Do I have a Tremor?

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Serious question... How is a Tremor functionally different from what I have?

20191124_125759.jpg

I have a 2019 Lariat Sport FX4 with a locking rear, Terrain Management, Trail Control, front air-dam delete, Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kit and BFG KO2 255/75/R17 tires.

If I were to trade my truck in for a 2023 Tremor, other than badging and grill... How would a new Tremor be more off-road capable than what I have? What's different?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Serious question... How is a Tremor functionally different from what I have?

20191124_125759.jpg

I have a 2019 Lariat Sport FX4 with a locking rear, Terrain Management, Trail Control, front air-dam delete, Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kit and BFG KO2 255/75/R17 tires.

If I were to trade my truck in for a 2023 Tremor, other than badging and grill... How would a new Tremor be more off-road capable than what I have? What's different?
The Tremor has different Fox shocks than the Fx4 and different leaf springs too. It also comes stock with LT265/70/17 General Grabbers. IIRC the driveshaft is also different from reading the Tom Woods thread. All things you can upgrade on your own fairly easily.

Counting Buck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Father | Hunter | Accountant
Another I didn't see listed: It gets pretty damn hot in the desert here in Texas and I LOVE the suede inserts in the seats. Makes the seats much cooler to sit on.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
As I recall,the Ford performance Fox shock kit is valved differently that the Tremor Fox shocks. The front anti-sway bar is supposed to be softer on the Tremor as well to allow more suspension flex.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Meh not worth it. Main difference would just be bigger Alternator, built in AUX switches and better Multi Leaf rear suspension. Not worth it at all. You have all the core bits with, better springs/Shocks, TM and locking rear, and better tires. I would wait a few more years to see what mid cycle upgrades the 6g ranger brings and hopefully a new Tremor or god hoping a PEHV :)

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
The Tremor has different Fox shocks than the Fx4 and different leaf springs too. It also comes stock with LT265/70/17 General Grabbers. IIRC the driveshaft is also different from reading the Tom Woods thread. All things you can upgrade on your own fairly easily.
My tires are actually .3" taller and, IMO, the KO2 is better than the Grabber. I also prefer a skinny taller tire (there are scientific articles that explain why they're better in most situations if anybody is interested.)

As mentioned, I have the Ford Performance front shocks, which may or may not be the same as Tremor, but are definitely an improvement over the FX4 shocks it came with.

Noted on the rear leaf springs if they're different. Not sure on the driveshaft, if they are different as that's the first I've heard of that.

I'm also not sure how a different driveshaft would be functionally better for me (unless I broke my current one) and I don't do aftermarket lights/air so upfitter switches would just sit empty like they do in my Super Duty.

I really can't find the benefit in my specific situation.

I'd definitely order a Tremor if I had the option today though, if only for the suspension and grill

Last edited:
OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh not worth it. Main difference would just be bigger Alternator, built in AUX switches and better Multi Leaf rear suspension. Not worth it at all. You have all the core bits with, better springs/Shocks, TM and locking rear, and better tires. I would wait a few more years to see what mid cycle upgrades the 6g ranger brings and hopefully a new Tremor or god hoping a PEHV :)
My thoughts exactly. I'm first in line for a Raptor at a large dealership

Screenshot_20230513_002312_Messages.jpg

but the more I think about it, I think I'll just keep what I have and wait for a new Tremor, hopefully with a 2.7L or PHEV.

My current truck does everything I want it to do. I don't see the reason to "upgrade" to a current Tremor and the Raptor has too many drawbacks for how I use it.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Other than the bells & whistles (side steps, stickers, and aux switches etc.) you've got a Tremor. Judging from your photo you've got a "Tremor+". All 5G's have the same engine & driveline and with your FX4, you've even the locking rear diff of a Tremor.
If my base XL had a rear locking diff and a levelling kit, I'd have a Tremor too.....where it counts.....off road.

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
Aux switches, full leaf pack, different drive shaft “rzeppa”, fox shocks tuned with remote res in back, alternator,
Sponsored