Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
It was part of the technology package on XLT's
Ah, ok. Looks like that was in the 302a package. I got the 301a package.

It's a feature I would have liked. But when you're getting a $10K discount, you can't be overly picky about what features you get.

So... Where's the button to make the guy in front of you speed up? :D
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

So... Where's the button to make the guy in front of you speed up? :D
It's the real big button in the middle of the steering wheel that looks like a Ford logo :D

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Yep, it's part of the Technology Package. I have it on my XLT 302A. I like it for almost all of my driving on open highways or interstates. In traffic it will slow you but i just turn it off.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
It's the real big button in the middle of the steering wheel that looks like a Ford logo :D
In DC, that will get you shot. Mostly we just sit and look at the scenery. :frown:
I agree with you @Lone . The DC Metro area cracks down hard on aggressive driving. With the amount of traffic in the area, they have to be tough on it.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I agree with you @Lone . The DC Metro area cracks down hard on aggressive driving. With the amount of traffic in the area, they have to be tough on it.
I bet I honk at no less than one slow person in the left lane every single day on my commute. My horn gets used maybe too much.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bet I honk at no less than one slow person in the left lane every single day on my commute. My horn gets used maybe too much.
Hi Tyler,

A little back story. Purchasing decided that maybe we should source horns to an Italian company, Fiamm. So during one of our executive level vehicle drive events in California, we were required to install these Fiamm horns, single and dual on our Trucks. So in the drive route we had a place for each driver to pull off the road, honk the horn and rate it. The Fiamm horns sounded like they came from a Vespa motor scooter. So in the debrief the Fiamm Rep stood up to accept the results from the drive participants. The expletives from the executives against the sound of these wimpy horns was not printable in the drive recap. Fiamm rep left with tail between his legs. Trucks need HORNS, not little cute beep/beeps....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Hi Tyler,

A little back story. Purchasing decided that maybe we should source horns to an Italian company, Fiamm. So during one of our executive level vehicle drive events in California, we were required to install these Fiamm horns, single and dual on our Trucks. So in the drive route we had a place for each driver to pull off the road, honk the horn and rate it. The Fiamm horns sounded like they came from a Vespa motor scooter. So in the debrief the Fiamm Rep stood up to accept the results from the drive participants. The expletives from the executives against the sound of these wimpy horns was not printable in the drive recap. Fiamm rep left with tail between his legs. Trucks need HORNS, lot little cute beep/beeps....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thatā€™s a great story. Iā€™d take a train horn if it were feasible.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s a great story. Iā€™d take a train horn if it were feasible.
Hornblasters.com
I had one on my 2010 Ram. I really need to remount it on my Ranger. When I was a Vol FF/EMT-B, some people wouldn't pull over for my flashing lights and siren, so I'd give them a "blast" from my big horn, then they'ed move over. And they're great for getting the attention of the idiots that text and drive....

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
The horns on motorcycles are notoriously weak. Always change them for aftermarket horns. But Honda got the message and the GL1800 Goldwing horns are very loud. I have the WOLO Bad Boy horns on my GL1500 and actually use 2 sets on my enclosed trailer alarm. Will wake the dead!!
Sponsored