Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested, this is the AVS Bug Deflector. The OEM one does not have a lip to send bugs and crap over the roof. The AVS has a lip to direct stuff over the hood.I know a lot of people won't consider a bug deflector due to aesthetics. I have installed one on every truck and/or SUV I owned. When you see crap and bugs being lifted over the cab it becomes valuable.
unnamed14.jpg

unnamed (6).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested, this is the AVS Bug Deflector. The OEM one does not have a lip to send bugs and crap over the roof. The AVS has a lip to direct stuff over the hood.I know a lot of people won't consider a bug deflector due to aesthetics. I have installed one on every truck and/or SUV I owned.
unnamed14.jpg

unnamed (6).jpg
Looks good...it is a necessity!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested, this is the AVS Bug Deflector. The OEM one does not have a lip to send bugs and crap over the roof. The AVS has a lip to direct stuff over the hood.I know a lot of people won't consider a bug deflector due to aesthetics. I have installed one on every truck and/or SUV I owned.
unnamed14.jpg

unnamed (6).jpg
I ordered one from @PandaMotorworks on the 25th

AVS Aeroskin Shield - Smoke
AVS® - In-Channel Ventvisor™ Smoke Window Deflectors

But haven't shipped yet.

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
I ordered one from @PandaMotorworks on the 25th

AVS Aeroskin Shield - Smoke
AVS® - In-Channel Ventvisor™ Smoke Window Deflectors

But haven't shipped yet.
Slated to ship tomorrow from AVS

AVS had a small defect a week ago and they recalled the in channel visors but have new ones they are packing today!

Thank you for your order and supporting us!

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just a word here. I did NOT use the clip pins that came with the AVS Install kit. I had to buy some 14G 1/2" Sheet metal screws. They want to replace a crapload of clips holding the hood gasket. I improvised with sheet metal screws. I don't know why they didn't use the square cutouts like all the AVS bug deflectors I purchased before..The existing trim pins are a PIA.

EDIT: I reinstalled correctly using the AVS hardware A royal PIA

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just a word here. I did NOT use the clip pins that came with the AVS Install kit. I had to buy some 14G 1/2" Sheet metal screws. They want to replace a crapload of clips holding the hood gasket. I improvised with sheet metal screws. I don't know why they didn't use the square cutouts like all the AVS bug deflectors I purchased before..The existing trim pins are a PIA.
Could you take some pics under the hood at your mount points?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used four sheet metal screws. That's all I had on hand. I will put a few more in after my next trip to Lowes

Should take about six. 1/2" 14 gauge, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ips-Sheet-Metal-Screw-8-Pack-806651/204596414

That all said if you keep the seal outside the mounting points the pins that came with may work. I was worried about the screw coming through the hood. But 1/2" screw clears it.

Check your hood latch before installing. I had to go to Ford to adjust it as it would not close easily without the AVS!!

unnamed (12).jpg

unnamed (13).jpg

unnamed (14).jpg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I used four sheet metal screws.

I am going to get more when I go to Lowes next. Should take about six. 1/2" 14 gauge, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ips-Sheet-Metal-Screw-8-Pack-806651/204596414

That all said if you keep the seal outside the mounting points the pins that came with may work. I was worried about the screw coming through the holes. But 1/2" screw clears it.

Check your hood latch before installing. I had to go to Ford to adjust it as it would not close easily without the AVS!!

unnamed (12).jpg

unnamed (13).jpg

unnamed (14).jpg
Thanks

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
unnamed14.jpg

unnamed (6).jpg
i'm looking at the AVS and the Weathertech and they are IMO exactly the same right down to the very similar installation instructions. Weathertech is $10 cheaper, but can't tell if it has the lip or not. I think I'd go for a more traditional one that is not essentially glued to the hood.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I had to buy 1/2 sheet metal screws Only used four. VS pulling all of the hood pins and trying to get the new ones in with the weather stripping......NOPE, I went for less messing with the pins to installing with four screws. The AVS has the lip. the Ford one is useless except for those who value aesthetics over function.

I looked at the weather Tech bug deflector. Looks more like the Ford stock one. I don't see a lip. AVS is my goto for bug deflectors. Clearly, you can see the lip head on.

WeatherTech is ok but much of it overpriced. This one is only representative and not the actual photo of the exact deflector. Go with AVS
https://www.weathertech.com/stone-and-bug-deflector/
I guess I learned that there is a difference in a protector and a deflector. Not going to tape/glue anything down on my hood. The deflector I have on my 98 Ranger has really done the trick over all these years. I ordered a Magnetic so whatever I get should blend right in. Since I just ordered this week i have some time to figure out.

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
1B3985B6-C1C3-4569-BC67-3600946A5539.png
Uh it ain’t got the lip ,. But it looks better than the avs,.. oem bug shield looks like a custom not a generic ,, I like it .... on my 2011 I had a avs on it and on that truck it looked good ,, but 2019 .. oem,. Just not aeroskin .. that one looks like shit

endeavour4th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Escape, 2019 Ford Ranger XL
I used four sheet metal screws. That's all I had on hand. I will put a few more in after my next trip to Lowes

Should take about six. 1/2" 14 gauge, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ips-Sheet-Metal-Screw-8-Pack-806651/204596414

That all said if you keep the seal outside the mounting points the pins that came with may work. I was worried about the screw coming through the hood. But 1/2" screw clears it.

unnamed (12).jpg

unnamed (13).jpg

unnamed (14).jpg
Thanks for the pictures it is helping me to plan my installation. I ordered the AVS Bugflector II (25954) full height from Rockauto out the door for $62.83. I have a 2019 XL Ranger. I don't think I want the attachment points (tabs/screws) on top of the hood gasket as it appears to be in your photos. I was thinking tabs should be under the gasket.

endeavour4th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Escape, 2019 Ford Ranger XL
YEah, You are right. Remove and reinstall. I miss read the installation instructions good enough, I have to move the seal to the outside, and I will need pins to reinstall the seal and Deflector.
Got my Bugflector today.....the box was big & clumsy the mail man would not put it in his vehicle I had to go get it....lol. Looking it over it looks like it will work out. I am just hoping that I will not have to adjust hood to close properly. Will find out next decent weather day that I am off work.
DSC01130.JPG

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Slated to ship tomorrow from AVS

AVS had a small defect a week ago and they recalled the in channel visors but have new ones they are packing today!

Thank you for your order and supporting us!
Has anyone installed the avs in channel window vents yet? From looking at the window channel it doesn’t look like there is enough room.
Sponsored