First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Embarrassed to say I thought there was something wrong with the steering on my new '23 XLT. Was about to go to the dealer when, duh....I realized it was the lane assist. :rolleyes: Needless to say, it's off for good now.
Sponsored

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
this was my experience with auto brights, too. I tried them out for awhile and liked the idea. but they would nail people if either of us crested a hill or came around a sharp curve at the wrong moment. and there are lots of both in my area.

I'm at the fuzzy fringe of town where it's mixed with dark and well-lit areas, also. most of the time I don't need the brights, even if the auto brights kicks them on.

I don't have ACC, so I can't really comment on it. I'd have liked to try it out if my truck had it. and I'm maybe tempted to add it at some point. but not enough to make it a big priority.
With the crazy bright LED's on the road today, I doubt anyone even notices when my halogen brights are on :rolleyes: .

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Iā€™ve not been a fan of ACC, but have been trying to learn to use it more. I have found that i like it best on two lanes roads with 55 mph speed limits where traffic flows well. Oddly, I donā€™t like it as much on the interstate where cars are traveling at at a wide variety of speeds.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I love acc also, though I agree if I donā€™t time it just right itā€™ll slow me down when I need to pass. Auto lights & wipers are fabulous also.:like: Lane assist doesnā€™t bother me, it rarely activates.:)

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I liked ACC so much on my wife's Pacifica that I added it to my Ranger
I use it all the time.
It has its short comings but overall I live it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Auto brights work great, but it has to be really dark out until they start working. Until then you have to give the lever two forward pushes after passing a car. I don't want to disable it, because I know I will forget to turn the headlights off manually. If it's dark enough for the auto headlights to come on, why does it have to get so dark for auto brights?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Auto brights work great, but it has to be really dark out until they start working. Until then you have to give the lever two forward pushes after passing a car. I don't want to disable it, because I know I will forget to turn the headlights off manually. If it's dark enough for the auto headlights to come on, why does it have to get so dark for auto brights?
I agree. They should come on sooner.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
My auto brights work ok out in the sticks where there is little ambient light to confuse them.

But driving locally, in a small town that's no longer small and now has tons of light sources around, I've accidentally blinded too many folks when it doesn't switch so I disabled it.
Thatā€™s so strange. Iā€™ve been really impressed by how well it flips on and off seamlessly and when it needs to.

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
When ACC slows you down you can punch it manually and then push the set+ once and it will reset your speed. BUT I can see how this can be a pain with a lot of people cutting in and out. A huge portion of my trip was only 2 lanes (Interstate 5) and the slower traffic kept right for the most part. My one nag is when the road is turning, it would think someone was in front of you when technically they were in the lane to the right.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
I swear by ACC. Did a long trip this summer (5K round trip) and I feel it significantly improved my safety and reduced my fatigue levels. Yes, it is annoying when a effing Tesla car cuts you off and causes a big slowdown, but I would have had to hit the brakes manually anyway. You just need to tune the following distance to make this less dramatic.

Auto high beams work about 90% of the time the way they should, but on certain roads, I flip back off of auto to stop them from blinding other drivers. I don't use the lane keeping because it seems too bang bang servo like.

Bashell

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I donā€™t even use regular cruise control. I like driving my vehicles.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I have come to like ACC more as I got used to it. At first I would be driving along and realize that I was going 55 tucked in behind a semi when cruse was set at 70 or so. Then I think "how long has this been going on" . :LOL: So now I pay more attention like I should have been doing all along. I wish it had the stop and go feature that some cars have.

The lane keep feature has taught me to always use the turn signal when changing lanes. Once again like I should have been doing all along.

Auto dim works well most of the time. Auto wipers not so much. Too many false wipes that put those wiper streaks on my wind screen (for our international members). My ocd does not like that. I am more inclined to use rainX and keep wiper use to a minimum.