First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
So the AC plug iny back seat is excessively loose. Like everything falls right out.

Called the dealer and they said they are 1-2 weeks out. Ok no big deal. They say I can't get an appointment I have to leave it there. Ok not ideal but I can live with it, i get a loaner correct? Yeh no.... Cant get a loaner until it is physically in the garage.

What is this crap? I bought it at the dealer 10 months ago. Rodeo Ford in Goodyear AZ by the way. Excellent sales experience, never said that before so I mean it when I say the sales guy was awesome.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - that‘s pretty bad. They are clearly so busy, they don’t need your business - there are a lot of dealers in the valley - I’d start phoning around.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Now I am upset I bought new. No point in a new vehicle really.
My service dept let's me drop it off when the parts get there. I know this cause I dropped off for a driveshaft bearing and 2 days later they called to tell me they got the bearing and I can drop it off ha. I'd shop around.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Thatsy
My service dept let's me drop it off when the parts get there. I know this cause I dropped off for a driveshaft bearing and 2 days later they called to tell me they got the bearing and I can drop it off ha. I'd shop around.
Thats my plan. Just seemed like a really dumb concept. I dont mind a day or two but 7-14 days is dumb.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Thatsy

Thats my plan. Just seemed like a really dumb concept. I dont mind a day or two but 7-14 days is dumb.
I agree, especially for something that doesn't affect drivability. But it's what I have been hearing. 'Can't get to it now, so leave it here for a couple of weeks so we can look at it". Then "We found the problem; it will take 2 - 3 weeks to get the part". I don't understand why we can't just make an appointment for 2 or 3 weeks so they can look at it.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I agree, especially for something that doesn't affect drivability. But it's what I have been hearing. 'Can't get to it now, so leave it here for a couple of weeks so we can look at it". Then "We found the problem; it will take 2 - 3 weeks to get the part". I don't understand why we can't just make an appointment for 2 or 3 weeks so they can look at it.
That was my point. I could care less of it takes a few months to get, I just want to keep using my truck. Which is the most expensive vehicle I have ever had.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So the AC plug iny back seat is excessively loose. Like everything falls right out.

Called the dealer and they said they are 1-2 weeks out. Ok no big deal. They say I can't get an appointment I have to leave it there. Ok not ideal but I can live with it, i get a loaner correct? Yeh no.... Cant get a loaner until it is physically in the garage.

What is this crap? I bought it at the dealer 10 months ago. Rodeo Ford in Goodyear AZ by the way. Excellent sales experience, never said that before so I mean it when I say the sales guy was awesome.

Suggestions?
So the loaner thing is not their fault it is a ford policy. Ford will not allow for you to get a loaner until the problem has been diagnosed by a tech and then sent up to ford reviewed and approved by them

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
So the loaner thing is not their fault it is a ford policy. Ford will not allow for you to get a loaner until the problem has been diagnosed by a tech and then sent up to ford reviewed and approved by them
I get that part now. They have a serious scheduling issue however.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I get that part now. They have a serious scheduling issue however.
Yeah that is also probably not entirely their fault i'd say like 50 50 lol, with how far back ordered things are stuff gets piled up to where service runs out of techs and space, the labor shortage I am sure doesn't help. That being said if they were operating efficiently and intelligently they should at minimum be able to get in and diagnose people and do it sort of in a triage style that way at least the blame can get shifted off of them and things can get moving and started. But I am not a service manager and I don't get the pay of one either lol so ultimately they gotta learn themselves and face the music for what happens too.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah that is also probably not entirely their fault i'd say like 50 50 lol, with how far back ordered things are stuff gets piled up to where service runs out of techs and space, the labor shortage I am sure doesn't help. That being said if they were operating efficiently and intelligently they should at minimum be able to get in and diagnose people and do it sort of in a triage style that way at least the blame can get shifted off of them and things can get moving and started. But I am not a service manager and I don't get the pay of one either lol so ultimately they gotta learn themselves and face the music for what happens too.
And they lost a customer. Not that I ever go in for service but I won't go in for warranty work or recalls. I guess enough people have spare vehicles to drive.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
And they lost a customer. Not that I ever go in for service but I won't go in for warranty work or recalls. I guess enough people have spare vehicles to drive.
When I lived in the west valley, Rodeo Ford was the most convenient dealer for me. But after a terrible experience trying to buy from another Earnhardt dealer, I would never buy from them. I have used their service department several times and never really had an issue with the work they did, but it always seemed like it was too much work on my part to schedule, etc. etc. But I did get loaners from them when the work took longer than a day or two. However, I came to use Sanderson for just about everything even though it was about 3 times farther from the house. Before I moved out of there in June, I needed an appointment at Sanderson and they were offering the next day (at that time at least). They were also very good about following through when parts arrived and getting a new appointment scheduled. You might think about giving them a chance.

I have never had a Ford dealer offer any type of loaner or free rental on the first visit for any problem unless they knew it was going to be in the shop for more than the first day.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Oh gawd, if my Lariat has to go into the shop I'l have to drive my backup. Currently at my grand dad's house....nothing better than communist chinese pickup truck!!!

Chinese-Mini-Electrical-Vehicle-for-Sale.jpeg

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
i don't want to derail the thread, but we keep hearing about the "labor shortage"

where did everyone go?
every industry is crying they have no workers....what are the mechanics doing now? the nurses?
everywhere you turn they are saying we don't have enough employees, yet everyone i know is working at the same job they were at 3 years ago....
Dare I say fake news? Now my account will be closed haha.
Sponsored