OP
Jklein0402

Jklein0402

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger XLT 4X4, 1999 Ford F-250SD 7.3L 6Spd SuperCab Long-Bed, 05 Suzuki bandit 1200s, 16' Suzuki bandit 1250s
Occupation
Water systems. Rv/ Trailer Transport.
Vehicle Showcase
I called Ford and started the lemon buy back. The gal on the phone was super helpful. So we shall see what they decide. Should be simple with how many times it's been back for the same reason. And length of time at dealer. I just want a working truck lol
Internally I want to ghost ride the whip through the showroom lobby. But that won't help lol
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I called Ford and started the lemon buy back. The gal on the phone was super helpful. So we shall see what they decide. Should be simple with how many times it's been back for the same reason. And length of time at dealer. I just want a working truck lol
Sounds like it’s more than past time to move on and get this behind you. I hope it works out.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Yeah get a lawyer, just so you don’t leave money on table and perhaps getting a payout as well. Good luck!!

OP
OP
Jklein0402

Jklein0402

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger XLT 4X4, 1999 Ford F-250SD 7.3L 6Spd SuperCab Long-Bed, 05 Suzuki bandit 1200s, 16' Suzuki bandit 1250s
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see about a lawyer asap. See what they say. They didn't even change the oil.... W T F??

OP
OP
Jklein0402

Jklein0402

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Buyback denied, only first two years 24,00 miles are covered under Oregon's lemon law. I'm still covered under the original powertrain warranty plus I have the 5yr/100,000mi extended coverage. Why is something so simple made into this gigantic unnecessary mess? I mean this issue has spanned 2 years now. I've read of others getting an engine replacement for far less. That's all I have wanted from the start!! Lol wtf? Lmfao ill never understand. They have far more invested in the 2 head gasket replacements, turbo, egr cooler. Than if they just replaced it in the beginning. I mean I got it back every time with the exact same issue as when I brought it in. Exactly-the-same! . Beyond frustrating. Rant over. Have a lawyer looking this over and said I should know more by the end of the week.

Woohoo!

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
If this is all true, and there aren't missing details, then this is insane to me.

I believe you should also be entitled to any vehicle payments made during the 6 month in shop time period. That's over and above the buyback value. Glad you got a lawyer involved. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford denied the buyback as a "step one" where they're basically testing your resolve and seeing if you give up and they save money. The lawyer ought to put an immediate stop to that.

As a means of conducting a war on multiple fronts, others mentioned talking to other Ford dealers. Definitely consider trying to identify the most reputable Ford dealer in your area and call them. Try and explain the situation. See if there's anything they can do to help. If you find a good dealer willing to help, they can start you down a path towards resolution. Maybe they fix your truck! Maybe they don't. But another dealer GM (might need to be the dealer owner) can actually initiate a sort of Ford regional dealership tribunal against the dealer who screwed up your repair so badly. To them, it hurts the brand value that they're all selling when one dealer screws the pooch so badly. I'm not sure what weapons a dealer tribunal might have, but it's an option. The process does seem exhausting for the consumer (you)... depends on how much time you have and how bad you wanna dish out some pain.

Best of luck!