Auto Start

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
To answer the question of permanently deactivating ASS — I’ve done this using Forscan. Very easy to do and one can revert back at anytime. I’ve made close to a dozen changes to mine.
Sponsored

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. My first choice would have been Lightning Blue. I think that color looks awesome on the Ranger. My wife, however, forbade me to get that color so I ended up with Shadow Black. Not a bad outcome, but I really would have liked to have the blue...
Kinda sucks that you both weren't on the same page with the color. Luckily for me I really liked the Lightning Blue as well so I didn't have to settle on the color. It did make negotiations a bit more challenging though, because I was willing to settle on another color (they only had 1 available in blue, now mine) if it meant getting a better deal, but the wife was adamant about the blue. No regrets though, I absolutely love the blue with the STX package. It was like this truck was meant for me.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The lightning blue is a polarizing color. You either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be much of an in between. My wife really likes colors that pop. She drives an orange Santa Fe. We have a very colorful garage, lol.
Funny, Lightening Blue was our compromise color! She wanted saber, I wanted black, but we both liked the Blue, and now we both love the blue! She absolutely did not care about trim levels, and only demanded that I put running boards on the Lariat I wanted so that she could climb up easily. Done!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Funny, Lightening Blue was our compromise color! She wanted saber, I wanted black, but we both liked the Blue, and now we both love the blue! She absolutely did not care about trim levels, and only demanded that I put running boards on the Lariat I wanted so that she could climb up easily. Done!
The very first article I saw on the Ranger coming back to N'America had the Saber color and I fell in love with it then,the Lightening Blue was my second choice. Just about everyone out here has a white or silver vehicle so I wanted something different.

When we were in Colorado last summer I saw a girl at the gas station who just picked up her new Saber Ranger. That was the first time I saw one in person and loved it even more. Two weeks later I found one at my local dealer with every option I wanted. The Lightening Blue he had there was an XLT but I was adamant about getting the Lariat because I never had a fully loaded truck. I'm glad I did because I love all the tech stuff. I will get the Lightening Blue on my next one unless they come out with another new color I like better.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The very first article I saw on the Ranger coming back to N'America had the Saber color and I fell in love with it then,the Lightening Blue was my second choice. Just about everyone out here has a white or silver vehicle so I wanted something different.

When we were in Colorado last summer I saw a girl at the gas station who just picked up her new Saber Ranger. That was the first time I saw one in person and loved it even more. Two weeks later I found one at my local dealer with every option I wanted. The Lightening Blue he had there was an XLT but I was adamant about getting the Lariat because I never had a fully loaded truck. I'm glad I did because I love all the tech stuff. I will get the Lightening Blue on my next one unless they come out with another new color I like better.
Funny, when you wrote, "I saw a girl at the gas station who just picked up her new Saber Ranger," I thought this post was going to go in an entirely different direction....

Ranger 4 Play

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I see a lot of discussion here on the auto start/stop feature. Just about says it’s a gas saver. However, I’ve always been told that most of engine wear occurs at startup. Think of of all the wear and tear on the engine, battery and starter associated with dozens of starts per day. I would think that those maintenance costS would far overshadow the few pennys saved in gas. For that reason I shut mine off.
As others have said, options are: small LED or charger in the 110V, disconnecting the BMS ground dongle on the battery, FORSCAN modification, autostop eliminator, and also if purchasing a tuner, having them disable the A/s/s in the tune.
I cannot be expected to push a button every time I drive! lol

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
A few days ago my LED nightlight crapped out. I've read that the AC outlet is producing more of a square wave that is hard on electronics. My light lasted just about 3 months.

I was ready to buy the eliminator that connects to the button, but found the 4D Tech dongle that uses the OBD port. It's more expensive at $99.99, but I had an ebay coupon and figured the install would be much simpler.

You unplug the cable from the back of the OBD port under the dash and put the device in between. 2 minute install on a stupidly hot day and it works great.
20200703_200016.jpg

And yes, I know that some people don't mind ASS. Personally, I hate it. It's not at all seamless and it's too damn aggressive. I also know that you can push the button every start, eliminate it with FORSCAN, etc. To me this was $90 well spent.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
OP
OP

GaryR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Retired

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I actually surprised that disconnecting the battery sensor works and does not cause other problems. I guess Ford implemented the ASS and battery sensor differently than Chrysler/Fiat did. I know disconnecting the intelligent battery sensor on Chrysler vehicles will cause the computer to throw all kinds of codes.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I have the eliminator which just makes the button remember the setting, that way if I want to turn it on I just have to hit the button again, a night light glow would probably drive me nuts because I hate having extra crap in the truck.

Girl friend really didn’t care what I got, she just wanted a heated seat, so the 302 xlt worked just fine because I hated the dash in the lariat along with not having a real key. Went with the silver which I know is kind of a basic color but I like that it’s easy to keep clean, my other 3 vehicles are red but if I could of gotten the darker true blue I probably would of went with that.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Girl friend really didn’t care what I got, she just wanted a heated seat, so the 302 xlt worked just fine because I hated the dash in the lariat along with not having a real key.
Wow - I absolutely LOVE not having a real key - I almost never take my key out of my pocket any longer - in fact, pretty much the only time I need to is when I need to unlock the tailgate.

It just goes to show that there are lots of options because there are lots of preferences out there.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
My tuner turned it off for me.
Sponsored