Am I delusional

RangerRick13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So, this summer on a road trip to Hilton Head from just south of Philadelphia my AC seemed to loose some juice around Richmond Virginia. After cussing quite a bit I got to my first stop stayed the night and the next day everything seemed fine. Now since winter has hit it seems when I put the heat setting to my feet that the heat is non existent. Now the dealer claimed it was "normal" today because we have only two small vents, yet the dash sounds like it should be blowing like the crazy. Now I bought this truck last winter and I don't remember having essentially not heat on my feet.......am I delusional or is the dealership full of crap.
Sponsored

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The poor heat on the feet seems to be a standard thing on our trucks. Read it all over here and I have the same thing. Seems to come out much stronger on the passenger side.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The poor heat on the feet seems to be a standard thing on our trucks. Read it all over here and I have the same thing. Seems to come out much stronger on the passenger side.
Agreed. Once the cabin temperature get's warm we turn the dash heat off and just use the heat on our feet.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
So, this summer on a road trip to Hilton Head from just south of Philadelphia my AC seemed to loose some juice around Richmond Virginia. After cussing quite a bit I got to my first stop stayed the night and the next day everything seemed fine. Now since winter has hit it seems when I put the heat setting to my feet that the heat is non existent. Now the dealer claimed it was "normal" today because we have only two small vents, yet the dash sounds like it should be blowing like the crazy. Now I bought this truck last winter and I don't remember having essentially not heat on my feet.......am I delusional or is the dealership full of crap.
Hmmm thats interesting because thats one thing iā€™ve always raved about with my truck is how good the heat is and I live in Virginia as well. A few minutes down the road and I have to turn it down or iā€™ll start sweating. I always do a combo of the defroster and the feet vents.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Might just be the way Ford routes the pipes in the smaller vehicles? My 2016 Escape is the same thing, very poor feet heat unless I only have the feet selected and crank the fan up.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired

same here, poor set up in my opinion. :thumbsdown:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The entire HVAC on our trucks just flat out sucks. It's really the only thing we truly hate about our Ranger.

Bring back the adjustable levers where YOU adjust what YOU want.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the hvac set on Auto it selects its own area to blow air (feet, face or defrost) i think it may depend on the ambient temperature, so in my truck the only way I've found to override that is turn off the auto function and select the heat local I want it to blow.

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger XLT/ā€˜03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
Living where it does get cold I agree the floor is so-so but only on the outboard driver side, never been on the passenger side so not sure there. I do a lot of miles and Iā€™ve never been cold by any means.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
If you have the hvac set on Auto it selects its own area to blow air (feet, face or defrost) i think it may depend on the ambient temperature, so in my truck the only way I've found to override that is turn off the auto function and select the heat local I want it to blow.
I am going to disagree with this. I have it set to auto but select where I want the air to come from. the air flow will change from the dash vents to defrost or floor as selected. it seems to reduce air flow when more than 1 option is selected.
unless there is something else going on I dont know about......:frown:

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I am going to disagree with this. I have it set to auto but select where I want the air to come from. the air flow will change from the dash vents to defrost or floor as selected. it seems to reduce air flow when more than 1 option is selected.
unless there is something else going on I dont know about......:frown:
I have definitely had options selected and the auto mode will override and change to wherever it wants. I donā€™t use auto at all anymore, I canā€™t stand it

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have definitely had options selected and the auto mode will override and change to wherever it wants. I donā€™t use auto at all anymore, I canā€™t stand it

I sure hope mine is working correctly? I will be checking on this tomorrow.....:whew:

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
The entire HVAC on our trucks just flat out sucks. It's really the only thing we truly hate about our Ranger.

Bring back the adjustable levers where YOU adjust what YOU want.
+1

One thing that i noticed is that climate control acts like a thermostat. once cabin temp is reached air blowing out of the vents feels cooler. I never use auto setting always direct vents where i want. dash and floor at same time really restricts air flow. After i few miles with engine up to temp have to back down the fan and set to floor.
Sponsored