at least told me about the damage instead of being shady, but it is what it is