Do I have a Tremor?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Upfitter switches
This is the only reason to get a Tremor, in my opinion. The switches look clean as hell and are much easier to wire than any aftermarket option. I'm in the middle of wiring and... factory would be nice.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.37.16 AM.png

In this case it's marketing speak in the sales brochure. In the place of the small tray on the top of the dashboard there are 6 pre-wired auxiliary switches on the Tremor. So "power pack" is some marketing copywriter's way of saying there is a group of 6 powered switches haha.

Dextrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
HealthCare
Serious question... How is a Tremor functionally different from what I have?

20191124_125759.jpg

I have a 2019 Lariat Sport FX4 with a locking rear, Terrain Management, Trail Control, front air-dam delete, Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kit and BFG KO2 255/75/R17 tires.

If I were to trade my truck in for a 2023 Tremor, other than badging and grill... How would a new Tremor be more off-road capable than what I have? What's different?
Dont know ,but that is a beautiful purpose built truck. I would simply enjoy it and find the limits of what it and you can do!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.37.16 AM.png

In this case it's marketing speak in the sales brochure. In the place of the small tray on the top of the dashboard there are 6 pre-wired auxiliary switches on the Tremor. So "power pack" is some marketing copywriter's way of saying there is a group of 6 powered switches haha.
Interesting. I guess these are all 12V?

Reactions: Doc

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question... How is a Tremor functionally different from what I have?

20191124_125759.jpg

I have a 2019 Lariat Sport FX4 with a locking rear, Terrain Management, Trail Control, front air-dam delete, Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kit and BFG KO2 255/75/R17 tires.

If I were to trade my truck in for a 2023 Tremor, other than badging and grill... How would a new Tremor be more off-road capable than what I have? What's different?
Greg, first off, beautiful truck. Functionally, it would be as good as, or arguably better than a factory Tremor off road. The big differences with the Tremor package are the upgraded Fox 2.0 suspension, rear leafs, bigger tires, wider wheels and bigger alternator. All of which are upgradeable. The rest is mostly cosmetics, many of which are upgradeable too. You did a great job on your mods and I canā€™t see what youā€™d gain at this point on the Tremor. Granted, for me, if it had been available in 2019, I would have gone with that factory package, but it was not available yet so I too have since made similar mods to ā€œTremorizeā€ my truck. I plan to wait to see if Ford offers a PHEV Tremor with the 6 g, but for now, Iā€˜m good with mine as it stands. Again, great looking rig.

Hereā€˜s mine. Made many similar mods as you. Tremor Fox suspension, leafs, tires, wheels, steps and grill. The Tremor take off wheels are offset an extra half inch or so and it made the stance a bit wider. They are +42mm offset versus the +55mm offset on the Sport wheels or Ford Performance Raptor wheels, which is a 1/2 inch wider difference. Your truck looks amazing.
1684286336354.jpeg

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Greg, first off, beautiful truck. Functionally, it would be as good as, or arguably better than a factory Tremor off road. The big differences with the Tremor package are the upgraded Fox 2.0 suspension, rear leafs, bigger tires, wider wheels and bigger alternator. All of which are upgradeable. The rest is mostly cosmetics, many of which are upgradeable too. You did a great job on your mods and I canā€™t see what youā€™d gain at this point on the Tremor. Granted, for me, if it had been available in 2019, I would have gone with that factory package, but it was not available yet so I too have since made similar mods to ā€œTremorizeā€ my truck. I plan to wait to see if Ford offers a PHEV Tremor with the 6 g, but for now, Iā€˜m good with mine as it stands. Again, great looking rig.

Hereā€˜s mine. Made many similar mods as you. Tremor Fox suspension, leafs, tires, wheels, steps and grill. The Tremor take off wheels are offset an extra half inch or so and it made the stance a bit wider. They are +42mm offset versus the +55mm offset on the Sport wheels or Ford Performance Raptor wheels, which is a 1/2 inch wider difference. Your truck looks amazing.
1684286336354.jpeg
Thank you, sir. It sounds like you and I are on the same page ?

Tiger02595

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Bourbon Ambassador
I know that is does have a Rzeppa joint versus a pinion flange. Could see this as a benefit for going to bigger tires and maintaining the drive line without dropping the TC or rotating the rear axle to maintain the drive line.

I do not know the durability of that Rzeppa joint or if there is an aftermarket product like from Teraflex. There is another thread on a busted Rzeppa joint on here, but I don't plan on a lift or running 35" tires anytime soon.

I do love my Tremor though.