Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn't so much the sitting part but the back "support" part. To me, it felt like the doorknob-covered Tramp Chair in one of Stephen King's books. I can't understand stiff backed seats in a vehicle designed to be taken off road where they can pound on you until you beg for mercy. To be fair, I had the same problem with my Kia Soul, but I did get it adjusted right without any major surgery. I miss the old style seats, where the term back support meant sitting up straight!
Sponsored

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
" My Passat, however, with its two-zone climate control is nothing but trouble - maybe it’s having a tough time finding that magic, invisible wall that separates the driver side climate zone from the passenger side climate zone. "

It always strikes me as similar to the old smoking/non smoking sections on airplanes.

missesbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew Sport
I'm glad I found this thread, thought I was a wee bit crazy too. I have a 2020 Lariat supercrew and the heat in auto mode doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just aimed too much in the wrong direction for my feet to feel it, but it also blows cool air from the dash vents even in heat mode. So not only do my feet not warm up but then I'm also cold from the air from the dash vents. The air feels warmer from the passenger side dash vents but not by much. One saving grace is that the seater heater REALLY works well. I'll have to start trying manual mode and see if I can get warm air somewhere near me...if it gets cold again in Houston I'll need it!

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bill,

You would not have liked the seating of European cars in Europe...They love to sit on bricks. Seating is a very region specific and even then the seating companies do not always get it right!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
All true!

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
Mine works great on the floor controls 2021 model

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'm glad I found this thread, thought I was a wee bit crazy too. I have a 2020 Lariat supercrew and the heat in auto mode doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just aimed too much in the wrong direction for my feet to feel it, but it also blows cool air from the dash vents even in heat mode. So not only do my feet not warm up but then I'm also cold from the air from the dash vents. The air feels warmer from the passenger side dash vents but not by much. One saving grace is that the seater heater REALLY works well. I'll have to start trying manual mode and see if I can get warm air somewhere near me...if it gets cold again in Houston I'll need it!
Is your coolant level ok?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Funny coming across this now. Since getting my Ranger it’s been winter months in New England. Joined this forum not long after! One of my better moves I must say. ? Anyways after RTFM back to back it seemed if I were auto starting for warmups every morning would leave it in auto HAVC.

Then I saw reports of a bunch of cracked windshields. ? Well they do say auto in ownership manual right? Seeing AC does get used in auto to control humidity.

My mileage was terrible though! Ya I like to get on it but not to the extent of 18MPG! So... this week has been all highway driving. No auto on HAVC just manual control. Low and behold my mileage was markedly better than before. By a lot too!

So Auto use is also an MPG killer! Just so you know!

UHFradarWill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I think I'm needing a trip to the dealer.
I have the STX model with no auto mode.
On a 2 hour trip to NH, I couldn't get warm with outside being 30F, which is speedo weather in New England lol

Floor, mid, or def all suffer from non-adjustable temp setting. With the truck fully warmed up after two hours of driving, that temp knob does nothing. It's stuck somewhere around "just noticeable heat".

BTW: The floor heating on the driver's side sucks as everyone knows!!

Other than that, I love this truck!!
Cheers

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
On a 2 hour trip to NH, I couldn't get warm with outside being 30F, which is speedo weather in New England lol

Floor, mid, or def all suffer from non-adjustable temp setting. With the truck fully warmed up after two hours of driving, that temp knob does nothing. It's stuck somewhere around "just noticeable heat".

Cheers
Ummmm correct me if I'm wrong but I dont recal the STC having Auto AC. Also what probably happened is the distribution box for the HVAC warped. There is an SSM about it.

UHFradarWill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ummmm correct me if I'm wrong but I dont recal the STC having Auto AC. Also what probably happened is the distribution box for the HVAC warped. There is an SSM about it.
I have the STX model and there is only a rotary fan speed, and a hot/cold twist type control for temp.
It was working this Winter, but now is FUBAR..

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Read OP's post again:

Cheers
BTW, new for 2021, the STX special Edition Package includes auto HVAC and other stuff.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
With all of the different identifiers and their perceptions it is hard to figure out if it is the truck or the people that have the problem. I think that if you have AUTO then you should not be a control fiddlier.
A friend of mine years ago had a Caddy with Auto temp control. In the morning when it was cold he would turn the temp up as high as it would go, and when the engine got warm turn it down. As if the temp control had anything to do with the engine warming up.
Auto is for set it and forget it. Keep your eyes on the road and your fingers on the wheel. :rockon:
Sponsored