First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I tried it, it only turns off the low beams. It keeps the LED strips on during day time on Auto. Which is perfect, no forscan neesed.
Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the reply back, appreciate it

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
I tried it, it only turns off the low beams. It keeps the LED strips on during day time on Auto. Which is perfect, no forscan neesed.
Do you have the DRL module/connection installed?

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
Anyone know why my lights will turn off when switched to Auto mode? (PROs, w/drop in LEDs--work great otherwise.)

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone know why my lights will turn off when switched to Auto mode? (PROs, w/drop in LEDs--work great otherwise.)
That's weird. Mine operate perfectly in auto mode. Try turning off the DRL from the truck menu. That turns off the lower voltage operation - I wonder if that's what's messing up some bulbs for people.

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
That's weird. Mine operate perfectly in auto mode. Try turning off the DRL from the truck menu. That turns off the lower voltage operation - I wonder if that's what's messing up some bulbs for people.
I did, and that didn't seem to have any effect. Is it my choice of LEDs perhaps?

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have Auxitos in the fog lights. The Auxitos were known to fit factory fogs, that's why I used those. Since no one had swapped the PRO halogen bulbs for LEDs, I didn't have any idea what would or would not work but it ended up being a great fit. I just picked a set that looked decent and wasn't too pricey
I have the Auxitos and all my lights and they are awesome. But I love these that you have in there and I so want to go do that but I have to wait until the crypto goes up some more.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Followed this thread for my alpha rexs. Appreciate everyones input in here, really helped navigating through all this much easier.

If only putting in the headlights was as easy.

I used the Aukee H7 110W bulbs someone listed earlier, i did receive one dud one out of 4, but unfortunately couldnt just leave this unfinished, so one of my high beams is the stock halogen bulb.
I was also worried id have issues with them shutting off while driving, as they do seem to produce a lot of heat, but they did not turn off at all while driving for around 40 minutes.
1629598343873.png

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Followed this thread for my alpha rexs. Appreciate everyones input in here, really helped navigating through all this much easier.

If only putting in the headlights was as easy.

I used the Aukee H7 110W bulbs someone listed earlier, i did receive one dud one out of 4, but unfortunately couldnt just leave this unfinished, so one of my high beams is the stock halogen bulb.
I was also worried id have issues with them shutting off while driving, as they do seem to produce a lot of heat, but they did not turn off at all while driving for around 40 minutes.
1629598343873.png
Update
Drivers side is now switching off. Lasted 2 weeks fine, but now around 10 or so minutes till turn off and when i switch it back on itll shut off in a few minutes.
Im gonna try to swap in a different brand LED, the aukee ones ive gotten have been a disappointment.

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
Update
Drivers side is now switching off. Lasted 2 weeks fine, but now around 10 or so minutes till turn off and when i switch it back on itll shut off in a few minutes.
Im gonna try to swap in a different brand LED, the aukee ones ive gotten have been a disappointment.
By happenstance, i haven't driven more than 10 minutes at a time with mine on, but have the Aukees. Now I'm a little nervous! Keep us updated on which bulbs you go with and your thoughts/opinions/test results!

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By happenstance, i haven't driven more than 10 minutes at a time with mine on, but have the Aukees. Now I'm a little nervous! Keep us updated on which bulbs you go with and your thoughts/opinions/test results!
Ordered these, they seem shorter so hopefully its not right up against the dust cap on the assembly like the Aukee ones are. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091TDCG1L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Weird thing is that on my way home they didnt shut off, but on my way back to work this AM they shut off again. Not sure what the issue is, same temp going back and forth so it shouldnt be that, maybe the fan isnt turning on some starts or just has simply gone bad.

Just hope i can get my hands behind them good enough to remove and replace them. Drivers side looks like it had enough room, passenger side is a tiny bit tighter, but at least for now that side has no issues. Weird how it seems to be only a drivers side issue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It is dark out and the truck running right? That's what it takes for the lights to come on in Auto.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this in another thread but just a suggestion when you wire up your DRL‘s. Do not modify the fuse box lid with the important seal. Make a cut on the fuse box itself and let the seal come down over the wire. Put a little silicone in there once you have your wire in place. These Alpha Rex alpha black PROS w LEDs are definitely worth the upgrade!

EB1FD6E5-84CF-4327-B39B-5E403051ACFB.jpeg

6EDAC586-7EF7-49A1-BDEA-8641DE24064E.jpeg
Sponsored