First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Meh... It's an opinion piece, and there's a counterargument given right in the article.
Kinda strange, as the 'counterpoint' sounds similar to the push for the completely discredited COVID 'vaccines'(?). Two appointees from the completely discredited Obama Administration too. Obama's 'star achievement'(?) was the promotion of homosexual rights. Imagine that. Now, we are into Obama's 'third term'.....

https://e360.yale.edu/features/the_case_for_ethanol_why_green_critics_are_wrong

As I was answering this thread, my home security panel alarm activated stating my 'remote building had been breeched'. It had not - needs a new sensor battery? System upgraded in recent weeks but that's another story - I could write volumes on the subject.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You can complain all you want, but you're beating a dead horse...the blends are pretty much all you have and nothing is going to change.
Don't look now but non ethanol blends are way more readily available in Canada and northern Europe for the obvious reasons. Engineering realities triumph over politics.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Don't look now but non ethanol blends are way more readily available in Canada and northern Europe for the obvious reasons. Engineering realities triumph over politics.
Dosen't really matter what's available "there". We're here, and we have blend. Few companies still sell un-blended, but cost is prohibitive for everyday use. Be happy you can get all you want, whenever you want.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
Kinda strange, as the 'counterpoint' sounds similar to the push for the completely discredited COVID 'vaccines'(?). Two appointees from the completely discredited Obama Administration too. Obama's 'star achievement'(?) was the promotion of homosexual rights. Imagine that. Now, we are into Obama's 'third term'.....

https://e360.yale.edu/features/the_case_for_ethanol_why_green_critics_are_wrong

As I was answering this thread, my home security panel alarm activated stating my 'remote building had been breeched'. It had not - needs a new sensor battery? System upgraded in recent weeks but that's another story - I could write volumes on the subject.
18ps27.jpg

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Dosen't really matter what's available "there". We're here, and we have blend. Few companies still sell un-blended, but cost is prohibitive for everyday use. Be happy you can get all you want, whenever you want.
I can't disagree with your main points for obvious reasons. Kinda strange we are being offered heavily subsidized 'moonshine - gasoline' blends at a steep discount, while straight gasoline is treated as a 'special fuel' and priced accordingly. Something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.

iu.jpeg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
A BP near me sells ethanol free gas. It's 90 octane an about 30 cents more a gallon than 92/93. I run it in my Harley in Oct since I park it Nov 1st for the winter. I like storing the bike without ethanol in the tank to seperate.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Even though premium is $5.25 here and regular is $4.79, at Costco regular is $4.45 and premium is $4.65. 3 years ago i was getting regular in the high $2s to low $3s.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A BP near me sells ethanol free gas. It's 90 octane an about 30 cents more a gallon than 92/93. I run it in my Harley in Oct since I park it Nov 1st for the winter. I like storing the bike without ethanol in the tank to seperate.
I parked my 2015 Triumph Trophy SE and 2008 Triumph Sprint ST in November, 2018 with full tanks of 90 EO and 93 E0 respectively, after adding a couple of ounces of regular Lucas Fuel Treatment. Plugged in battery tenders and covered them, thinking I would bring them out again in the Spring of 2019. I did uncover them, unplug the tenders and thumbed the starters - both easily started as expected. Unfortunately, my health was declining rapidly and I had no one available I would trust riding them. Plugged the tenders back up and recovered them.

By the time April, 2020 rolled around, there was no doubt I would never ride again. Same drill, checked tire air pressure, thumbed the buttons and both started right up, like I had ridden them yesterday. The Sprint sold within a month and the Trophy sold 6 months later. Still breaks my heart to loose two truly wonderful bikes and lots of gear. Fortunately, they both found excellent homes.

Still hoping I will ride again one day. 50+ year rider here and still maintain my AMA membership.

SDC10071.jpeg

SDC10001.JPG

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
I only have two Top-Tier gas (Mobil stations) in my area...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You can order them online.

Coworker got a bunch of them he sticks all over. He was a bit miffed when I called him a vandal.
Yup seems to be a National problem. They’ll be on the monuments soon. ?
B2BC7C98-7665-41D8-B82E-52AFDC900219.jpeg
Sponsored