First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
when i got my 5g the tremors were not out. about a month after i got my fx4 sport the trimmers lol were showing up on the net. I was a lil sad but honestly all they have that i wanted was the better drive shaft and nicer seats. the rest i think is better aftermarket for quality and price. I put on better suspension parts, better tires, powered switches etc. and feel like i dont need the tremor. at one point i saw the across the pond version called fx4 Max, seems like it was the same deal as the tremor package in the states. but it had rock rails (more like rock scrape avoiders) similar to the broncos. id love to have those.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I know that is does have a Rzeppa joint versus a pinion flange. Could see this as a benefit for going to bigger tires and maintaining the drive line without dropping the TC or rotating the rear axle to maintain the drive line.

I do not know the durability of that Rzeppa joint or if there is an aftermarket product like from Teraflex. There is another thread on a busted Rzeppa joint on here, but I don't plan on a lift or running 35" tires anytime soon.

I do love my Tremor though.
brutal honesty i think that was a band aid ford added to the tremors that should have been on all the rangers. my 5g came from the factory with the drive shaft / pinon and rear end out of spec. caused a lot of headaches. esp after i added some new suspension parts. went through a couple mechanics to figure out that stuff was out of whack before adding anything which made a mess.

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
im not a fan of the tremor stickers and labels. trimmer lol. well come to think on it most stickers from the factory.
Neither was I, which is why after buying RokBlokz mud flaps my second mod was a heat gun. I think it looks way better with nothing.

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
Very nice truck!

I only saw it mentioned once - but the seat material as well. You can have an XLT and still get vinyl/suede seats. Another thing that I think comes standard with the Tremor are the heavy-duty weather-proof floor mats. Minor things, but still things that factored into my decision of Tremor XLT over other packages or trims.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I like everything about the Tremor, better suspension, tires, no drive shaft shake, better seats, and yes...I even like the stickers.
ill admit id like a tremor if i had to start over. but id remove the stickers. i hear tremor and i think of that old folk shaking syndrome or norelco etc.

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
The only sticker that came with my Tremor was the one on the back that says Tremor. I like it. If you don't like it, it is small enough to remove easily.

Last edited:

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question... How is a Tremor functionally different from what I have?

20191124_125759.jpg

I have a 2019 Lariat Sport FX4 with a locking rear, Terrain Management, Trail Control, front air-dam delete, Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kit and BFG KO2 255/75/R17 tires.

If I were to trade my truck in for a 2023 Tremor, other than badging and grill... How would a new Tremor be more off-road capable than what I have? What's different?
Sticker, what sticker. I pulled that POS off my Tremor. Was installed crappy and peeling from day one. ??

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Sticker, what sticker. I pulled that POS off my Tremor. Was installed crappy and peeling from day one. ??
They all look like they're applied crooked in my opinion.
Can't have that.

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
They all look like they're applied crooked in my opinion.
Can't have that.
Yep. Seriously though it’s been a good truck so far. Rides nice and is plenty capable for my use. I didn’t think I would like the seats but have decided I prefer them over leather. The grabber tires are good but do throw gravel easy so I put on different boards to protect the bottom paint and look cooler.

Counting Buck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Father | Hunter | Accountant
I ripped those off day one as well and bought a high quality Etsy badge to put on the tailgate.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I commented in this thread earlier in the week and just happened to park beside a Tremor at Bass Pro Shop yesterday. No two people justify their money the same or even weigh out the importance of options the same, like seat material and shock quality. To me its the power and ability when the rubber meets the road.

IMG_20230512_172919.jpg

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
OP great looking truck. I have 2019 fx4 with very similar mods. I think we are both as close as you can get to a Tremor in a 2019 Ranger.
20221015_155335.jpg

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
Peeling from day one? You got an oddball. All that I've seen, including mine are firmly and flatly attached.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Peeling from day one? You got an oddball. All that I've seen, including mine are firmly and flatly attached.
Mine was perfect too...at least until I ripped that ugly sob off ruining my beautiful metallic platinum paint!
Sponsored