Auto Start

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
If anyone would like to easily disable the ASS, just unplug the Battery Management Sensor Plug on the negative cable of the battery. This was discovered by one of our forum members, BoostCruising.
It works like a charm and also disables the BMS, the benefits of which I won't go into here. If you want it to work again, simply plug it back in.

RAS100

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My BMW 228Xi had the same kind of auto shutoff system but when you turned it off it stayed off until you turned it back on. Also all windows were auto up. Love German engineering (sometimes).

OP
OP

GaryR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Retired
If anyone would like to easily disable the ASS, just unplug the Battery Management Sensor Plug on the negative cable of the battery. This was discovered by one of our forum members, BoostCruising.
It works like a charm and also disables the BMS, the benefits of which I won't go into here. If you want it to work again, simply plug it back in.
Can you provide a picture of where the plug is located and why it looks like? Thanks!

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
My wife wanted the Lariat, I wanted the XL. She won.
My wife said she didn't care what trim level I got, but the truck HAD to be Lightning Blue. My truck is Lightning Blue, lol.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I know when I'm at a light and truck turns off, if I let up on brake just a bit, it restarts. Truck still holds tight. Could this be as simple as a switch adjust/unplug? I also noticed if I stop, let up on brake and rebrake, then it never turns off. Now I don't want to double brake every time, but it leads to a possible answer maybe...

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
Similar for me. My wife had two non-negotiable points: (1) no lightning blue or white, (2) had to have the magnetic rims.
The lightning blue is a polarizing color. You either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be much of an in between. My wife really likes colors that pop. She drives an orange Santa Fe. We have a very colorful garage, lol.

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I plugged my regular cell phone charger with a 6ft cord into the outlet in the rear of the console. No battery drain when the key is out of the ignition. When I plug in my iPhone into the charging cord and crank the truck, the phone draws power from the outlet disabling my auto stop/ start. This negates my concern about the night light draining my system if I'm parked for an extended period of time. I may have $5 tied up disabling my system.

scssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4WD
Occupation
Materials/Purchasing Manager
The lightning blue is a polarizing color. You either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be much of an in between. My wife really likes colors that pop. She drives an orange Santa Fe. We have a very colorful garage, lol.
Yep. My first choice would have been Lightning Blue. I think that color looks awesome on the Ranger. My wife, however, forbade me to get that color so I ended up with Shadow Black. Not a bad outcome, but I really would have liked to have the blue...
Sponsored