Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta bring up the subject of the bed swing out boxes, both the licensed Ford and those made by Undercover.
Did the installation require any hole drilling at all? Or did the mounting bracket(s) utilize the existing M6 and M8 tapped holes Ford has provided in the bed? Also, it looks as though the rear bed tie down hooks will need to be removed, concur?
Security wise, it looks as though the tailgate must be lowered to gain access to the swing out latching mechanism, correct? I don't want anybody walking off with the case in hand with my roadside emergency gear in it with the gate up.
Definitely a deal breaker if I gotta drill holes in my new truck, that ain't happening at all!

Thanks!
Use the existing holes but if filled or covered with bed liner you would have to clean out the holes. No need to remove cargo handles. There is a padlock hole to lock it in. It is nice buy it.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Use the existing holes but if filled or covered with bed liner you would have to clean out the holes. No need to remove cargo handles. There is a padlock hole to lock it in. It is nice buy it.
Thanks!
No bedliner, but it does have an aftermarket spray-in liner in which I had instructed the outfit not to spray over the tapped holes.
You've sold me, I'll order the right side soon.
:like:

Ahmed36awad

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion energi titanium
I've been using it for years! The only thing that seems to suck about it is that you can only tie it to one dealership. I wanted to be able to use it at the dealership I purchased at or the dealership by my work (where I usually get my oil changes).

PS: You can put the Pass in your iOS wallet and use it from there. There's been a couple times where the cashier didn't know how to use it and just comped the oil change and let me keep my rewards. :handsinair:
Can you run me down putting the pass in my IOS wallet I’ve been trying to figure it out for months and now my energi is finally on 7% oil life so I want to try see if I can get it on the wallet and hopefully they don’t know how to use it lol

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like we all get a little time extension on our Ford Pass Rewards.

1588193988822.png

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I use my points to buy accessories? I don't see any points option on the ford site.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I use my points to buy accessories? I don't see any points option on the ford site.
A service ticket needs to be written and the accessories charged out on that. I’ve used Ford pass points more than once this way to pay for accessories at dealer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As Dana said it has to be done by the dealer,you can not use them for online orders. Now the last 2 accessories I bought I just called the parts dept and told them I wanted to use my FPP and they ordered it for me without having to go in. Once you pick it up at parts,go to the cashier and they will get your email that's connected to your account and cash out your points.

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
Got it. I thought I remembered being able to see the points cost of each item on their website.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Thanks everyone for the info. Can you guys give me some idea as to how many points are used for an item?

For instance anyone know how many points for:

Mud Flaps?
Dampener?
Door Sills?
etc
(Maybe we can start a list. What item you ordered and how many points it cost)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks everyone for the info. Can you guys give me some idea as to how many points are used for an item?

For instance anyone know how many points for:

Mud Flaps?
Dampener?
Door Sills?
etc
(Maybe we can start a list. What item you ordered and how many points it cost)

Each point is worth .005. Just take the price of the item and divid it by .005 to get the points.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
After all I went thru to get Ford to authorize granting me the points on my new truck -- The local dealer refuses to except them -- Says it costs them to much money and they don't have the time to deal with them.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
After all I went thru to get Ford to authorize granting me the points on my new truck -- The local dealer refuses to except them -- Says it costs them to much money and they don't have the time to deal with them.
That’s annoying. The FordPass app should have a shopping mall so to speak like a rewards page on a credit card app which allows you to redeem the points through there. Then they can fulfill the order through local dealers. Just another annoying reason to avoid a dealer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do you have any other dealers nearby? I've seen others here say that their dealers can't/won't except their FPP which is ridiculous. All they need to do is write up a sales ticket at the parts dept and then you go over to the cashier. They use your email address from your account and apply the points from there. Sheer laziness! Hope you find another dealer close by as it's free money you should be able to use as you want.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I agree Dave -- It's BS .. .. Especially as Ford touts the Ford points program on their main website. A buyer has no idea if a dealer excepts them or not. Unfortunately no -- I live in a small coastal town and we have just the one local dealer. I tried buying an item from another dealer -- Got a reply back with the cost and to have it shipped to me .. .. I replied back that the cost was exceptable and stated I'd like to use the points and pay the difference and then crickets. Quite frustrating -- I've excepted the loss .. .. Lesson learned.
Sponsored