First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If you are not looking at adjustability then yes. Old Man EMU actually has a nice practical kit for that and it comes with a nice warranty(3 year and 36,000 miles). I might be a little off on the mileage warranty. That is what I currently run at this time as the whole forum already knows. The only thing is most on here think FOX is just beter but FOX itself and most other kits do not offer a lift and only a level. Even woth Icon now offering leaf springs the kits that include them cost more than the Old Man EMU BP-51 kit. As for Deavers unless the company providing them has a specific shock tuned for them I dont believe there is a shock out of the box that is 100% set to handle the spring rate correctly. Some that are close? Very possible. Other than that not really. @Superdannyboy already mentioned earlier about King shocks but not wanting to wait(dont blame him on that) so my best guess is there are a set of Kings that will match up but then again you are talking a high price tag.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I should go fishing today.

I know full well what's out there. Just curious if I'd get the full court press on your sales pitch is all.

No thanks. I'm not spending $1400 to downgrade my suspension.

Very happy with my Ford/Fox LIFT at roughly the same cost instead.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I should go fishing today.

I know full well what's out there. Just curious if I'd get the full court press on your sales pitch is all.

No thanks. I'm not spending $1400 to downgrade my suspension.

Very happy with my Ford/Fox LIFT at roughly the same cost instead.
Yeah the pack suspension doesn't really offer a lift. It does offer leveling but it does not off for a Lyft. A lot of people get that confused

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
What do you mean by matched? Like leaf springs and shocks? Icon has leafs and you could get their 2.0s. All of the 2.5 shocks cost about the same and they're all about the same but fox is slightly the best because they have a bigger company they have better QA.
I was just trolling Frenchy to get another sales pitch out of him.

I think it's cool that you guys are playing with custom valving to build your trucks the way you want them. My shock tuning knowledge is limited to sports cars so I'm perfectly content with the OTS of my Fox shocks.

If I were building a truck like yours I could justify the Deavers. It's a baddass ride. But my daily driver/trail cruiser doesn't rate that kind of kit. I was eyeballing the Icons until I found the global springs to get my softer, progressive, multi leaf fix.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah the pack suspension doesn't really offer a lift. It does offer leveling but it does not off for a Lyft. A lot of people get that confused
How is my truck not lifted?

Fox 2.0 stage 1, along with Ford global Ranger multileafs.

Factory set from Fox at 2" of lift on the front coilovers, and approximately ⅝" lift from the rear springs.

It's no different than your OME lift. Springs and shocks both front and rear. Except that's it's not an antiquated dual tube shock, and the front is adjustable in height.

Perhaps you're confused?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How is my truck not lifted?

Fox 2.0 stage 1, along with Ford global Ranger multileafs.

Factory set from Fox at 2" of lift on the front coilovers, and approximately ⅝" lift from the rear springs.

It's no different than your OME lift. Springs and shocks both front and rear. Except that's it's not an antiquated dual tube shock, and the front is adjustable in height.

Perhaps you're confused?
I am definitely curious about the Springs you chose for the rear to actually see how much lift it would have provided as for your Fox kit by itself it is simply only a leveling kit. What was that it only raises the front by however much you wanted to raise the front. For the rear all it does is replace the shocks which doesn't do anything but change the dampening that is already a proven fact. A lift kit on the other hand like the old man emu kids lift the entire truck. Depending on said lift kit will also depend on whether you're actually going to gain travel because of the leaf springs be changed out or if you're only gaining lift and no travel because you're installing

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I am definitely curious about the Springs you chose for the rear to actually see how much lift it would have provided as for your Fox kit by itself it is simply only a leveling kit. What was that it only raises the front by however much you wanted to raise the front. For the rear all it does is replace the shocks which doesn't do anything but change the dampening that is already a proven fact. A lift kit on the other hand like the old man emu kids lift the entire truck. Depending on said lift kit will also depend on whether you're actually going to gain travel because of the leaf springs be changed out or if you're only gaining lift and no travel because you're installing
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...rear-spring-anybody-know-spring-design.14074/

You like to smell your own farts. Am I right?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
You know you can just simply post the answer instead of a tire different thread. It would be a little bit nice to do so you would think.
I answered the question before you even asked it in post #64.

⅝"

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I was just trolling Frenchy to get another sales pitch out of him.

I think it's cool that you guys are playing with custom valving to build your trucks the way you want them. My shock tuning knowledge is limited to sports cars so I'm perfectly content with the OTS of my Fox shocks.

If I were building a truck like yours I could justify the Deavers. It's a baddass ride. But my daily driver/trail cruiser doesn't rate that kind of kit. I was eyeballing the Icons until I found the global springs to get my softer, progressive, multi leaf fix.
I see what you did. Haha.

I have so much fun in this as a daily golly my whole life changed the sun follows me everywhere I have nothing to worry about the ride is so nice on and off the road I love my deavers and tuned ride.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not too sure on what the lengths of the BP-51's are right off but I am aware that tye fronts dont quite have the travel a FOX 2.5 have. As for size they are right at a 2.0 since the 51 stands for the bore in millimeters. Would they work well on a long travel setup like the BAJA or other long travel arm kits? Possibly but I would suspect a different ranger for the dampening would be necessary. What I have confirmed with OME is they are designed to work with the standard kit and give lift of 2.4 front and 1.6 rear using the OME springs all the way around so you still gain travel on all 4 compared to stock.
You just have to becareful with the BP51's. They are adjustable to dangerous levels. Almost like running no shocks.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Just wanted to update you guys. So the deavers are now settled I've had them on now for exactly 7 months.

The left and right fenders measured from the ground going through the center of the wheel hub both are 42". The left is slightly under like 41 7/8 but still that's better than the 1 inch difference I had stock between both sides.

So the height did go up like 2 inches when I first installed, however the height did go down and is even.

I didn't put the extra plate that goes on the bottom of the left leaf pack because I didn't know I was supposed to but the left and right are within .125" so there's that.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just wanted to update you guys. So the deavers are now settled I've had them on now for exactly 7 months.

The left and right fenders measured from the ground going through the center of the wheel hub both are 42". The left is slightly under like 41 7/8 but still that's better than the 1 inch difference I had stock between both sides.

So the height did go up like 2 inches when I first installed, however the height did go down and is even.

I didn't put the extra plate that goes on the bottom of the left leaf pack because I didn't know I was supposed to but the left and right are within .125" so there's that.
Thay good to know especially with the little spacer. I tried to have it removed with Old Man EMU and unfortunately it wasnt possible

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The global towing springs from the UK are no longer available. I guess the Deavers are the way to go.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase

Racket

First Name