Adaptive cruise control... I love you.

Voodoo Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm a big fan of ACC. I use it every chance I get and especially in traffic. Our 2013 Fusion Titanium was our first car to have it and our Tesla has FSD. If I don't want to use it I don't but it's nice when I do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I love new technical advances in automobiles. When I started driving in the 60's, cars were pretty basic without much in the way of driver conveniences or safety features.
Adaptive cruise control - I use it often and won't buy a vehicle without it now
Lane keeping - good safety feature although not really needed for urban driving
Auto headlights - works well
Auto high-beams - also works well
Rear camera - I like having the rear camera as a safety feature but wish it had more cameras like my Highlander
Auto dimming rear view mirror - I don't miss having to switch the mirror after dark
Pre-collision assist - already saved me from being hit by someone running a red light
Keyless entry - love it
Sirius radio - love it. Back in the day, tubes had to warm up and only AM was available. When driving across country, stations were hard to find
Auto heating and cooling - set to 72 degrees and forget it
Auto start stop - one feature I don't like but I don't have to worry about it because it stopped working a month or two ago. I guess the battery is slowing dying.

I can understand some purist drivers not like the newer features and most of them can be disabled but for me, I enjoy the safety and conveniences.

Last edited: