Issues

BrendaK849319

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XTL 4x4
i replaced the bov with a Turbosmart Kompact EM bov and replaced intercooler tubes with one made by aFe. Truck has spells of hard shifting or it’s not sure what gear to be in. Gas mileage is about 22 mpg, according to the truck. Not happy with the hard shifts. I have added a 2 inch leveling kit to the front. Interesting note on that was after installation truck went in for oil change and a front passenger side cv boot was torn, truck was under 5000 miles at the time. I don’t want to mess up my truck. I like my Ranger!

1F61F319-F7F3-4993-8CBD-EB1793174525.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrendaK849319

BrendaK849319

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XTL 4x4
read the TSB thread as there is something related to shifting and others that may be related.
the torn boot could be from a bad install, many threads on that...or from use. it happens when you offroad. its part of the game.
Hadn’t done any off road stuff to tear CV boot. That’s what gets me!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
When you installed the leveling kit, did the front CV joints slip out and have to be reinserted? If so, it is possible that the something snagged on the boot and thus caused it to tear. Another possibility but a very unlikely one is road debris hit the boot and cut it.

As for the transmission hard shifting, when you replaced the BOV and intercooler piping, did you disconnect the battery or flash it with new or recalibrated performance tune? If either of these are true, then it's very likely that the transmission is back in adaptation mode and will sort itself out after you have put 2-300 miles on it. If you have done neither of these, the ECM may also be detecting the changes in boost pressures from the upgraded parts and triggered it into adaptation. If it continues or worsens, you will want to take it in to be looked at.

OP
OP
BrendaK849319

BrendaK849319

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XTL 4x4
When you installed the leveling kit, did the front CV joints slip out and have to be reinserted? If so, it is possible that the something snagged on the boot and thus caused it to tear. Another possibility but a very unlikely one is road debris hit the boot and cut it.

As for the transmission hard shifting, when you replaced the BOV and intercooler piping, did you disconnect the battery or flash it with new or recalibrated performance tune? If either of these are true, then it's very likely that the transmission is back in adaptation mode and will sort itself out after you have put 2-300 miles on it. If you have done neither of these, the ECM may also be detecting the changes in boost pressures from the upgraded parts and triggered it into adaptation. If it continues or worsens, you will want to take it in to be looked at.

OP
OP
BrendaK849319

BrendaK849319

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XTL 4x4
Dealer appointment next week. Checking it out. Even after 58 years of experience I still put the cart before the horse on some of my decisions. Battery not disconnected and nothing tech wise done.
The CV joint may remain a mystery. I’m not happy with the mechanic that replaced the boot. He did not bother cleaning up the grease before new boot was installed. They will be reminded about this big time.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Unfortunately many mechanics these days won't bother to clean the grease slung out from a failed CV boot.
Sponsored