levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I installed some 265/70/17s with no mods, and no rubbing that I can tell in everyday use. I haven't put the truck through chassis-twisting trails yet, though. These are Dick Cepek Trail Country EXPs.

zxuzITG.jpg
Hm, my xlt with a 21/2 inch fabtech level kit would not accept Les Schwab back country 265/70/17 Mt's without removing the front beams, the tread would not go past the crash beams and the beams go up inside the cleats of the tire making it impossible to run them, the cleats are 19/32 were as the back country AT's are only 15/32 , so that must be why the Dick Cepek Trail Countries must work; they are AT's right?
I had to go with 245/70/17 Maxxis Big Horn load range D for MT's to work, their tread depth is also 19/32's. It must depend on the style of tire, these big horns also have white letters which I like and the back country MT does not.
I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles and I don't run them hard so MT's are my choice for my Ranger as I like their looks, I also have a Ram 1500 but I have AT's on it.

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hm, my xlt with a 21/2 inch fabtech level kit would not accept Les Schwab back country 265/70/17 Mt's without removing the front beams, the tread would not go past the crash beams and the beams go up inside the cleats of the tire making it impossible to run them, the cleats are 19/32 were as the back country AT's are only 15/32 , so that must be why the Dick Cepek Trail Countries must work; they are AT's right?

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg
Geometries change once a lift is introduced - my truck runs the stock FX4 suspension. These tires are described by D/C as a hybrid between an A/T and an M/T, with a calculated circumference of 31.9", and tread depth of 18.5/32... not so different from your 19/32 tread-depth M/Ts. These tires are relatively quiet due to the closely-spaced center blocks, but retain aggressive shoulder blocks for trail-running and grip.

Scroll down the page pulled up by the following link to view the tire's specs, by wheel diameter.
https://www.dickcepek.com/tires/trail-country-exp/

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Geometries change once a lift is introduced - my truck runs the stock FX4 suspension. These tires are described by D/C as a hybrid between an A/T and an M/T, with a calculated circumference of 31.9", and tread depth of 18.5/32... not so different from your 19/32 tread-depth M/Ts. These tires are relatively quiet due to the closely-spaced center blocks, but retain aggressive shoulder blocks for trail-running and grip.

Scroll down the page pulled up by the following link to view the tire's specs, by wheel diameter.
https://www.dickcepek.com/tires/trail-country-exp/
I had to go with 245/70/17 Maxxis Big Horn load range D for MT's to work, their tread depth is also 19/32's. It must depend on the style of tire, these big horns also have white letters which I like and the back country MT does not.
I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles and I don't run them hard so MT's are my choice for my Ranger as I like their looks, I also have a Ram 1500 but I have AT's on it.

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg
Wondering if the difference between your two trucks is more this. Pathung you appear to be using stock rims, where Levimac has aftermarket. What offset are yours Levimac, bet the offset comes into to play causing to get closer to the crash bars, could that be the case?

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if the difference between your two trucks is more this. Pathung you appear to be using stock rims, where Levimac has aftermarket. What offset are yours Levimac, bet the offset comes into to play causing to get closer to the crash bars, could that be the case?

Ding ding ding.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
More than likely that's the issue. I'm running the 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with the RC 2.5" level kit and stock sport rims and have zero rubbing issues with close to 3000 miles on them.

IMG_1405.jpg

Thawk21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
I've been looking through this thread and it seems like 265 70 17 is the biggest tire on stock rims and stock height. Is this only for Fx4 or does this include non Fx4 models?

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking through this thread and it seems like 265 70 17 is the biggest tire on stock rims and stock height. Is this only for Fx4 or does this include non Fx4 models?
255/75 r17 fits stock wheels and suspension with crash bars in place. It’s about .5 inch larger diameter than 265/70 r 17 tires.

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg
Hi Levimac. For reference could you post what your offset was on your wheels. Just trying to figure out tire and wheel combo that are ideal for our trucks.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Rangerado, with your tires tread width being smaller, on the road how is the ride with the skinnier width compared to stock?
I've wondered about that, too, skinnier vs. fatter tires, in both ride and handling.

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rangerado, with your tires tread width being smaller, on the road how is the ride with the skinnier width compared to stock?
I've wondered about that, too, skinnier vs. fatter tires, in both ride and handling.
255 is a section width, not a tread width, it's 10mm narrower in the widest part of the tire than 265 section width tires. the tread of any given 255 section width tire varies depend on the tire design. These GY Duratracs have a 7.5 wide inch tread. BFG TAKO2 of the same size (255/75 R17) have a 8.1 inch wide tread. This is not what you notice.

Notably: The extra diameter slows acceleration somewhat, and depending on the tire, your results will vary. I chose an SL (standard load) tire that weighs only 40 lbs even though it's 32" in diameter.

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
265/70 R17s BFG KO2s on Raptor wheels with zero mods and no issues. If anybody is worried about that size fitting, KO2s are a good option because they run a little small.

IMG_20191215_145743.jpg
Looks Stellar! I was contemplating those rims on my stock truck as well with 265/70 but was worried about the extra rim width. Thanks for confirming!

Is your load C or E KO2s? Also where did you order your raptor wheels from?