TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hi Guys-

I just wanted to see what microfiber towel you guys all like to use? Certain brand? Cheap one from a place maybe not all of us know about???? bundles and throw away one?

Thanks Guy’s ??
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I use both the ones you buy at Costco and the 303 Microfiber towels. The 303 ones are very thick and very soft so these are great for using Speed Detailers/ Graphene Detailer. I like the Costco ones for applying spray waxes as they're a little thinner and easier to hold and buff with. Also a thinner towel is easier to use on the interior like the dashboard and around the steering column.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-ultra-plush-microfiber-towels/

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
Depends on what you are doing with them. I use different ones depending on the application. For interior and any non paint exterior I use a normal micro fiber (rag company, turtle wax, armor all, Costco) for fine detailing I use Adam’s borderless (link below). I use waffles for my windows. For dry I use chemical guys Wollymammoth

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5RD9KM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XQ76QKX53445SKBJ8C84

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Thanks.

I seriously didn't know what you meant.

But I'm a Neaderthal compared to some of you guys. My vehicles get washed via brushless automatic or pay & spray once every week or two, vacuumed and an interior wipe every other wash, a yearly wax, and a claybar every 5 or 6 years. I could very easily find myself geeking out on detailing, so I choose to say "good enough."

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Chemical bros
These are fairly good - a lot of manufs relabel this exact towel. The Costco towels USED to be the best choice for quality/cost, but last year i went to pick up some more and they are THIN and just not worth it.

Detailing is my side hustle. I use Rag company and Detailed Image (DI) towels, which both places run good quarterly sales.

Quality towels make the difference; treat them well. Wash separately in a dedicated MF wash (Malco, rags2riches) or a free-all detergent.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks.

I seriously didn't know what you meant.

But I'm a Neaderthal compared to some of you guys. My vehicles get washed via brushless automatic or pay & spray once every week or two, vacuumed and an interior wipe every other wash, a yearly wax, and a claybar every 5 or 6 years. I could very easily find myself geeking out on detailing, so I choose to say "good enough."
I wish I could be like that at times. I'm so darn OCD that I can't let things go and find myself spending hours detailing my vehicles. Luckily I enjoy doing it but it's hard when the temps are over 100 and your trucks a mess. :crazy:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These are fairly good - a lot of manufs relabel this exact towel. The Costco towels USED to be the best choice for quality/cost, but last year i went to pick up some more and they are THIN and just not worth it.

Detailing is my side hustle. I use Rag company and Detailed Image (DI) towels, which both places run good quarterly sales.

Quality towels make the difference; treat them well. Wash separately in a dedicated MF wash (Malco, rags2riches) or a free-all detergent.
That's to bad that the Costco ones are thinner now. I bought a couple bags years ago and still working with them. Yes, the Rag company is a great site to but detailing stuff from. Also great point on washing them separately.