Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I use Dualpolymer's Tire and Trim cleaner. You can get a high shine with it if you mist a light coat after cleaning the tire and rim initially with it, but I like the non-glossy finish by just using it to clean and protect the tire. Works great on plastic trim, running boards, etc.

TireCleaner.jpg
I use Trim Shine. It's intended for trim and interior but I like the satin finish...really hate the Jerry Curl dripping wet look:facepalm::puke:
@SRAces tires look great (perfect, actually), black, and not shiny!

When I see glossy tires, I think, "what's the point of that?" Were tires glossy like that when they came from the tire factory, or when installed by Ford? Nope. Nine times out of ten, when the tires are glossy, there's crap on the wheels. If you can cook an egg on a hot wheel, then what can only happen if a chemical-based tire cleaner/protector gets sprayed on there? Tires are relatively cheap and temporary; wheels are expensive and long-term. Runoff from glossy tires can't be a good thing for wheels either.

Black (or "satin", as referred to by @Msfitoy ) tires look great. Given two identically prepped show cars (think 1970 Boss 429 Mustangs :sunglasses:), one with black satin tires and the other with glossy tires, the black satin vehicle will get the judges nod every time.

I never spray product on a tire. I always spray on a damp applicator (like a household sponge) and carefully "trace" around the outside of the rim first to prevent product getting on the wheel. The downside of sponges is that they tend to disintegrate with age.

For the last 6 or 7 years, I've been working my way through a bottle of Eagle One gel. That bottle is almost empty, so I'll be looking for something to replace it fairly soon (probably a Meguiars product). I believe the gels last longer on the tire, but you have to be careful not to leave any large blobs that might sling onto the paint.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It appears that good old fashioned soap and water and elbow grease is the best. The other stuff is for quicky easy impress somebody junk. Male dogs love shiny tires. :sunglasses:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Let's try this again...fresh Trimshine:)
HQi4IHx.jpg

6S8ben0.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Old Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger XLT 4X4
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on all rubber, vinyl, plastic including tires after washing. I don't like a glossy look either so this works for me.
I just purchased the 303. How often to you apply this to the trim? I've never used this before. But, living in south Florida you need to stay on top of waxing, etc.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I just purchased the 303. How often to you apply this to the trim? I've never used this before. But, living in south Florida you need to stay on top of waxing, etc.
I just apply it with a damp rag to black plastic trim, rubber molding and tires after washing my vehicles. I do skip it some times if I'm in a hurry but it seems to last a while.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at 303 the other day on Amazon but since I'm a Griot's Garage fan, I pulled the trigger on their rubber and vinyl dressing product.
Since taking delivery I'm noticing the top of the dash looking dull.
So I gave it a go on all the hard surfaces with a applicator sponge and buffed it in with a micro fiber. Left with a nice matte finish with no greasy feel whatsoever. Very pleased

Peterzo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 3.5 lift
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The ole fail safe, and cheap, Mop and Glow
Does not attract dirt or dust.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Stoners Tire works well. A lot like No Touch.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
part of my lowly duties as a teen was detailing the finished cars before customers came in. the spray on tire shine stuff was great but always left the wheels messy so back to cleaning id go. one day i decided smarter not harder. took a pizza box from an xl pizza and cut out a circle about 16 inches in diameter. then super glued a small wood block to it in the center. im sure you see where this is going lol. hold pizza box over the rim with one hand then spray the tire with the slick shiny stuff. stops all the ugly greasy stuff on the rims and stopped me having to clean the wheels again.
i use westleys bleach white on white letters and walls and then untouchable shine tire spray. its like spray chicken grease :crackup:
Sponsored