thejeg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello,

Wanted to share a few photos of my new chrome bug deflector / hood deflector. I had a hard time finding photos of it before buying it so I wanted to share them in case anyone would like them. I think it looks amazing! Installed on my 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat in Iconic Silver. Looks very sharp, gives a larger grill look and from a distance blends in with the silver. I bought it to protect from bugs and rock chipping on front edge of hood. This is the oem bug guard from Ford with Ford Logo.

RANGER 2019-2023 AEROSKIN CHROME HOOD DEFLECTOR
Details: Part No: VKB3Z16C900C

Genuine OEM

Best Deal I got was from Levittown Ford thanks to Benny
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vkb3z-16c900-c.html

20230501_094254.jpg

20230425_132639.jpg

20230425_132634.jpg

20230425_132622.jpg

20230425_132615.jpg

20230425_132610.jpg
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm, there is a member in Florida ( @JACER , retired firefighter) who has a beautiful red Ranger with the chrome package. John, I know you have a dark smoke deflector already, but I heard this calling your name. :wink:

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Sounds silly to ask I know, but what does the view look like through the windshield in the driver's seat now with it on? I tried ordering the matt black textured version from Lasco Ford online, what a night mare that was... sent me the shiny smoke one instead even though the paperwork had the correct part number, they took forever to get a refund and they tried to charge me a 15% restocking fee even though it was their mistake.

Have been debating still putting a hood protector on, really don't want to see something sticking up but that OEM style (not the one with the lip from Ford) looks like it shouldn't.

So I'm thinking, this time I'll order from the local Ford dealer's parts department.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Hmmmm, there is a member in Florida ( @JACER , retired firefighter) who has a beautiful red Ranger with the chrome package. John, I know you have a dark smoke deflector already, but I heard this calling your name. :wink:
Yep, that silver deflector looks mighty good on the silver Ranger! It would've looked on the silver 2015 Explorer I had, but not so good on Pepper.

Now I also have a chrome bell that came off a fire truck, but alas, there's no room for it on Pepper though.
?? ?.

We're now in our summer place in Franklin, NC

OP
OP
thejeg

thejeg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
not a big fan of chrome anywhere on a truck, but that does look pretty good with the silver. does the ford logo peel off? if so, lose it
Thank you! Yes, the Ford logo is one of those rubber raised decals so should be removable.

Big Bri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL Supercab 4x4
I was thinking about getting the aeroskin 2 (the one with the fat lip) until I read some reviews that it can make the hood and wipers shake at highway speeds. I am now debating between the regular aeroskin and none at all. I only have 3500 miles on my Ranger but already got a rock chip in the area that a deflector would cover. Does anyone have any thoughts on the install as a DIY or have the dealer do it?

OP
OP
thejeg

thejeg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Sounds silly to ask I know, but what does the view look like through the windshield in the driver's seat now with it on? I tried ordering the matt black textured version from Lasco Ford online, what a night mare that was... sent me the shiny smoke one instead even though the paperwork had the correct part number, they took forever to get a refund and they tried to charge me a 15% restocking fee even though it was their mistake.

Have been debating still putting a hood protector on, really don't want to see something sticking up but that OEM style (not the one with the lip from Ford) looks like it shouldn't.

So I'm thinking, this time I'll order from the local Ford dealer's parts department.
Hello Val,

After you asked I went to look, you can't see it from inside the truck. Not visible at all, got up to the ceiling too but nothing. Here are a few photos.

Hello Val,

Checked once you asked, can't see it at all from inside, not even getting close to the ceiling. Here are a few photos to give you an idea:

20230505_150239.jpg

20230505_150239.jpg

20230505_150250.jpg

20230505_150253.jpg

OP
OP
thejeg

thejeg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was thinking about getting the aeroskin 2 (the one with the fat lip) until I read some reviews that it can make the hood and wipers shake at highway speeds. I am now debating between the regular aeroskin and none at all. I only have 3500 miles on my Ranger but already got a rock chip in the area that a deflector would cover. Does anyone have any thoughts on the install as a DIY or have the dealer do it?
With reference to this one, I can say I have not noticed any different with sound or wipers etc.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Hello Val,

After you asked I went to look, you can't see it from inside the truck. Not visible at all, got up to the ceiling too but nothing. Here are a few photos.

Hello Val,

Checked once you asked, can't see it at all from inside, not even getting close to the ceiling. Here are a few photos to give you an idea:

20230505_150239.jpg

20230505_150239.jpg

20230505_150250.jpg
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you for taking the time to get those photos!
Sponsored