Anyone thinking of running a Sasquatch wheel on their Ranger?

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I think these are a great looking wheel. From my understanding, you can remove the beauty rings and powder coat them any color you want. In addition, the +30 offset is ideal and they are hub centric. Only question would be if you could swat center caps.

I'm going to keep my eye on the used wheel market for these. I think once more and more people begin taking these off for aftermarket wheels, they might be had for a good deal.

sasquatch wheel.jpg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm sure they will fit but be advised that those are not beauty rings. They are functional bead lockers similar to the raptor wheels

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I'm sure they will fit but be advised that those are not beauty rings. They are functional bead lockers similar to the raptor wheels
No, those are the beauty rings on the wheel pictured. They need to be removed in order to use Ford's beadlock kit which must be purchased separately. This kit here is an example.

Last edited:

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
No, those are the beauty rings on the wheel pictured. They need to be removed in order to use Ford's beadlock kit which must be purchased separately. This kit here is and example.
You have to buy $800 in extra parts on top of the Sasquatch package to use the beadlock function??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yup they're Beadlock Capable Wheels. Here's someone who took them off and painted them Black. Ford isn't going to offer 5 of these for only $995.00 being full beadlocks.

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9641.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You have to buy $800 in extra parts on top of the Sasquatch package to use the beadlock function??
Yes because you cant use beadlocks on the road. They're only for off road use.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I understand that, I'm not suggesting they deliver them with the beadlock rings installed it just seems like they should be included or at least be more affordable?

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I understand that, I'm not suggesting they deliver them with the beadlock rings installed it just seems like they should be included or at least be more affordable?
Yeah I would agree, at $800 a set, toss it in a bag kinda like those Dodge Challenger drag pack cars that had the extra accessories for a tiny cost.

Shoot, I would rather just get Method wheels at that point but I do not care for the style of that Ford wheel either.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
No, those are the beauty rings on the wheel pictured. They need to be removed in order to use Ford's beadlock kit which must be purchased separately. This kit here is and example.
Lol apparently you havent changed tires on a raptor yet? You have to remove the factory bead locker ring in order to replace the tires. Not fun but it has to be done. It's the same for the Bronco

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Lol apparently you havent changed tires on a raptor yet? You have to remove the factory bead locker ring in order to replace the tires. Not fun but it has to be done. It's the same for the Bronco
Frenchy, I don't think you are comprehending what I'm saying... lol. Those are not beadlocks you see on that wheel. They are beauty rings. Though the Bronco Sasquatch wheel is beadlock capable, you have to purchase those separately. It was pointed out in post #5 of the thread where a Bronco owner changed the color of his beauty rings. No beadlocks were involved.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That’s interesting - I didn’t know that. So, technically, you’re supposed to put them on at the trailhead and take them off before getting back on the road? I guess you could do it while airing up. Does anybody really do that or do they just roll the dice and hope they don’t get ticketed?

I just can’t see someone going to all that trouble. I’m sure they’re running a bit too much poke as well and likely figure, “If I get pulled over, I get pulled over.”
So Shea, I guess those rings don’t really extend beyond the outer part of the wheel - they’re likely flush with the wheel’s outside edge?

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s interesting - I didn’t know that. So, technically, you’re supposed to put them on at the trailhead and take them off before getting back on the road? I guess you could do it while airing up. Does anybody really do that or do they just roll the dice and hope they don’t get ticketed?

I just can’t see someone going to all that trouble. I’m sure they’re running a bit too much poke as well and likely figure, “If I get pulled over, I get pulled over.”
Technically they're not "banned" on the road but they're also not DOT approved. You can air them back up and drive home with them but you're liable for any damage they may cause. When they blow out there's all those bolts holding the bead and they can be dangerous. You probably have better odds hitting the lottery than having this happen but it's possible it can. Most have a second set of off road tires they change at home and just change them back to their street set up once back.

https://fourwheeltrends.com/why-are-beadlocks-dangerous/

To say that beadlocks are illegal is not quite accurate. Beadlocks are not banned, and you won’t necessarily be fined if you’re caught using them in most states (you should check with your state before putting beadlocks on your tires.)

What they are is unauthorized by the Department of Transportation. What does that mean? it means that everyone involved in the use of beadlocks on roads ere in the United States is liable for any damages they cause should the system fail.

This is, by the way, why most tire shops won’t help install beadlocks even though they almost certainly know how to. If anything were to go wrong, they could easily be sued by anyone who gets hurt while the driver is using those particular tires.

This creates something of a paradox. As long as people need to install beadlocks on their tires themselves, they are dangerous and unlikely to ever be authorized by the DOT.

cdnmxracer678

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 4x4 SC
I just recently purchased a new ranger after selling my 2021 bronco badlands. I had bought a set of Sasquatch wheels/tires off a wildtrack and didn’t sell them with the bronco.
will be peeling off the 315s and trying the wheels on in the spring. I don’t want to remove crash bars or lift the truck so we’ll see what the max size of tire I can mount on them.
I’m thinking a 31.6” tire or maybe a 285/70/17 will fit due to the +30 backspacing on these wheels.
here’s a few photos of them placed beside to see the difference vs stock 18s.
DB87950B-4AD9-40C1-BFCE-7D1411D4A7B4.jpeg

76D79780-D543-493E-AC16-14FF71698C26.jpeg

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I think these are a great looking wheel. From my understanding, you can remove the beauty rings and powder coat them any color you want. In addition, the +30 offset is ideal and they are hub centric. Only question would be if you could swat center caps.

I'm going to keep my eye on the used wheel market for these. I think once more and more people begin taking these off for aftermarket wheels, they might be had for a good deal.

sasquatch wheel.jpg
Is the hub diameter on the Bronco the same as the Ranger? What's the wheel width? Anybody know?