Carvana is paying big $$

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I bought my Ranger brand new less than a year ago, have put ~21,000 miles on it, and on KBB it's worth more than I owe. I'd jump at the chance to sell it except then I'd have to go out and buy another vehicle.
Sponsored

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I think I'll wait and see what the June rebates and incentives will bring us, otherwise it makes no sense for me with the last offer I got?......

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well well well. I was just offered $36,000 for 2WD XLT with 5,300 miles.

I owe $31,000.

Easy to be tempted but as stated before;

1. I won't be able to replace my 84 months @ 0% interest

2. Find a replacement where I wouldn't end up losing the $5,000 from mark ups

I don't technically need a vehicle to drive. I only bought this one cause of the COVID deals at the time. However Ive been having too much fun with it.

I guess I could technically recoup a couple of grand more selling all my parts, but not gonna happen.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Just received my highest offer so far, $30,840! But, still waiting to see those June rebates and incentives. Too bad the inventory is so low at the moment...I may just be wasting my time anyway?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's been about 6 weeks since I ran mine and here's the latest. They've upped it $3,100.00 since my last one back on 4/18. Still not enough to be able to replace it without pitching in a chunk of change and losing my 0% financing.

IMG_4182.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've been watching mine and it peaked at almost $37k in early May.

Right now it's at $35,350, which is up from $35,031 a week ago.

Seriously thinking that if it gets into the $36k plus range again I may do it.

I'm in no hurry so I can sit back and wait a while for the market to (hopefully) stabilize.

But of course, now that I really start to think about selling it, several tasks have come up that required my truck.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
All this talk of trade-ins and selling back to dealerships and I'm over here still waiting for a VIN number to be assigned to my order : [

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
All this talk of trade-ins and selling back to dealerships and I'm over here still waiting for a VIN number to be assigned to my order : [
good luck with your new truck, hope you wont be disappointed having visited this forum prior to purchasing with all the bitching and moaning that goes on here.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Please don't take it to mean that we're not happy with our truck as I'm certainly happy with mine.

It's just that offers are being made that are thousands more than the OTD price we paid.

If you would need to buy something else after selling your truck you would probably not achieve much as you would have to overpay for the replacement right now.

But if you can wait until the market returns to normalcy, you can make a tidy profit and bide your time for a Bronco, Ranger Raptor, or whatever suits you.

While I really like my Ranger, if they give me the number I'm holding out for I'll sell it to them since I have something else to drive while waiting for a PHEV Ranger or similar..

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Please don't take it to mean that we're not happy with our truck as I'm certainly happy with mine.

It's just that offers are being made that are thousands more than the OTD price we paid.

If you would need to buy something else after selling your truck you would probably not achieve much as you would have to overpay for the replacement right now.

But if you can wait until the market returns to normalcy, you can make a tidy profit and bide your time for a Bronco, Ranger Raptor, or whatever suits you.

While I really like my Ranger, if they give me the number I'm holding out for I'll sell it to them since I have something else to drive while waiting for a PHEV Ranger or similar..
Well said Doc, totally agree!?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Out of curiosity I ran a Carvana offer. I have a 2020 fully loaded Lariat scab FX4, 900 miles. I paid OTD 41 and some change on a MSRP of 45005. Their offer was $37100. Whew. If it had been more than I paid... well, I still wouldn't have bit, but glad they didn't tempt me.

Last edited:

Calmdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 tri-pearl white
Occupation
IT Technician
Dealers are offering that because they anticipate that the market is going to "jump" in price in the near future for new vehicles, dragging the value of used vehicles up with it.

This is good if you're looking to trade up, and a dealer has an applicable vehicle on the lot.

If, however you're thinking of selling, holding onto the money and picking something up later... you may be paying significantly more even to buy your old used vehicle back.

Reactions: EJH

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Still can't get an offer on my '21 online anywhere. So...taking it over to my local Ford dealer this afternoon to see what they'd offer out of curiosity. If I can walk away with $5,000+, I might just let it go. Been thinking about just driving my fun car for the summer, save up for a larger down payment, then get back in the truck market in the fall/winter when things are hopefully stabilizing, but who really knows. While I don't hate the Ranger by any means, it does leave me still desiring a few features that I went without.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just did it again, highest offer from them yet at $33,573, I paid just over $36,500. Granted, I've put 15k miles on it and about $3,000 if you count the cap, bedliner, etc.

I'm really tempted, especially with a Bronco reservation in the wings.

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
I didn’t do business with carvana, but their online offer helped get me a better trade-in value when I bought my Tremor this week. Credit also goes to the Ford dealer for closely reviewing my trade and seeing that I actually took care of the 7 year old paint. First two dealers I sat down with didn’t even get close.
Sponsored