Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
The shocks are Garbage....springs Good
OK, I got the FX struts/shocks with the FX2 pkge. In my Toyota, it ate up the bumps, with the Ranger, i feel myself anticipating / bracing for every what i would consider- minor bump with fear, waiting for the kidney kick? Did you notice something similar, and did this resolve it? I had no fear of bumps in the Toyota. Dread them in the Ranger, I am sorry to say.??
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I have the FX4 and I thought the stock shocks and struts were too bouncy and rolly. I didn’t feel like it jarred me at all. The Eibach’s firmed up the ride and took the bounce away and it rides smooth...in my opinion.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
OK, I got the FX struts/shocks with the FX2 pkge. In my Toyota, it ate up the bumps, with the Ranger, i feel myself anticipating / bracing for every what i would consider- minor bump with fear, waiting for the kidney kick? Did you notice something similar, and did this resolve it? I had no fear of bumps in the Toyota. Dread them in the Ranger, I am sorry to say.??
I feel like the kick is mostly the rebound in the rear. The shocks were so soft that those single leafs popped back way too fast and had a jarring effect. I don't notice it now with the Eibachs in the rear as much. Rides like a truck. The fronts are still a bit soft, but I'm ok with that for now.

The rear Eibach shocks take a lot of the side to side roll out of the stock ride and that's made a world of difference.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I've seen members who installed fronts lift anywhere from under an inch to over two, yet from what I can tell, the trucks look the same as far as being level.

Wondering why that is?

(Edit) cashed in some Amazon credit and ordered rears today, free shipping. Odd thing, most vendors only have one?

Local shop offered to install the rears for $80, maybe I'll tackle that on my own and have them do the fronts later (when I break down and buy them) since that will require an alignment.

Still have to decide on lift, between .75 inches vs. 2, like to keep a little rake to this. And I'll be towing occasionally.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I bought a used set of Eibach rear shocks from member Str8sh0oter. Installed in about 30 minutes. A low profile floor jack comes in really handy for this. I used it to jack the shocks into position in the bottom mount.

It's a big improvement in the back end of the truck. I felt it on the first on ramp. A lot of the bounce is gone.

2 negatives:
1. It's REALLY making me want the fronts.
2. Stiffening up the back end makes it a bit rougher riding.
I'm debating inviting the ire of my HOA and putting mine on in my driveway. I presume you did this with the tires on and on the ground?

I think if I back in to the driveway close to my unit I can do this undetected if so. As long as I keep the cursing to a minimum.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm debating inviting the ire of my HOA and putting mine on in my driveway. I presume you did this with the tires on and on the ground?

I think if I back in to the driveway close to my unit I can do this undetected if so. As long as I keep the cursing to a minimum.
Yep, tires on the ground. Most cussing was trying to find 1 of the captive top nuts that fell on the frame. Some masking tape will prevent that.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Yep, tires on the ground. Most cussing was trying to find 1 of the captive top nuts that fell on the frame. Some masking tape will prevent that.
Hmmm, how much lift am I gonna need from the floor Jack I wonder.
And does the 2.25 lift up front leave any rake?

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my truck a small present - GAIA
I lifted mine 3.75" and had a touch of reverse rake it's since settled out with the weight of the bumper/winch combo and time. I'm thinking you'll have a touch of rake with the 2.25" setting. I'm assuming you're installing Eibach struts up front with stock springs?

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I have the Eibach’s front and back. Front set at 2.5 and visually it looks pretty level but by the tape measure the front is still about 1” lower than the back.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
haha! I did the same thing and I think Isaid “you’ve gotta be F-n’ kidding me” when it happened.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have the Eibach’s front and back. Front set at 2.5 and visually it looks pretty level but by the tape measure the front is still about 1” lower than the back.
Do you recall what the height options are for these?

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
On the front, zero” (OEM height), 0.75”, 1.50” and 2.25” by moving the circlip.
On the rear, the shocks do not add lift, but will accommodate up to 1.00” lift blocks.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
On the front, zero” (OEM height), 0.75”, 1.50” and 2.25” by moving the circlip.
On the rear, the shocks do not add lift, but will accommodate up to 1.00” lift blocks.
And 3”.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I ordered my truck a small present - GAIA
I lifted mine 3.75" and had a touch of reverse rake it's since settled out with the weight of the bumper/winch combo and time. I'm thinking you'll have a touch of rake with the 2.25" setting. I'm assuming you're installing Eibach struts up front with stock springs?
Yes, no plans on lifting the haunches further. Sounds like front lift options in three-quarter inch increments, I'm thinking of splitting the current three inch difference.
Sponsored