I love my Ranger, but I am trading it in.

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Ppfd “. And they are pretty popular here in this liberal enclave she lives in.”

lol, I never thought of them in the political perspective! 😜
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
You are obvs more than welcome to like any vehicle in the world. My bro likes Subarus, I’ve owned Subarus. I learned my lesson. It’s all good. Consumer reports and JD Power like Kias and Hyundais too but neither tests them out into higher mileage that real people put on their cars. It’s when the miles acquire that those vehicle‘s engines like to self destruct. I wish you much happiness with your new car.
You'll never see a Hyundai or KIA on a list of vehicles that last the longest, Hyundai/KIA has replaced hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of Theta II engines from 2011 to 2019 from a gov mandated settlement , even worse though they blatantly lied and tried to hide the issues and were fined IIRC $200m by the US gov. Toyota dominates the last the longest list but Honda, Subara, Ford and GM can also be found , the latter 2 with trucks .
My daughter totaled her 2017 Hyundai Tucson which presented an opportunity to replace it with something better as at 65k miles it was starting to burn oil - not unusual for Hyundai engines, the replacement vehicle was a Subaru Forester - Subaru yrs back fixed their head gasket issues and the new ones have better seats, decent interior, many safety features and one of the better CVTs, but with a 182hp and 176 lbs/ft engine they are sluggish, and imagine it's a lot more sluggish when towing anything close to 3k lbs.

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have my new vehicle and love it, but I sigh a little bit when I see a Ranger on the road.

I just wanted to share a few things that I added on and really liked.

The bed extender I got right away. I cannot say how many times it came in use, mostly when it was inside the bed to contain items. It contains 5, 5 gallon containers of gas perfectly. Also when used as a bed extender, I carried 16’ 2x6’s on a low traffic cottage road. I used it a number times for lengthy roads.

I had Weathertech mats for my truck and they worked very well. For my Forester, I purchased TuxMats and I have to say I am very, very impressed by them and if you are looking to upgrade your mats, I highly recommend them.

Last November, I purchased an Anyfar Apple Car Play Wireless Dongle From Amazon. I got it on sale for just over $50 Canadian and it has worked flawlessly and is now working flawlessly in my new vehicle. If you are looking to have wireless Apple Car Play that works very well and is inexpensive, I highly recommend it.

I also purchased an ESR MagSafe charger. I just had it sitting inside the cubby hole below the dash and would lay my phone on it to charge it quickly.

In both cases, it eliminated any white long wires leading to the phones.

On Apple Car Play, I added apps like Waze, but also a Weather App called “Along the Way”. I found the radar images very helpful when heading into lake effect snow streamers and also thunderstorms.

Good luck with your Rangers. The new one coming out seems even more terrific.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Ppfd “. And they are pretty popular here in this liberal enclave she lives in.”

lol, I never thought of them in the political perspective! 😜
Well, sure. That's why they named them "Outback" and "Forester." Names that conjure up images of scruffy Australian national parks and sustainable forest management.
Subaru "Oilfield Cruiser" or "Mining Haul Roader" don't roll of the tongue so well.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Goodness knows I loved my Ranger. The Forester Wilderness exceeded my expectations. It is very capable and I likely will never truly test it, but it drives much better than expected.

It will not do truck things, you need a truck for that, but for 95%+ of what I do now, the Wilderness will meet all our needs.

If I was buying a truck again, I would buy another Ranger.
Sponsored