Deaver Leaf Springs

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Hey guys, so installed my deavers this weekend. Pretty easy install so with that being said, the ride is so much better! For example, big dips and bumps used to buck the rear of my truck and now the rear just soaks it right up. Really impressed. I'll do another review with more miles. I did get about an inch and a half raise in the rear. I will also remeasure the rear after some miles and let y'all know if it goes down, or if anyone has already done so, whatcha got? Has anyone removed the rear sway bar? I currently have 5100's, which are perfect for on road and minimal offroading, but I think I'll get the icon 2.5's with cdcv's by this summer. Really happy with the upgrade.
Edit: added a pic right after install, for reference purposes, I have the eibach 3" lift coils up front and still have rake. Wasn't expecting a raised rear end so we'll see if it settles or not.
PXL_20210417_180944166.MP.jpg
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Truck is lookin pretty badass. I’m guessing those are fiberglass body panels. Are you going to have the whole thing wrapped or get them painted?

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no rear sway bar. I'll take it if you have one.
Really? Since the rear is an axle? I haven't really looked for one now that I think about it. I did remove the front.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck is lookin pretty badass. I’m guessing those are fiberglass body panels. Are you going to have the whole thing wrapped or get them painted?
Thanks! Yes I have fiberglass, up front the fenders and valence and in the rear the bedsides. The front has already been painted and I'll have the same guy paint the bedsides this Tuesday, I had to sand a bit by the tailgate before I was ready.
When I ordered the fiberglass, I went to an off-road shop and they quoted me at least 4k to paint and install the fiberglass, I installed myself and the total to paint is $2100.
Edit: I was also quoted 4k for a total wrap. Well they said it starts at 4k.

Last edited:

Polaris130

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Hey guys, so installed my deavers this weekend. Pretty easy install so with that being said, the ride is so much better! For example, big dips and bumps used to buck the rear of my truck and now the rear just soaks it right up. Really impressed. I'll do another review with more miles. I did get about an inch and a half raise in the rear. I will also remeasure the rear after some miles and let y'all know if it goes down, or if anyone has already done so, whatcha got? Has anyone removed the rear sway bar? I currently have 5100's, which are perfect for on road and minimal offroading, but I think I'll get the icon 2.5's with cdcv's by this summer. Really happy with the upgrade.
Edit: added a pic right after install, for reference purposes, I have the eibach 3" lift coils up front and still have rake. Wasn't expecting a raised rear end so we'll see if it settles or not.
PXL_20210417_180944166.MP.jpg
looks so good! i have the icon leaf pack laying around that i will be popping in with the coils. i believe it will raise up my rear a bit as well. are you on 35s right now?

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks so good! i have the icon leaf pack laying around that i will be popping in with the coils. i believe it will raise up my rear a bit as well. are you on 35s right now?
Thanks! Man I bet the icon leafs will be sweet too! And no I'm on 33's until they're roasted ??

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was thinking of keeping the bilstein 5100's in the rear because they were so much of an improvement over oem, but I got the icon 2.5" coilovers up front and I am highly considering putting them in the rear as well. Didn't think 2?5's would make such an improvement up front so I am imagining the improvement in the rear going hand in hand with the deavers.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I was thinking of keeping the bilstein 5100's in the rear because they were so much of an improvement over oem, but I got the icon 2.5" coilovers up front and I am highly considering putting them in the rear as well. Didn't think 2?5's would make such an improvement up front so I am imagining the improvement in the rear going hand in hand with the deavers.
Hi Danny,

Suspension tuning is all about balance as well as control. When you are in the aftermarket bolt on arena...finding balance is hit or miss. Rarely is it a real hit, but can be a very close miss to the point the new miss is an improvement. I leave the off road tuning to folks like Greg Foutz at FMI who is connected with Ford and had the resources to truly tune off road suspensions.

When Doug S and I created the FX4 brand...the amount of work to tune the shocks for control of the front and rear and more importantly, the front to real balance was a real leraning curve for both Doug and me. Doug was part of my Offroad team and immersed himself in the tuning and learned a ton of stuff that we applied. First FX4 prototype was handed off to my boss... He came back the next day, having taking it home over night, and told me it drives and rides better than his Lincoln...so I did not get the keys back as they were handed off to higher ups until I got the keys back with a note from the top brass. FX4 is now a GO Program.... Kudos to Doug S. In retirement Dougie and I are still fast friends.... Oh well...Good luck with your project...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Did you go with the HD leaf pack or the standard?