Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
In the south we have a franchise called Sheetz and most have a touch-less wash...I go for the cheapest $9 wash most expensive $15 and it includes under-body/whole vehicle wash, polish, paint protectant, spotless rinse and blow dry...I don't know what in the formula but it still looks like new...twice a month does the job... ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
In the Midwest, most Kwik Trip C-stores have excellent spray car washes (and doughnuts!). The newer ones have both spray-only and brush in the same bay; just select when you pay. They run $7-$14, on par with most others in the area. I have the reloadable card which is $59.95 for 10 of the $14 washes vs $40/mo for the unlimited $14 washes. We're both retired and don't drive as much as we used to so a wash lasts 3-4 weeks. Either is honored at any Kwik Trip.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dude I had to step back and tell myself, "It is a truck - chill out" cause I would spend hours detailing it when I first got it then didn't want to drive it for a few days cause I put all that work into it. I still use some above newbie cleaning items, but it doesn't get a hybrid ceramic wipe down after every bath anymore.

I will clay bar and re-wax from the front bumper to the front windshield every third bath though since that gets the brunt of of the elements and road debris.
I'm the same exact way about my work guns. Part of my job is firearms instruction. But I can't just clean my duty pistol. I have to detail strip and clean it any time I do that deed. It takes a lot of time, but I get it almost factory new clean! Then I don't want to shoot it. HAHAHAHA

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm the same exact way about my work guns. Part of my job is firearms instruction. But I can't just clean my duty pistol. I have to detail strip and clean it any time I do that deed. It takes a lot of time, but I get it almost factory new clean! Then I don't want to shoot it. HAHAHAHA
"The cabinets in a carpenters house is often falling apart"

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaning my guns is therapy. Even if I don’t shoot them. Get them all to the workbench, couple at a time over the weeks, clean and oil them and log it. (If I remember).Very relaxing to me.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaning my guns is therapy. Even if I don’t shoot them. Get them all to the workbench, couple at a time over the weeks, clean and oil them and log it. (If I remember).Very relaxing to me.
I like it. I like shutting the door to our gun cleaning area and just concentrating on it. Unfortunately, with all we have going on at work, I don't get to go it as much as I'd like!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"I like cleaning guns" ~ gun owners who don't have suppressors. =/
Right! My Daniel Defense gets crappy dirty with the can on it. It's not so bad with my pistol can though.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
HenryMac said:
What color is your Ranger?

My 2002 Tacoma was a sand color.. it always "looked" clean.

My 2019 Ranger is "Magnetic", it always looks dirty. That's why the named the color Magnetic.... every damn thing sticks to it! :rolleyes:

LOL...my experience with Magnetic is completely the opposite... ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
LOL...my experience with Magnetic is completely the opposite... ?
May be a locational thing? I live in an arid climate, we have cactus in our yard and fire restrictions about all year, so we have a lot of dust.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
most of the year my magnetic Ranger is clean looking. when the pollen from the trees & plants let go it looks more green than magnetic.......:mad:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I tend to clean my truck quite a lot by hand. It does get dusty because it sits in a car port. I use a California duster and then spray detail it. It is a very quick way to keep it looking nice.

92C57494-E3B6-4061-AADB-188DD344F4E6.jpeg

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I have no interest in owning a car that is too nice for the touchless drive-through car wash. When the spring rains wash the salt from the roads, usually late April, I take it to the dealer for detail and wax. It gets waxed again when the snow tires go on in November. I get a 25% discount at the car wash for pre-buying at least $80 worth at a time. I haven't washed a car by hand in over 20 years.
Sponsored