Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Hi all,
I went in for The Works service package this morning for an oil change and tire rotation. When I got back into the truck, the tire pressure screen was displayed with the tires reading 40 psi. The elevation here is around 4000 feet, the door label reads 30 psi, so I had them filled to 32 psi for the elevation difference. Am I way off or do they know something I/we don't?
Happy Thanksgiving!
:turkey:
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Hi all,
I went in for The Works service package this morning for an oil change and tire rotation. When I got back into the truck, the tire pressure screen was displayed with the tires reading 40 psi. The elevation here is around 4000 feet, the door label reads 30 psi, so I had them filled to 32 psi for the elevation difference. Am I way off or do they know something I/we don't?
Happy Thanksgiving!
They screwed up.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Maybe they got confused and thought you just bought the truck since it seems many of us received ours with over inflated tires. Better check the washer fluid too. They might have drained it. :p
Now that's funny cause my truck came with an empty washer fluid tank. Cheap bastards.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They should be at 30 psi. I do like mine at 32 psi cold but they're not the stock tires and I found this is perfect for me.

While you're at it make sure they filled the blinker fluid too. It should be max strength for that elevation. ?

Blinker Fluid.jpg

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Now that's funny cause my truck came with an empty washer fluid tank. Cheap bastards.
I don't think it is necessarily them being cheap. I think it is more bad prep before handing over the keys. Mine also had almost no washer fluid and there have been others here mention the same, just like the over inflated tires.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Have you checked the actual pressure using a reliable gauge? I read the TPMS is close but not always accurate. My dash reads a little higher than my analog gage, about 2psi if I recall.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
They should be at 30 psi. I do like mine at 32 psi cold but they're not the stock tires and I found this is perfect for me.

While you're at it make sure they filled the blinker fluid too. It should be max strength for that elevation. ?

Blinker Fluid.jpg
Where did you find synthetic? We just regular around here

tedvaw

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired Ford Technician
Hi all,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Let the Dealership know, the tech could have a bad gauge OR they are setting everyones pressures too high because of ignorance. Either way the Dealership needs to know so that they can correct the problem.

OP
OP
Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Have you checked the actual pressure using a reliable gauge? I read the TPMS is close but not always accurate. My dash reads a little higher than my analog gauge, about 2psi if I recall.
My gauge read 38psi, still too high, but better gas mileage. :rockon: Locate Chevron 91 octane - $4.19 eek!

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Where did you find synthetic? We just regular around here
You know, I refilled my blinker lenses last year with 75W-90 gear oil and I've never had to refill them. I swear by it.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I always tell the service writer not to adjust tire pressure. That said, I carry a pressure gauge in the glovebox. When you’re in the parking lot, it’s a lot easier to deflate the tires to your desired pressure than it is to put more air in.
Sponsored