Are You and “In” or “Out” Guy…?

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
My garage is more of a workshop at this point. It might technically be a two car garage but that would be two small cars.

As it stands the only things stored in there besides tools and work bench’s are my motorcycle and my lawn tractor.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Toronto’s downtown core - indoor parking is a must, so mine is garaged. It’s a bit of a squeeze but it fits…

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Always inside my one car garage. It's nice not having to scrape snow off in the winter and not getting in a hot truck in the summer. Plus parking in the garage reduces the chance of break ins or having parts stolen off of it.

One of the things that originally drew my attention to the Ranger was its size and the power folding mirrors because my garage is small. Of course now that I have gotten used to it I never fold the mirrors in anymore when I pull in but it's a tight fit, only a few inches on each side of the mirrors as I enter the garage. Once inside it fits good enough to open the doors but not by much.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
2 bay garage here. Each side for each of our vehicles plus extra room for storage; beer fridge, lawn equipment, tool area, etc.

Once the truck comes I'll reorganize my side since I no longer own my Jeep.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My half of the garage is workshop. I was going to build a car port for my truck but the county wanted 500+ for a permit and all sorts of stupid requirements. F... them.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
ford barn.PNG

The one room in the house that I claim...lol

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I like to go "in and out, and in and out. cause they're playing all night..."
Depends on a lot of factors if the Ranger is in the garage, like what 'toys' are in there, what project is going on and seasons. It's sitting outside right now.
No extra care needed, it's a vehicle not a ... well if I had a cat, the damn thing would be outside too to keep the mice and squirrels from dining on wires. :LOL:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I have a 3 car garage (2 car side loading and one smaller front loading) and my truck gets parked on the pad next to the smaller garage. My wife gets the best spot for her ‘16 Honda Pilot and next to her is room for my motorcycle (‘16 Honda Africa Twin) and all the family Mtn bikes. The smaller front loading garage is dedicated to my project car (‘73 Volvo P1800ES) and paddle sport gear.

Last edited:

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
50X60 barn and oversized 2 car garage. Corolla goes in garage except when I need the shop space. ‘98 C2500 lives mostly outside. Cargo trailer lives outside mostly. Ranger, travel trailer, tractor, and boat live in barn mostly, but sometimes outside. Building observatory dome in the barn, and storage in the barn and garage. Most of the shop tools are still in the garage at this point. The barn is still all gravel floor at this point.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Morning All -

Was curious … you guys an inside the garage at night or outside the whole time owner?

I know some owners don’t have garages, love their trucks all babied in garages, garages are too packed to fit any car in it, can only fit the wife’s car (lol), live in apartments with no garages… etc !?

Wondering how the elements are with you guys and what you all like to do with the upkeep barring each ???
I thought this was going to be another white letters in or out thread lol...my Ranger lives inside always...

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Biggest reason I traded in the F150 besides the gas mileage, was to be able to park in my own garage while I'm in Phoenix. It's a tight fit in the 3rd car spot, but it's the only spot long enough with the 2 car side having storage cabinets.

Up in Idaho parking is not a problem with the workshop / pole barn.

IMG_3484.JPG

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I like to go "in and out, and in and out. cause they're playing all night..."
Depends on a lot of factors if the Ranger is in the garage, like what 'toys' are in there, what project is going on and seasons. It's sitting outside right now.
No extra care needed, it's a vehicle not a ... well if I had a cat, the damn thing would be outside too to keep the mice and squirrels from dining on wires. :LOL:
I see what you did there... Lol