Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't do off-road so my replacement tire for the stock Bridgestones (which wore out at about 25000 miles) is the Continental TerrainContact at 265/70/17 (one size larger than stock).
I was looking for a quiet street tire, and that is what I got. I have had no traction issues, but then again I tend to drive like the old man that I am and don't horse the truck around much. So far I like them pretty well.
Continental TerrainContact H/T is my go to tire. Oh my second go to tire would be the Continental TerrainContact A/T. I put the Continental Cross Tracks on my wife's Honda's. They are the best Road gripping tires especially on wet roads and they come with a 70,000 mile warranty. The A/T has a 60K warrantyYou can't go wrong. They've got a 60 day moneyback guarantee. Those Bridgestones that come with the truck suck so bad! At 35 miles an hour when I kicked in the turbo I could hear the tire spin with the Bridgestone tires. They don't do that with those Continentals. Discount Tire store gave me $30 trade-in for each tire.
Tires Plus said they are owned by Bridgestone and they wouldn't give me anything for my Bridgestone tires. They only had 6000 miles on them. I like dealing with discount tire even though they falsely use the name Discount just like the foreigners that open up discount beverage stores. There's nothing discount about them. I guess Americans think they get a good deal in anything that's called Discount. I maybe that's why my wife advertised herself as a discount babe. I would've saved a lot of money over the years if I would've just paid for one as I needed her.
1631818105872.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Continental TerrainContact H/T is my go to tire. Oh my second go to tire would be the Continental TerrainContact A/T. I put the Continental Cross Tracks on my wife's Honda's. They are the best Road gripping tires especially on wet roads and they come with a 70,000 mile warranty. You can't go wrong. They've got a 60 day moneyback guarantee. There's bridge stones that come with the truck suck1 so bad! Discount Tire store gave me $30 trade-in for each tire.
Tires Plus said they are owned by Bridgestone and they wouldn't give me anything for my Bridgestone tires. They only had 6000 miles on them. I like dealing with discount tire even though they falsely use the name Discount just like the foreigners that open up discount beverage stores. There's nothing discount about them. I guess Americans think they get a good deal in anything that's called Discount. I maybe that's why my wife advertised herself as a discount babe. I would've saved a lot of money over the years if I would've just paid for one as I needed her.
1631818105872.png
Appreciate the good read and laugh Nick :crackup:. Will look into Cross Tracks in the further future. I 100% agree discount tire is not discount, but their customer service is top notch.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the good read and laugh Nick :crackup:. Will look into Cross Tracks in the further future. I 100% agree discount tire is not discount, but their customer service is top notch.
Check my edit and good luck to you!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They don't make the cross track in our size. The only thing they make in our size is the terrain contact. They make them in the 255s but they've had production issues so I went with the 265s.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Quick question boss. 0-60 times with this and drag times? I think it was 13.99 1/4 mile? with just a deleted muffler right, no tune? I think you mentioned your 0-60 but forgot. I have never launched with extra RPMS, just from standstill. Man, I want to try it.

I second your 25 lbs, I remember asking you and when I tried it, it was excellent. Not for everyday driving due to safety... But man did I love the grip on 25 pounds.
Stock with Muffler Delete, 93 octane unleashed tune.
Faster now lowered with muffler and resonator delete.
(and Drag Radials when I’m not lazy)

8A48E8F3-6511-45D3-9315-1B30A0475302.jpeg

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys think about this kind of treading? It looks pretty decent...
1631812825799.png
I've previously been looking into these as potential replacements for the stock Bridgestone Dueler HT's.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
And you can find these tires in 17/18 wheels? That's the problem I am having, can't find any places that have our truck sizes in stock. These look really really nice, and exactly what I am looking for, for a street tire. I have not lifted my truck, just off-road tires. Going to switch between the off-road tires when little trips come up and street tires 95% of the time.
Of course.

But, being a performance tire it won't have the sidewall required to keep the same outside diameter.

The truck would surely need to be lowered to keep it from looking silly.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....ireModel=Azenis+RT615K+&partnum=145WR6RT615KP

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Damn, these look good too.
1631813085847.png
I have been looking to but those tires in 255/60 R20 and they are currently backordered. That is the problem that I am running into. Finding a tire with the sportier on-road performance and looks that I want has been frustrating. Seems the chinavirus has production screwed up all around the world.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

Looking at street tires… and there really isn’t much for 18in wheels. Does that change for 17 in wheels? Really the best option might be the hankooks or duelers? Just want a pair of tires I can run really hard on road and a pair for off-road. Noticed if there is a slight road imperfection like a slight crack or bump the off road tires will lose slight traction at turns going 60+. Not the best feeling I would like… I get it, “don’t take the turn as fast” but the hankooks actually didn’t have problems on-road probably because they don’t have those deep grooves or as many. The falkens are amazing off-road though, just can’t push them to a fast on road speed for turns.. straightaway, it’s fine hitting limiter.

Maybe looking to purchase a wheel/tire combo for 17 and 18 in wheels..
@Doc what do you use for tires with your time on the strip?

Warm regards,
Brandon
I changed the stock-Hankooks for stock-sized Falkens and am very happy with them as street tires. But then, I slow down when I turn....

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
What do you guys think about this kind of treading? It looks pretty decent...
1631812825799.png
I just bought a set of these new Michelin CrossClimate 2 for a Honda CR-V that my college-student daughter is driving. The primary reason for this choice is that it is a four-season tire. They are louder on pavement than the Michelin all-season touring tires that they replaced, and the steering feedback is diminished. I don’t think this is a great choice for an area with no snow. You would lose a lot of comfort and handling for no benefit.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I have been looking to but those tires in 255/60 R20 and they are currently backordered. That is the problem that I am running into. Finding a tire with the sportier on-road performance and looks that I want has been frustrating. Seems the chinavirus has production screwed up all around the world.
If you get a chance to end up getting a set of 4, let me know how you like it!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I just bought a set of these new Michelin CrossClimate 2 for a Honda CR-V that my college-student daughter is driving. The primary reason for this choice is that it is a four-season tire. They are louder on pavement than the Michelin all-season touring tires that they replaced, and the steering feedback is diminished. I don’t think this is a great choice for an area with no snow. You would lose a lot of comfort and handling for no benefit.
Appreciate that insight Mike. Crossing this off the list and looking into Michelin all season instead for the future.

Reactions: Doc

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
check out Tire Rack, look up your ranger and look at category touring, Highway All Season.
Plenty of reading and opinions on Tire Rack.
watch the video on many tires. I have always wanted to try to the Kumo crugen but don't put any miles on my trucks anymore where I need tires.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I changed the stock-Hankooks for stock-sized Falkens and am very happy with them as street tires. But then, I slow down when I turn....
Haha Marc, I love the Falken WildPeaks. They just don’t match up with like 5% of my driving style on road and I don’t see an off-road trip for a couple months. Rather not beat up the nice Falkens.
Sponsored