DIY: Adding the 12V Power Outlet Option in the Bed

SpazC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
Wound up finding a motorcraft pigtail for $15 on ebay, should be here Tuesday along with my week late BAKflip MX4 ( Thanks FedEx for sending it to CA instead of AL )
So factory plug at a reasonable price. $30 for a pigtail is insane and you're better off cutting the factory wires at that point
Sponsored

asix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 XLT
I used the BCM module to change it, Disabled Power Point Feature.
1609268914874.png

But can confirm after change that was the Hex change, 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0.

I am going on 2.5 hours and power is still there vs stock setting of 4500 sec (1.5 hrs).

Confirmed! this also applies to the rear power ports AND the aux power to the bed.?

And Battery saver will shut them off if the battery gets too low. I can also confirm this as I was doing some testing with low battery (I discovered) and my bed lights would shut off after like 30sec after turning the IGN off. This was before my ForScan mods so had me freaked out a bit! The bed light install was not a quick n easy!
I just did this but I don't get power after my ignition is off. Only while on. I changed..

Power Point Feature: ENABLED\DISABLED
Power Point Timeout, s: 7200

Nothing.

So I did the hex edit above and nothing either. Anything else I need to change? I'm not looking for always on, I'm looking to have it one for 2 hours then to go off.

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I just did this but I don't get power after my ignition is off. Only while on. I changed..

Nothing.

So I did the hex edit above and nothing either. Anything else I need to change? I'm not looking for always on, I'm looking to have it one for 2 hours then to go off.
I disabled the power point feature - so it never times out
you need to leave it enabled and change the time only

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant

Nothing.

Check your battery. Mine was low. I had to charge it to get the BCM to stop kicking the accessories off early. FORScan was reporting around 11.8V for me until I charged my battery. I increased the battery target to 90% as well to see if that will help.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Check your battery. Mine was low. I had to charge it to get the BCM to stop kicking the accessories off early. FORScan was reporting around 11.8V for me until I charged my battery. I increased the battery target to 90% as well to see if that will help.
Forgot to mention that!
Mine was no longer working once key was off. ASS also stopped working.
Got my battery replaced under warranty!?

asix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 XLT
Yeah my battery symbol in forscan was something like 11.8%ish with a yellow icon. These batteries just crap in these trucks?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah my battery symbol in forscan was something like 11.8%ish with a yellow icon. These batteries just crap in these trucks?
I think there was a bad batch of batteries. There's been a pretty constant trickle of people getting warranty replacements on their batteries, mostly (IIRC) 2019 models, that doesn't seem correlated to mileage or somesuch.

BILKO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion, 2019 Ford Ranger
Hey everyone I've been working on a factory looking 12V 20 amp socket for the bed that doesn't require cutting into the bed or splicing into wires. It also doesn't require any adapters. It uses a heavy duty socket and 14awg well insulated copper wire. It's a super simple install that only requires tightening one stainless steel bolt. The socket housing is also sprayed with truck bed liner. Below is a link to the listing I have on eBay. Check it out and message me if you have any questions. I'm also looking at selling the same setup with I long pigtail so you can run it to the battery or fuse box. Let me know if you are interested.

Look at this on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

20220126_204416.jpg

20220126_200332.jpg

20220126_195024.jpg

20220126_200342.jpg

20220126_200433.jpg

20220126_203808.jpg

20220126_204349.jpg

20220126_204327.jpg

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Hey everyone I've been working on a factory looking 12V 20 amp socket for the bed that doesn't require cutting into the bed or splicing into wires. It also doesn't require any adapters. It uses a heavy duty socket and 14awg well insulated copper wire. It's a super simple install that only requires tightening one stainless steel bolt. The socket housing is also sprayed with truck bed liner. Below is a link to the listing I have on eBay. Check it out and message me if you have any questions. I'm also looking at selling the same setup with I long pigtail so you can run it to the battery or fuse box. Let me know if you are interested.

Look at this on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

20220126_204416.jpg

Looks great! Seems similar to Wolf Haus's solution. https://whor.us/

Edited because my original reply made me sound like an ass. :lipssealed:

BILKO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Seems similar to Wolf Haus's solution. https://whor.us/

Edited because my original reply made me sound like an ass. :lipssealed:
Yeah thanks. When I was looking into making my own 12V outlet I was looking to add it in the opening in the bed. As I was doing my research I did find WolfHaus' setup and he did a great job but I wanted something a little different for my truck. I wanted to run my tire air compressor off of it so I wanted to make sure all of the components were rated for 20 amps since the compressor is 15 amps and I would have been cutting it close. I also wanted an outlet in the bed without a wire adapter. I also wanted a way to fit the outlet in the cutout that hid the fastener(s). So yeah it's similar in where it mounts and that it plugs into the factory 12V plug under the bed but there are a lot of differences to fit my needs. Believe me I am an engineer and would hate for someone to just steal my design. That is not what I am trying to do. I have a lot of respect for what WolfHaus was able to do.

Krudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat fx4
Yeah thanks. When I was looking into making my own 12V outlet I was looking to add it in the opening in the bed. As I was doing my research I did find WolfHaus' setup and he did a great job but I wanted something a little different for my truck. I wanted to run my tire air compressor off of it so I wanted to make sure all of the components were rated for 20 amps since the compressor is 15 amps and I would have been cutting it close. I also wanted an outlet in the bed without a wire adapter. I also wanted a way to fit the outlet in the cutout that hid the fastener(s). So yeah it's similar in where it mounts and that it plugs into the factory 12V plug under the bed but there are a lot of differences to fit my needs. Believe me I am an engineer and would hate for someone to just steal my design. That is not what I am trying to do. I have a lot of respect for what WolfHaus was able to do.
Just purchased! Exactly what I’m looking for - also looking to max out to 20amps on the 12V - looking forward to trying it out

BILKO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just purchased! Exactly what I’m looking for - also looking to max out to 20amps on the 12V - looking forward to trying it out
Awesome thanks for the purchase. I will get the order out today!

BILKO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The package is on the way and should arrive Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend!
Sponsored