First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Well, I ordered the parts and will pick them up at the ford dealer on Friday after 1pm. Sure will be interesting to see what I get. I will update you guys later friday afternoon. I really didn't mind being the ginny pig to figure out this puzzle as the parts were low dollar cost. I also ordered the bumpers and will see how they fit.
Bumpers may be worth it...they'll firm up the hood, no bouncing, thus smoothing out the air flow over the front...probably good for 7-10 horsepower !!! :crackup:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
If I think about it I'll check scrap yards & see if I can get one there.

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Have you had an oil change? The oil filter is on the driver's side and requires part of the wheel well liner to be removed. Also, maybe the Tremor is different and lacking this by default?

EDIT: My 2021 looks exectly like the OP's.
[
Noticed this morning. Am I missing the forward front part of the wheel felt liner, driver's side? You can look into the backside of the bumper area. (first photo), looking forward.
Second photo is passenger side (looking forward) and there is liner on that side.
What does yours look like? Thanks
DriversLiner.jpg
PassengerLiner.jpg

This is a 2021 Tremor
My 2020 XLT has the cover.

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Yet another thread where I thought (and obviously everyone else so I am in good company) - damn it. What am I missing now.
Sometimes I feel like I am going through the drive through - don’t know I am missing something of my order till way down the road. Joe Pesci’s character on Die Hard 2 was and still is absolutely right?.
But I still love my ranger.

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Yet another thread where I thought (and obviously everyone else so I am in good company) - damn it. What am I missing now.
Sometimes I feel like I am going through the drive through - don’t know I am missing something of my order till way down the road. Joe Pesci’s character on Die Hard 2 was and still is absolutely right?.
But I still love my ranger.
Sorry not die hard. I meant lethal weapon 2 - doh!

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Maybe Benny at LeviitTown Ford could be of help ?
I want one also.
The more I look at mine, those 3 part # I listed, and pic of Dave's 2019, I'm thinking it's a much larger piece that covers that space. Looks like it is a rubber/plastic extension of the felt covered liner.
Who would have believed that the first model year of a truck would have been the best?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
You're a New Englander, at least say it correctly....Lobstah ?
Actually I’m reminded often that I’ll never a Maine Ah to which I reply, thank you my lord Jesus Christ.

always be a Jersey Boy from 609

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I don’t think it really matters. Mine seems to run just fine without a little plastic deely bopper on one side that appears to never have been there from the start. Non issue.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It is definitely difficult to discern. The pic I included was from Dave's post, I believe. In any event, I can't positively identify any push-pins/retainers in the area I circled. I'm still not convinced it isn't just dark-colored metal, which is why I asked for someone to verify that it was plastic and not metal.

Along the lines of the hood-related parts in question, my wife's '21 Lariat has the two weatherstrips, but not the bumpers.
And my '21 XLT has the two side weatherstrips and the bumpers.
Sponsored