Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Helper bag project was a success. Tested them out today. Very pleased with the results. About 600lbs on the tongue. Bags aired up, trailer is level and rear end is only down about 1/2" from normal ride height. Rear end is very smooth and settled with the bags. I was expecting it to be more harsh and bouncy. Love the convenience of being able to adjust the rear.
20220512_094528.jpg

20220521_182405.jpg

20220521_191914.jpg

20220531_202045.jpg
Since you already have the air valves mounted my comment is irrelevant in your case but others might like it.

I installed helper bags on my 97 Ranger and used the license plate mounting holes for the air valves.
Sponsored

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Here is the (almost) final pic of how the truck will be for awhile.
This is the Belltech 2/4 drop kit with the Air-design fender flares only, painted to match. I still need to black out the ford emblem on the front and rear (just haven't put the overlay on) but honestly I couldn't be more happy.
Installation wasn’t so bad, the rear flip was so easy which came to a surprise since the front was a little b****.
Thanks to @Mirage775 for all the help and details you have given me. Plus the inspiration to get all the parts together.
This has been the dream for this truck since 2019 when I first bought it.

I think it could potentially be the first one done in So-Cal please correct me if wrong anyone.

F1EC589C-694F-44A4-9D1F-1A9FDF6AF682.jpeg

Urabus33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Xlt
This is the Belltech 2/4 drop kit with the Air-design fender flares only, painted to match. I still need to black out the ford emblem on the front and rear (just haven't put the overlay on) but honestly I couldn't be more happy.
Installation wasn’t so bad, the rear flip was so easy which came to a surprise since the front was a little b****.
Thanks to @Mirage775 for all the help and details you have given me. Plus the inspiration to get all the parts together.

I think it could potentially be the first one done in So-Cal please correct me if wrong anyone.

Looks fantastic, very jealous. Leave the emblem Blue! the contrast looks great

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

Man, I completely forget to reply to this! You're welcome on the help with flares and offset! I like the truck, other than those blue tow hooks, LOL! I guess I'm going to have to switch to the full Belltech front drop, since it looks like most of yall that have it, are sitting lower in the front, than I am with the Control Freak front end?

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Man, I completely forget to reply to this! You're welcome on the help with flares and offset! I like the truck, other than those blue tow hooks, LOL! I guess I'm going to have to switch to the full Belltech front drop, since it looks like most of yall that have it, are sitting lower in the front, than I am with the Control Freak front end?
The blue tow hooks have grown on me since I did them myself of course and my favorite color is blue. Lol, to each their own. And I’ll measure my spacing today and let you know. Personally I think the ride quality of a coil over would be nicer, the set up is amazing don’t get me wrong but on some bumps it does get rather rough. Haven’t had a moment to take it and drive it super spirited but hopefully this weekend that will change.
Thanks for all the support on the build.

Also did buy a sct tuner from someone on the forums, and the truck actually can sort of put you in your seat now.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The blue tow hooks have grown on me since I did them myself of course and my favorite color is blue. Lol, to each their own. And I’ll measure my spacing today and let you know. Personally I think the ride quality of a coil over would be nicer, the set up is amazing don’t get me wrong but on some bumps it does get rather rough. Haven’t had a moment to take it and drive it super spirited but hopefully this weekend that will change.
Thanks for all the support on the build.

Also did buy a sct tuner from someone on the forums, and the truck actually can sort of put you in your seat now.
My favorite color is Blue as well, LOL! But the contrasting shades of Blue are what I didn't like there. I almost ordered my truck in Blue, but wasn't sure how the Black and Blue theme would've looked on the Ranger, but after seeing the SCT SEMA truck, I knew exactly how it would look in Black, with all my parts installed, so that's why I went Black this time... It's definitely a pain in the ass to keep clean, LOL!

My coilovers are stiff AF! I've got the compression and rebound settings adjusted to the high side of track/auto-x, but most of that is due to my bottoming out issue, when I hit certain dips/bumps, on Alabama's crappy roads near the Landfill, that I have to cross every day, twice....

I took my Unleashed tune off a couple months ago, thinking that it was affecting my mileage, but over the last couple of months, mileage has stayed about the same...

No problem again on the support! It took me months to find everything myself and I'd hate for someone else to have to go through all that trouble again :D

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
My favorite color is Blue as well, LOL! But the contrasting shades of Blue are what I didn't like there. I almost ordered my truck in Blue, but wasn't sure how the Black and Blue theme would've looked on the Ranger, but after seeing the SCT SEMA truck, I knew exactly how it would look in Black, with all my parts installed, so that's why I went Black this time... It's definitely a pain in the ass to keep clean, LOL!

My coilovers are stiff AF! I've got the compression and rebound settings adjusted to the high side of track/auto-x, but most of that is due to my bottoming out issue, when I hit certain dips/bumps, on Alabama's crappy roads near the Landfill, that I have to cross every day, twice....

I took my Unleashed tune off a couple months ago, thinking that it was affecting my mileage, but over the last couple of months, mileage has stayed about the same...

No problem again on the support! It took me months to find everything myself and I'd hate for someone else to have to go through all that trouble again :D
I they contrasting blues of the emblem and the hooks wont be for long, I am blacking out the emblems soon, just haven't had time. This is the absolute busiest time of year for me at work. Luckily I got everything done prior.

I did get the Belltech control arms in, not sure if I’ll install or just return them though.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I they contrasting blues of the emblem and the hooks wont be for long, I am blacking out the emblems soon, just haven't had time. This is the absolute busiest time of year for me at work. Luckily I got everything done prior.

I did get the Belltech control arms in, not sure if I’ll install or just return them though.
No problem :)

I tend to have a little more relax time in the Winter/cooler months.

I might be interested in the control arms, if you're not going use them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

SelfMade

First Name
Jeremie Melancon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Automotive Detailer
Great looking truck!
What wheels are you looking to run? There was a member selling a set of 22"x9" from a lowered truck.
How did you tint the tail lights and third brake light? Did it affect your blind spot monitor?
I'm leaning more towards 20" wheels, undecided on what wheel though, My brother in laws father owns a paint and body shop, they mixed some black paint and clear than sprayed them. It didn't affect the blind spot sensors at all.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager

Looks freaking awesome. Id leave the blue oval since you have the blue tow hooks.

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
So I posted on FB pages last night and figured I would post here as well.
Finally lowered the Ranger

486669A1-59CF-4F60-A032-135E1B927808.jpeg

79E96890-F870-4083-832B-710D75D20128.jpeg

86A47CD9-4B03-4650-9413-5C48CD1FB99B.jpeg

D413A148-DE68-4EF6-9D0D-61F18B5FA1DA.jpeg

DE4C15F2-5465-4C1E-B11A-FDDC2B8E93E4.jpeg
Looks awesome man, I love a truck in white. What wheels and tires are those? Any rubbing issues? I gotta get my rubbing figured out..

Reactions: Doc