JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Tod. Looks good. It looks like yours from what I can see has an AVS sticker on it like others I have seen. Mine did not have a sticker but it has the AVS engraved. Yes the tool is a must.
And those tools work great when replacing any bulbs to LED. Helps pry and pop covers off.
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I really didnt look close at it....but i think it is more of a stick on emblem than a sticker. I will look closer tomorrow.

I got the tool at the local autozone for like 9 bucks. Called a door panel remover. Green handle.

The shield is the AVS bugdeflecter II.
its not metallic, so I would classify it as a "puffy sticker". Looks like a metal emblem, but is not.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Congrats on getting your truck. You probably saw my Saber Lariat when you picked yours up. I was on a fishing trip when Russell texted me that they had been delivered. Will be picking it up tomorrow after work.
So you again the other day - are those Ford letters on the tailgate? I have the Ford black chrome that are a little more subtle than I expected depending on the light. I got some TVD letters for the front grill top as the chrome looks so washed out with nothing in the letters. Getting them put on and some vinyl door sill protectors made from a carbon fiber print made by Jason at Underground Graphics.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
So you again the other day - are those Ford letters on the tailgate? I have the Ford black chrome that are a little more subtle than I expected depending on the light. I got some TVD letters for the front grill top as the chrome looks so washed out with nothing in the letters. Getting them put on and some vinyl door sill protectors made from a carbon fiber print made by Jason at Underground Graphics.
They are the vinyl ones from TVD. I also got copper ones for my magnetic grille. Everybody thinks both look good on the truck. Both sets went on fairly easily. Hardest letter to install was the E. Still waiting to hear from Ford on my warranty paint claim for a spot on the bed floor. Until that is settled can't install my bedliner or tonneau :frown:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got thru installing it. Pretty straight forward and easy. I took my time and was done in about an hour.

20190814_185743.jpg

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just got thru installing it. Pretty straight forward and easy. I took my time and was done in about an hour.

20190814_185743.jpg
Is that the Ford one? It looks like it follows the contour of the hood pretty well, unlike the AVS that goes straight across the middle of the hood. How is it doing with keeping the bugs off the windshield without the lip of the AVS?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that the Ford one? It looks like it follows the contour of the hood pretty well, unlike the AVS that goes straight across the middle of the hood. How is it doing with keeping the bugs off the windshield without the lip of the AVS?
Yes it is the Ford one, from the Ford accessory site (link: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12146.html ). I took the truck on a 3hr road trip from the Seattle area to Eastern WA (first trip in it) the day after I installed it. Went over two mountain passes and some high desert driving...seems to work pretty well. I didn't notice the usual barrage of insects on the hood/windshield like we get with our Acura MDX. Unfortunately I have nothing else to compare it to (first truck) but it seems to do its job of deflecting bugs and small rocks. Perhaps the AVS would fare even better with the lip but I wouldn't know.

I do prefer it's looks over the AVS one and like how it contours to the hoods line and doesn't have an "aftermarket" look to it.