AVS Bug Deflector (photo)

Rickster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Machinist/Tool Maker/CNC programmer
It seems AVS is having (and is still having) some unresolved issues with the in-channel (door window) vent shades for the 2019 Ranger. I cannot find any, and I really, really want to acquire some!
Sponsored

Hannah

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 ranger
Ive installed tue A V S II shield, lpoks great and easy install. This is yue first vehicle ive rver put a big shield on. My wuestion is. Has anyone had any issues with bug shield foing throigh carwashs?

Hannah

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 ranger
gezz that was horrible typing,, lol....What I'm asking is has anyone had issues with their shield when going through a carwash?

Rickster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Machinist/Tool Maker/CNC programmer
gezz that was horrible typing,, lol....What I'm asking is has anyone had issues with their shield when going through a carwash?
I have one, but unfortunately I haven't installed it yet. I think the type of carwash you are referring to here, is the same type that I normally use - cylindrical rotating and spinning fabric wheels. I can say that the AVS bug shield that was installed on my previous vehicle (2007 Sport Trac), never gave me any problems - in or out of a carwash.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I have one, but unfortunately I haven't installed it yet. I think the type of carwash you are referring to here, is the same type that I normally use - cylindrical rotating and spinning fabric wheels. I can say that the AVS bug shield that was installed on my previous vehicle (2007 Sport Trac), never gave me any problems - in or out of a carwash.
No issue with the rainforest carwash here but I have to run a quick rag between the hood and the bugflector afterwords.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Easy install. Don't have to remove all the plugs holding rubber liner in. MAIN KEY....place a blanket over your engine. Will save you hours of headaches trying to fish out plastic/metal bolts from the engine.

Thanks for everyone's posts.. This site is a great resource

2265D8FE-788F-4CDF-8E58-0699B919EA14.jpeg

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Easy install. Don't have to remove all the plugs holding rubber liner in. MAIN KEY....place a blanket over your engine. Will save you hours of headaches trying to fish out plastic/metal bolts from the engine.

Can you send the link to that bug shield?

Tony Giordano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

Is that AVS sticker/emblem removable?

Tyler Knutson

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
1B3985B6-C1C3-4569-BC67-3600946A5539.png
Uh it ain’t got the lip ,. But it looks better than the avs,.. oem bug shield looks like a custom not a generic ,, I like it .... on my 2011 I had a avs on it and on that truck it looked good ,, but 2019 .. oem,. Just not aeroskin .. that one looks like shit
Have you had any issues with your oem bug deflector? Mine makes a super high pitch whistling sound when driving 60mph+

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
First time installing a bug deflector on any vehicle. AVS bug II very easy to install and looks good on the truck. Hardest part was removing the plastic pins but with trim removal tools it was not bad. TIP: insert removal tool under the pin put thumb over the pin while rocking the tool. This kept me from dropping any pins. Took 30 minutes total to install.

NOTE: The raised AVS sticker on the deflector can be removed. Mine fell off when wiping down the shield after install.
Sponsored