John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I use both the ones you buy at Costco and the 303 Microfiber towels. The 303 ones are very thick and very soft so these are great for using Speed Detailers/ Graphene Detailer. I like the Costco ones for applying spray waxes as they're a little thinner and easier to hold and buff with. Also a thinner towel is easier to use on the interior like the dashboard and around the steering column.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-ultra-plush-microfiber-towels/
Exactly what my detailer recommended and what I have at home too.

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Chemical Guys woolly mammoth for exterior drying - they're insane. I can basically dry my entire truck with one. Costco pack of the yellow microfibers for all of my interior detailing/wipe down needs.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I will say you love 303 and Pan ??. Pans cool for a Canadian ?????. Just kidding my northern friends.

On all seriousness he really does know what he’s talking about.
? Don't tell anyone but I have a microfiber towel fetish. lol?

Yeah Pan has some really good videos but they do get a little dragged out sometimes. I like the way he goes into detail when do his "how to" videos. They're very helpful for beginners especially the buffing and polishing ones.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
? Don't tell anyone but I have a microfiber towel fetish. lol?

Yeah Pan has some really good videos but they do get a little dragged out sometimes. I like the way he goes into detail when do his "how to" videos. They're very helpful for beginners especially the buffing and polishing ones.
Poor child, I think you have as many fetishes as you do dampers :giggle:

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Guys? Do I have too much money? I would rather use brand new towels on the painted surfaces, then throw them away or otherwise repurpose them to non paint related jobs. Washing them and keeping the dirty ones separate from the waxy ones just seems like a hassle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guys? Do I have too much money? I would rather use brand new towels on the painted surfaces, then throw them away or otherwise repurpose them to non paint related jobs. Washing them and keeping the dirty ones separate from the waxy ones just seems like a hassle.
We all know you're loaded Jim. ? What I do is show them into an empty 5 gal bucket (after they're dry) and when I have enough I'll do a load in the washer with them. No different than doing your regular house towels. Unless you're so rich you throw those away after each use too??

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I get them at Costco. I went on a Costco jag a while back and bought so many, I may never have to buy micro-fiber towels ever again. :0

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Personally my combo is as below:
  • rag company Pluffle for buffing after a wash and dry or using a quick detailer
  • Rag company gauntlet drying towel for drying
  • Costco towels for interior
  • Unfortunately my preferred wax/polish removal towel is no more but I’d recommend anything low pile
  • Wash mitt, I have a few but prefer microfiber madness incredimitt (or any of the variations)
Sponsored