First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
No lift, no mods. There is still about 1/2 inch clearance to front crash bar at full lock. No change in the small amount of clearance from the tire and the upright.
Given there's ~1/2 inch clearance, do you think a 275 tire at 10.8" wide vs. 10.4" for the 265 would fit without contact?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Given there's ~1/2 inch clearance, do you think a 275 tire at 10.8" wide vs. 10.4" for the 265 would fit without contact?
I originally wanted the 275/65R17 and the tire store was willing to test fit them for me, but the BFG in that size is on back order until June. So i went with the 265/70R 17 and I am glad I did. You can't fit your little finger between the inside of the tire and the upright. Without changing the wheel offset or adding a spacer that 275 is going to be really close. A test fit would be in order.

rdm3671

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I originally wanted the 275/65R17 and the tire store was willing to test fit them for me, but the BFG in that size is on back order until June. So i went with the 265/70R 17 and I am glad I did. You can't fit your little finger between the inside of the tire and the upright. Without changing the wheel offset or adding a spacer that 275 is going to be really close. A test fit would be in order.
I know some donā€™t care for it, but I love the raised white letters.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Iā€™m on the fence. I went out and drove the Apache Trail today. Not really off reading but we start slowly with new trucks.

Anyway, those hankooks that came with the truck really liked to break loose and slide around a lot.

Costco has 70 off a set of 4 BFGs. Really leaning towards them now.

rdm3671

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Iā€™m on the fence. I went out and drove the Apache Trail today. Not really off reading but we start slowly with new trucks.

Anyway, those hankooks that came with the truck really liked to break loose and slide around a lot.

Big fan of the BFGā€™s. Day 1 upgrade when my vehicle arrives.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Big fan of the BFGā€™s. Day 1 upgrade when my vehicle arrives.
Ordered from Costco online today. They are adding in $0.01 install per tire today only. Couldnā€™t pass them up.

Went with 265/70 17. 826 and change installed. Just have to wait 5-10 days for delivery.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II

Yes got stuck in wet grass in the back yard?? Had to use 4wd. Going to order 265/65r/18s in BFG ko's. As for 17 inch spare if you don't drive for days or hundreds of miles you should be OK.

Last edited:

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I was also looking @ that tire size, 255/75/17. And wondering if that tire will work without doing a lift. If someone is using this size tire without doing a lift and on stock rims, please let us know if that works, having clearance on height & width. Thanks.

MadMartigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I went with the 265/70/17 KO2 deal from costo also. I've heard a few people say they fit so hopefully that's the case

Dennis Harvey

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hello all. So...what is the verdict on 255/75R17s on stock wheels, with or without a 2.5" leveling kit? I see it mentioned a couple of times in this thread but no details yet. New Ranger owner here and I'm planning to run this tire size with a 2.5" leveling kit up front. Thanks!

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
Hello all. So...what is the verdict on 255/75R17s on stock wheels, with or without a 2.5" leveling kit? I see it mentioned a couple of times in this thread but no details yet. New Ranger owner here and I'm planning to run this tire size with a 2.5" leveling kit up front. Thanks!
Theoretically this should work with no lift becauses these are significantly narrower than the 265s, almost a half inch in total, so no worries on the spindle and it may keep the tires far enough away from the crash bars, but I haven't taken delivery yet so take my advice with a grain of salt. Hopefully I can find a local 4x4 shop when I get mine to help test fit a few sizes. I'm in the skinny and tall camp so I am curious if 255/75s or 255/80s will fit

Dennis Harvey

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Theoretically this should work with no lift becauses these are significantly narrower than the 265s, almost a half inch in total, so no worries on the spindle and it may keep the tires far enough away from the crash bars, but I haven't taken delivery yet so take my advice with a grain of salt. Hopefully I can find a local 4x4 shop when I get mine to help test fit a few sizes. I'm in the skinny and tall camp so I am curious if 255/75s or 255/80s will fit
Thanks! Please follow up as you learn more and I'll be sure do the same.

Dennis Harvey

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just got this reply after I asked about ā€˜minor trimming requiredā€™ and fitment of 255/75R17 tires with a 2.5ā€ leveling kit....

Normally "Minor Trimming" pertains to some plastics on the fender liner and the plastic valance on the front bumper. You might have to trim more since you'd like to run a 255/75-17. You're about .5" over on diameter, just so you're aware.

I assume they mean more trimming of liner and valance. Iā€™m not looking to mess with the crash bars or anything quite yet so Iā€™m going to hold off until somebody posts a definite yes or no on the tire size.