Constant quality complaints in forum

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Very true, people bitch about any and everything. Every gun forum I'm on their complaining about caliber choice, scope brand "knock down power" is my favorite.
Point being, give it time any mechanical component will break or fail at some point you own it.
I think I read more people die from .22 caliber than any other... maybe even combined.

It is not the caliber, it's the placement.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read more people die from .22 caliber than any other... maybe even combined.

Knives and hammers are more prolific killers...even bath tubs are better than guns...nothing beats low IQ tho...

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
The problem that I am referring to is caused when you apply the brake pedal, but with the same foot being over to the right a little too much, also hit the gas pedal. It is easy to do with the Ranger. It's been done before by me and others on here. I didn't even know that I was doing it at the time and was wondering why the engine was roaring with my foot on the brake. Just my 2 cents.
Ditto, on this as I did it, doing a complete brake bleed fixed this issue, as now the brake pedal is higher. It only took me to do it one time to grab my attention and have not done it since.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
The most worrisome thing I see is when people have Ranger troubles effecting safety, drivability and the dealers tell them to get stuffed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

There's a reason the mob would use a .22 years ago. Easy shot placement and it would scramble around in your head when placed there. I absolutely hate when some say you need to carry a .45 or carry nothing. :rolleyes: I'd rather carry what I'm comfortable with and what I know I can place all/most of my shots center mass with. With that I've always carried a 9mm but if my hands ever got so weak I'd consider a .22.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There's a reason the mob would use a .22 years ago. Easy shot placement and it would scramble around in your head when placed there. I absolutely hate when some say you need to carry a .45 or carry nothing. :rolleyes: I'd rather carry what I'm comfortable with and what I know I can place all/most of my shots center mass with. With that I've always carried a 9mm but if my hands ever got so weak I'd consider a .22.
Worked pretty well for the IDF as well. Mostly crowd dispersal, but still effective.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Let' face it. Some very guilty murderers would complain if they got hung with a dirty rope! It is just human nature. But that is not me!

I 'm guilty of abusing and mistreating my 2019 Ranger. Yet, I've never needed to return to the dealer for ANY repair, warranty or not. My only complaint I've had with my dealer, was their reluctance to change the oil at 4,000 miles on the OD. I just told the service manager to get used to it, as I have always changed oil every 4,000 miles, turbo equipped or not.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
The caliber and shot placement arguers are mostly among people who have little or no experience actually dispatching living things.
Perfect shot placement in man sized, not humans, animals (into the brain from the side or forehead) with a .22 LR does not always work as you would expect.
It failed enough that I quit doing it.

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The caliber and shot placement arguers are mostly among people who have little or no experience actually dispatching living things.
Perfect shot placement in man sized, not humans, animals (into the brain from the side or forehead) with a .22 LR does not always work as you would expect.
It failed enough that I quit doing it.
I once went groundhog hunting on the farm with the .22LR
plinked about 5 or 6 that night.
on my way home one more popped his head up so i gave him something to think about. A nice headshot.
Walk on over, he's kicking small circles in the dirt, bleeding out his temple but not dead yet.
I go to dispatch him and click....oh no, that was my last round. Check pockets for any spares, none to be found.
Walk the half mile home, grab another bullet and go back.
Got back and he was still alive and I felt like the worst hunter ever.
I loaded my round, put it to his forehead and apologized for taking so long
I pulled the trigger, and all i did was remove the fur off his forehead as the little lead projectile ricocheted off into the horizon....fml....10 times sorrier now, I made the walk again and brought several more rounds. By now its dark and I'm not only the worst hunter, I'm also illegally shooting after sunset.
Placement wasn't sufficient in this case.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I carry a Ruger LCP with crimson trace laser, with .380 ACP ammo. Packs a jerk, but the first one goes where the dot is. Only 7 rounds, but small and light. I know .40 is falling out of favor recently, but I still prefer it over 9mm.

The Mossad uses subsonic .22 with silencer - two shots to the head, at least from what I have read.

That said way back in the early 1970s a woman in our church was shot point blank in the head when she answered the door. Got it through a screen door - with placement above the eyebrows... right between the eyes.

She lived! in fact, I don't think she missed a Sunday Service! Had a deep depression in the location that looked like someone has pushed her skull in with their thumb. I do not believe that the bullet penetrated her skull, just severely dented it.

I have heard that .22 is the worst, as it "Purées" the brain once inside the skull.

In life, there are no absolutes, except death.

Yikes! This is getting dark.

Last edited:

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I carry a Ruger LCP with crimson trace laser, with .380 ACP ammo. Packs a jerk, but the first one goes where the dot is. Only 7 rounds, but small and light. I know .40 is falling out of favor recently, but I still prefer it over 9mm.

The Massad uses subsonic .22 with silencer - two shots to the head, at least from what I have read.

That said way back in the early 1970s a woman in our church was shot point blank in the head when she answered the door. Got it through a screen door - with placement above the eyebrows... right between the eyes.

She lived! in fact, I don't think she missed a Sunday Service! Had a deep depression in the location that looked like someone has pushed her skull in with their thumb. I do not believe that the bullet penetrated her skull, just severely dented it.

I have heard that .22 is the worst, as it "Purées" the brain once inside the skull.

In life, there are no absolutes, except death.

I think you might mean Mossad.

Reactions: TJC

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
And increasingly off topic. Please take further discussions to the off topic forum.

Thanks
Sponsored