First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that , and thanks for the info. Give it to Goodwill, and take a 2019 tax write off.
Sponsored

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Well, that's a bummer.

I've determined I'd like a grab handle. Although the Ranger is a LOT smaller than my F250, I have developed a habit over the last 9 years getting in and out, and am finding I'm still wanting to climb in and out the same way on the Ranger because of the side steps. I can't seem to develop the 'grab the steering wheel' habit.

I added the side steps last minute after my order was in, when I realized that although I could pretty easily get in and out without the side step, I was putting just a bit too much pressure on the seat, and decided that would cause too much wear over the years. I tend to keep my trucks 8-10 years.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen lots of talk about the grab handle and can't quite understand why anyone would care whether it has one on the drivers side or not? The truck isn't tall enough for it to be useful. I mean you don't climb up into the truck like you would a big 3/4 ton or something. Or is it the asymmetry with it being only on the passenger side? Not knocking anyone. Just genuinely interested.
I use the grab handle from all but the missing driver's to pull myself up and over to wipe the roof and glass...could really use a driver's grab handle to do the same to help with wiping the driver's windshield

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't want to be constantly pulling on the steering wheel. that's not its intended purpose. you'll just be risking the possibility of future problems with it by constantly pulling it
Really? What do you do when driving? You constantly pull and push on the steering wheel. They are designed to handle it, trust me, LOL. Yes the handle does block more of your vision.

Mack

Changing our camping setup from a pull behind trailer pulled by a Powerwagon to a small class C that can't handle the weight of the Powerwagon to flat tow, so looking at the smaller pickups. Looking at the ranger as the TOAD option, have test drove one and love the way it drives, but getting into it without the grab handle is an issue for me. I don't mind that they decided to not put it in for a standard feature, but having had knee surgery and will forever have issues now with inability to have the knee bend as it used to, the lack of one altogether is becoming a big issue for me in deciding to purchase. I would not have cared if that was a $500 option, it would be worth it to me.

Asu4040

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Reviving this old thread just to say it was silly of Ford to axe the drivers ā€˜Oh *hitā€™ bar. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s more to it than strictly cost saving. It wouldnā€™t be so bad if there was an easy aftermarket solution, such as Jeepā€™s Velcro grab handles. Lift, bigger tires, and a bad back means Iā€™ll be investing in running boards. Come on Ford!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I still think someone from down under could buy 25 of the RHD ones, inexpensively ship them here on a slow boat, and sell each one for 250$+

@RCMUSTANG

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I still think someone from down under could buy 25 of the RHD ones, inexpensively ship them here on a slow boat, and sell each one for 250$+

@RCMUSTANG
I believe someone purchased one of the RHD drive ones and tried to install it and it is quite a bit different.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Darn, I had yet to see that one. I rescind my previous statement.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you buy something that you struggle to get into. :crazy:

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2015 MX-5 Club, 2016 VW GTI
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen lots of talk about the grab handle and can't quite understand why anyone would care whether it has one on the drivers side or not? The truck isn't tall enough for it to be useful. I mean you don't climb up into the truck like you would a big 3/4 ton or something. Or is it the asymmetry with it being only on the passenger side? Not knocking anyone. Just genuinely interested.
I drove a lifted Ram 2500 for 5 years before my Ranger, and in that vehicle, it was a necessity. Now that I have a leveled Ranger on slightly larger tires, I find myself reaching for a handle that's not there. I think mostly out of habit, but also because I like to lift myself up and into my seat, rather than slide across the bolster. I'm a fit, 6'1" tall dude. I've never had the bolster wear out of any seat.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

@RCMUSTANG
Nope, there's a thread already about how differnt they are. Not going to owrk unfortunately!