First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger 4x4 STX/2017 fiesta se
Occupation
Us army infantry
I was wondering what yall think I should do. I currently have a 2019 xl 4x4 stx with 15,000 miles I already have 8k paid off on it and trade in is basically same as what I bought it for . I'm looking at upgrading to a 21' xlt tremor the dealer site currently has one with the same color as my current ranger for $41k and I really want to upgrade for the rear locker and suspension as well as the tech that comes in the xlt. I'm just curious if yall think it would be worth it.
Sponsored

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering what yall think I should do. I currently have a 2019 xl 4x4 stx with 15,000 miles I already have 8k paid off on it and trade in is basically same as what I bought it for . I'm looking at upgrading to a 21' xlt tremor the dealer site currently has one with the same color as my current ranger for $41k and I really want to upgrade for the rear locker and suspension as well as the tech that comes in the xlt. I'm just curious if yall think it would be worth it.
going to an XLT with an optioned rear locker is the route I went. if you want to do the work yourself, check out my build thread. Fox 2.0's, UCAs, wheels/tires etc all for 4k-6k depending on if you install yourself.

IMHO Tremor packge is only worth it if you plan on leaving it stock

OP
OP

Bungleflop

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Us army infantry
going to an XLT with an optioned rear locker is the route I went. if you want to do the work yourself, check out my build thread. Fox 2.0's, UCAs, wheels/tires etc all for 4k-6k depending on if you install yourself.

I think I will leave it stock and try and get the 8 year warranty with the ford performance package wrapped into it that's my hope atleast.

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I think I will leave it stock and try and get the 8 year warranty with the ford performance package wrapped into it that's my hope atleast.
then you should let it rip while your trade-in value is high

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I think with current market and all, trading up to the Tremor will be quite nice as well as long term value vs an XL version. You can make any of the performance upgrades you want to yours and make it feel like or better than a Tremor but it will cost more in the long run I think.

The other value with the Tremor is the Interior. Seat materials and display unit.

It is darn near the same truck otherwise but to get your truck to match the Tremor specs would cost quite a bit. People undervalue the mods. Multi-leaf rear springs, fox shocks, thinner sway bars, CV joint driveshaft, FX4 skid plates, actually good AT tires, Raptor wheels, etc. It is a pretty nice package.

OP
OP

Bungleflop

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Us army infantry
I think with current market and all, trading up to the Tremor will be quite nice as well as long term value vs an XL version. You can make any of the performance upgrades you want to yours and make it feel like or better than a Tremor but it will cost more in the long run I think.

The other value with the Tremor is the Interior. Seat materials and display unit.

It is darn near the same truck otherwise but to get your truck to match the Tremor specs would cost quite a bit. People undervalue the mods. Multi-leaf rear springs, fox shocks, thinner sway bars, CV joint driveshaft, FX4 skid plates, actually good AT tires, Raptor wheels, etc. It is a pretty nice package.
Thank you I got the wife's approval so its basically a done deal ima call them up and see if I can get it done

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
This was the key phrase "... and I really want to upgrade for the rear locker and suspension as well as the tech that comes in the xlt. "
Between that, and your wife's approval (I always suggest this route) it seems your path is clear.
Best of luck with your transaction. I hope it's all you think it will be.

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Congrats! You made a great decision. I also took advantage of the high trade in values just to get into a Ranger. Not a Tremor but, the FX4 package is more than enough for my needs.