StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
They are a huge upgrade over the non-Lariat lights.

But for my money that DRL strip is weak-sauce... It's just too inconsistent, if it were solid white and not all broken up it'd be a winner but for now I think the Lariat lights and (eventually) the Morimotos are better looking in the DRL department by a mile.

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Dang, y'all have me worried now. I was going to pull the trigger on these headlights and bulbs Friday but now I'm second guessing that.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I never heard of Aukee LED’s before. With high power output like these the heat piping that the LED’s are mounted to is very important for this reason. When I do get around to getting the Alpharex myself I will be using https://auxito.com/collections/9005...for-fanless-h10-9145-9140-led-fog-light-bulbs
Aukee is the same kind of name

But for my money that DRL strip is weak-sauce... It's just too inconsistent, if it were solid white and not all broken up it'd be a winner but for now I think the Lariat lights and (eventually) the Morimotos are better looking in the DRL department by a mile.
It's pretty bright when wired separately.
Dang, y'all have me worried now. I was going to pull the trigger on these headlights and bulbs Friday but now I'm second guessing that.
I think the headlights are still really good. It could just be the bulbs but they did get really good reviews on Amazon. Maybe auixtos are more reliable I'm not sure. I never had problems with the auxitos I had but I know people who did also.

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Aukee is the same kind of name

It's pretty bright when wired separately.

I think the headlights are still really good. It could just be the bulbs but they did get really good reviews on Amazon. Maybe auixtos are more reliable I'm not sure. I never had problems with the auxitos I had but I know people who did also.
I guess I'll go ahead and buy these and just see how it goes. If anything I guess I can just put the halogen bulbs back in.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
I guess I'll go ahead and buy these and just see how it goes. If anything I guess I can just put the halogen bulbs back in.
which is exactly what I just did. I don’t blame Aukee since it was for whatever reason just affecting my driver’s side low beam (so far at least…no extended trips with them), just the overall LED headlight world is more complicated than it needs to be (like if you do own a new vehicle with OE LEDs, you have to make a trip to the dealer…do they cover the ticket too??).
But I digress…I’m really just salty about my new headlights not working how I wanted them to lol.
Guess I’ll get to see what the halogen output is like tonight.

B4A80B79-75A8-4713-8F12-9EAB6D0F6C60.jpeg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
which is exactly what I just did. I don’t blame Aukee since it was for whatever reason just affecting my driver’s side low beam (so far at least…no extended trips with them), just the overall LED headlight world is more complicated than it needs to be (like if you do own a new vehicle with OE LEDs, you have to make a trip to the dealer…do they cover the ticket too??).
But I digress…I’m really just salty about my new headlights not working how I wanted them to lol.

As a precaution I would just tell Amazon they are defective they will send a new set before you have to return the old ones.

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

I can understand your frustration completely. I'm actually tempted to order the LUXX series at this point with the built-in LED bulbs. I know they're not replaceable if something goes wrong, but with the way it's looking I'm not sure if drop-in bulbs are the way to go either on these.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

They only appear that way when in reduced power mode (when headlights are on).

When it's just the DRL strip its bright.

OsjnitS.jpg

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
So I went to check the aim/output on the halogens last night and the (you guessed it) driver's side low beam was way off. It was like 11:00 PM, so I just parked it and went back at it today. I'm now a pro at swapping bulbs in these headlights haha...I was in AutoZone and knowing I had to get back in there, I impulse bought some Silverstar Ultras. I'm really pretty happy with the result actually.
The issue with the driver's side low beam pattern was just due it the bulb not being properly seated; I know because I ran into it with the Silverstars too, but got it right after a couple tries.

So in all, I'm into these headlights for close to what it would've cost to just get the built-in LEDs, but I do trust the "swapability" of the Pros a little more.

Pics for those interested in what halogens' beam pattern is like (output is actually pretty similar to the Aukees, just less white and maybe a little less "crisp").

tempImageN401az.jpg

tempImageNHPT7S.jpg

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
They only appear that way when in reduced power mode (when headlights are on).

When it's just the DRL strip its bright.

OsjnitS.jpg
Like I said - major improvement over non Lariat lights. But even in this photo I am personally just not a huge fan of the broken-up look of the DRL's (something I know alot of DRL's of all makes/ models suffer from).

It's really a personal preference choice - if it look good to you that's all that matters.

Ranger1.0

First Name
Winn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Making money
Installed this yesterday. However, when on Auto light selection during the day, low beams are on. is there a way to set it so just the LED strip (DRL) is on?

RangerLights.jpg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Rhat is a setting
Installed this yesterday. However, when on Auto light selection during the day, low beams are on. is there a way to set it so just the LED strip (DRL) is on?

RangerLights.jpg
That is a setting in forscan as far as turning off the low beam as drl

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

RangerLights.jpg
Forscan lariat mode

Ranger1.0

First Name
Winn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Making money
Thank you folks. Now, anyone work forscan in Houston?
Sponsored