Do you guys think this will "Buff out"?!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well do to some unfortunate events I lost my Ranger. Sunday I decided to go out on a trail and on the way back home I ended up running into a cow(yep, I killed Bessie).

With the damage to the front end I am certain she is totaled....... Lets face it, we have seen Rangers with less damage get totaled.....

The weirdest thing that gets me is with all that damage none of the Airbags went off!! To say the least i already got ahold of Ford to let them know!! Who knows what will become of that...

What is my plan? Well as much as I would love for you guys to just pitch in and buy me another Ranger(I have a better chance of winning the lottery) I am most likely going to find a cheap truck(yes they still exist) and get some much needed debt paid off until I can get myself another Ranger(probably the new body coming up).

Will I be leaving the Forum? I dont think so as I still find it nice to be able to give others helpful information.

Well there you have it folks!!

0224221725_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
it just needs some spit and polish... Dude, I know how you feel right now. My wife borrowed my truck to go on a trip for a funeral and she wrecked my truck. it took about 6 weeks to get it back.

maybe your insurance company will total it, but good luck finding a replacement now days.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Bummer! Just hope everyone is ok. Hopefully they located the owner of the cow for insurance purposes

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bummer! Just hope everyone is ok. Hopefully they located the owner of the cow for insurance purposes
To.my understanding the Police already knew who it belong too. Also it was open Range too

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well do to some unfortunate events I lost my Ranger. Sunday I decided to go out on a trail and on the way back home I ended up running into a cow(yep, I killed Bessie).

With the damage to the front end I am certain she is totaled....... Lets face it, we have seen Rangers with less damage get totaled.....

The weirdest thing that gets me is with all that damage none of the Airbags went off!! To say the least i already got ahold of Ford to let them know!! Who knows what will become of that...

What is my plan? Well as much as I would love for you guys to just pitch in and buy me another Ranger(I have a better chance of winning the lottery) I am most likely going to find a cheap truck(yes they still exist) and get some much needed debt paid off until I can get myself another Ranger(probably the new body coming up).

Will I be leaving the Forum? I dont think so as I still find it nice to be able to give others helpful information.

0224221725_HDR.jpg
I hope you are okay! Very sorry about your Ranger.:(

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OMG! How did a cow get in your way? I understand deers but a cow jumping into your path? Do you have to buy the cow too?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OMG! How did a cow get in your way? I understand deers but a cow jumping into your path?
Open Range sir... A bullshit thing if you ask me but it does exist in Colorado and other states as well

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

0224221725_HDR.jpg
Good grief it looks like you hit the whole herd!! Glad you are okay and here to tell us!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

0224221725_HDR.jpg
Hi Chris,

Sad....how fast were you going...real puzzling that the air bags did not delpoy unless the speeds were low but how would a cow do this amount of damage... Yes they are solid but.....

Best,
Phil
Sponsored