Anyone tried the Michelin Cross Climate tires on their Ranger?

johnitahoe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport/FX
Curious if anyone has tried the Michelin Cross Climate tires on their Ranger? These tires seems to be rated very high across the spectrum. Decent Ice/Snow rating is what got my attention.
Sponsored

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Curious if anyone has tried the Michelin Cross Climate tires on their Ranger? These tires seems to be rated very high across the spectrum. Decent Ice/Snow rating is what got my attention.
You live in LT, get the Blizzak DMV, or LTs. It rarely gets above 45 up there, correct? Perfect spot for winters. I’m down the hill in Sac and I’m gonna switch back and forth between winters and daily tires when I’m headed up to ski.

OP
OP

johnitahoe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You live in LT, get the Blizzak DMV, or LTs. It rarely gets above 45 up there, correct? Perfect spot for winters. I’m down the hill in Sac and I’m gonna switch back and forth between winters and daily tires when I’m headed up to ski.
I'm actually in Grass Valley now, but I still spend a lot of time up in Tahoe. Blizzaks are not rated well on dry and wet roads. The Cross Climate is rated high in all categories across the board. I will mostly encounter ice and light snow, but also want good control and braking on wet and dry surfaces. Thoughts?

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
I'm actually in Grass Valley now, but I still spend a lot of time up in Tahoe. Blizzaks are not rated well on dry and wet roads. The Cross Climate is rated high in all categories across the board. I will mostly encounter ice and light snow, but also want good control and braking on wet and dry surfaces. Thoughts?
Unless you drive like a maniac on dry roads, you will be fine with winter tires.
I ran the Michelin LTX Winter for 2 seasons on my Tundra. It did really well on the trips from Sac up to LT. Held up really well on that heavy truck in above freezing temps. Never had any issues on warm dry pavement, or rain. Smooth and quiet ride. This might be the tire for you!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
A GOOD truck and winter tire i have found is the Cooper Discover M&S. I ran a set last winter in Colorado and they did well.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
A GOOD truck and winter tire i have found is the Cooper Discover M&S. I ran a set last winter in Colorado and they did well.
Nice, I’ve been eyeing those and the Bridgestones. I like that the Coopers are lighter and made in the USA is a plus too. The rubber compound of the Nokian and Bridgestones are just superior to everyone else. They have a bit of marshmallow feel as things warm up, but are crazy good in the cold.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Nice, I’ve been eyeing those and the Bridgestones. I like that the Coopers are lighter and made in the USA is a plus too. The rubber compound of the Nokian and Bridgestones are just superior to everyone else. They have a bit of marshmallow feel as things warm up, but are crazy good in the cold.
I can't speak for Nokian but for Bridgestone it really depends on the tire. The factory tire for the Ranger (Dueler RH-S) I felt was absolutely garbage but now I have the Revo 3 and i like it for the most part. I recently got some experience with the snow we just got and i have to say it is ok for winter but then again it isnt a winter tire. Could you get by for a bit? Sure but i would not recommend for a dedicated winter tire.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
I can't speak for Nokian but for Bridgestone it really depends on the tire. The factory tire for the Ranger (Dueler RH-S) I felt was absolutely garbage but now I have the Revo 3 and i like it for the most part. I recently got some experience with the snow we just got and i have to say it is ok for winter but then again it isnt a winter tire. Could you get by for a bit? Sure but i would not recommend for a dedicated winter tire.
No, I’m strictly talking Blizzaks. It’s all about the rubber compound. Everyone puts hundreds of sipes in their tires. Nokian Hakkapalitta and Bridgestone Blizzaks are just a step above in the winter categories.

OP
OP

johnitahoe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I’m strictly talking Blizzaks. It’s all about the rubber compound. Everyone puts hundreds of sipes in their tires. Nokian Hakkapalitta and Bridgestone Blizzaks are just a step above in the winter categories.
I just stumbled across the ratings for the Hankook DynaPro ATMs. I'm surprised they did so well in testing. Handling - Good, Noise - Good, Hydroplaning - Very Good, Snow Traction - Very Good, Ride Comfort - Fair, Rolling Resistance - Very Good. They were rated towards the top of all All Terrain Truck Tire. Fair Wet and Dry braking.
Sponsored