First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
I did all the work of removing things only to find out they don't work right. My signals aren't functioning unless the lights are in the off position. Wouldn't be a big problem, but unfortunately i drive at night and need the low beams to work, along with the turn signals. Video here..
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Best thing you can do is contact AlphaRex on this!! I know you want to have the new lights in but if they are not working correctly then perhaps there could have been an issue during manufacturing or perhaps there is an issue in the BCM programming(assuming you might have messed with that in the past)

OP
OP
melficeapoll

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
Only modding with the bcm i did was to turn off low beams in DRL mode. I'm thinking there's a problem with their wiring/chipset.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You only showed us the four-way flashers, does it do the same with the turn indicators? Maybe it is something with the four-ways which would normally not be used with the lights on. Just asking the question as no one else has reported the problem.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You only showed us the four-way flashers, does it do the same with the turn indicators? Maybe it is something with the four-ways which would normally not be used with the lights on. Just asking the question as no one else has reported the problem.
You make a good point. I myself have had no problems with or without the headlights on and all flashers work just fine

OP
OP
melficeapoll

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
It does the same with just the turn indicators (no 4 way). I only used the 4 ways because it was easier to show. I attempted using each turn indicators independently, and still got the same result. And at one point i still had the stock light on the passenger side connected and the alpharex on the driver side. The passenger signal worked but the driver side didn't.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Did you hookup the auxiliary module and wire that’s supplied?

OP
OP
melficeapoll

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
Try it with it disconnected? Could be a bad module
Well i tried it without the DRL module first, then connected it up thinking that it might be the issue but they didn't help either. I even used a few different fuse slots as well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Try returning your BCM to as built via forscan.

I'm betting between that change you made and the DRL module is the problem.

Easy thing to try. Worth a shot.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Something isn’t right for sure. Everything plugged in solid? Otherwise you better call them tomorrow and sort it out. Feel for ya bro

JBro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4
Occupation
Army veteran/student
Today I put LEDs in my PROs after they were installed. That was a pain. To check my work, I ran through all the light modes and my lights will turn off in Auto mode. Anyone have ideas as to what the heck is going on?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Today I put LEDs in my PROs after they were installed. That was a pain. To check my work, I ran through all the light modes and my lights will turn off in Auto mode. Anyone have ideas as to what the heck is going on?
Which lights are you talking about the turn off? Also if the running lights or driving lights are set to low beams from the factory then it won't turn on the driving lights which are the low beams on until you put it in Drive during the day
Sponsored