A/C recirculating button turns itself off all the time, how do I fix this?

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Its designed that way.
I recall someone was playing around with the humidity sensor, but felt there was more than one at play and had no success keeping it on recirc.
Yes; that was me. I checked a BUNCH of stuff and had no success. See here:
Here are (2) of the threads related to this and one of your fellow Californians, who lives in Wildfire country and his trial and error on modifying the system. (by playing with the humidity sensor)
Now, I don't know if he ever had any success.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/re-circ-bypass-1st-attempt-results.22904/

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...er-console-button-panel-anyone-have-it.23250/
Nope, no success on this yet. The vehicle seems too tightly integrated. There are still a few ideas i'll check out in a couple of weeks; for example, i have some electrical connections that i've broken out from FCIM that i'm planning to optoisolate (to keep the module safe), and drive the recirc button with its own controller when recirc LED turns off, to try and fool the module into thinking humans are pressing it.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I'm not a roofer......I own a roofing company......30 plus years in business......not a tobacco chewing, tar covered, sweat ball of a laborer in a beat-up old truck with his wife and 2 dogs tagging along......I own the business and I do the sales and marketing......I do drive all over SO CA looking at roofs and selling new roofs......damn good at it and tons of raving 5-star reviews all over the internet......but yes I'm in and out of my truck all day and want it to be not only cool.....but not interested in smelling outside irritants like cig or pot smoke (yes it's everywhere and especially noticeable at a stoplight) or exhaust fumes.....like driving through the Long Beach or LA port area.....or smelling cow waste driving by the huge dairies in Chino......it should be MY choice how to use the A/C and not the manufacture........it wasn't like this in the cars of years ago.....you turned on the A/C and the recirculation button and it stayed on.......when it fogged up you turned it off or open a window.......simple......they act like they "have" to do this because us drivers can't think or act for ourselves or we don't know what to do when the windows fog up.........the A/C actually helps defrost the windows in the winter time and in rainy conditions......it use it for that all the time....kinda sick of all the "nanny" crap in the new trucks.......keep lane assist shakes the steering wheel when it "thinks" I'm crossing a solid line on the road when it's actually not the case or road construction or whatever and no way to turn it off.....I could go on forever with this crap......
It’s very easy to turn off Lane Keep If you don’t like it.
1682165625008.png

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
yes, fresh air is always good......unless it's a diesel truck spewwing exhaust next to me at a light.......or someone smoking.......or it's hot as heck outside.........but yes, fresh air is always a good thing.......I'll use Max A/C more and when needed.......
Diesel bothers me too and if I have too I just open a window until I can pass the black soot spewing piece of crap,

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
agreed........it should be the user's choice as to whether you want it on or off.......not the manufacturer......I don't remember ANY of my previous trucks (Mostly Tacos of all years) kicking off the recirculation mode by itself....

Imagine driving by the large dairy farms in Chino, CA on a nice hot day smelling their "waste" and not being able to block the outside air.....YUCK!
Yeah, they reek!?

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing Ford was so concerned about my lungs. Too bad they weren't as concerned about that craptastic transmission. Remember when answers followed questions instead of the other way around?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Yes, that's it. I'm jealous of a dude who drives the same truck as I do and gets offended by smells.

Nailed it dude!:clap:
Some ppl have a biologically more sensitive sniffer than others. And some people are more sensitive to certain smells than others. It's how they are. No need to be a dick to other people who are more sensitive to that stuff than you. It's not about being "offended" by those aromas. Ppl literally perceive them more intensely.

why be such a douche when I'm on here looking for helpful advice and positive feedback?!....this forum is designed to be HELPFUL and not designed for slugs like you who have to be rude......just please go away......
He's a douche to everybody about this topic. Pretty sure he was a douche to me about it the last time I chimed in on the subject. For the record, I'm with you. I have a sensitive sniffer, and in particular to the various smoky/sooty sorts of things that get pulled into your vehicle (after years of doing wildlife research, skunks don't bother me so much anymore) as well as landfill aromas. Lower density farm smells don't bother me, but the concentrated ones do.

While most of the time, I do like how the "auto" function on the HVAC works, there are definitely times when I want the recirc on for longer than 5min. Max A/C does the job when it's hot out, but not so much when it's cold, so it's an imperfect solution.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a roofer......I own a roofing company......30 plus years in business......not a tobacco chewing, tar covered, sweat ball of a laborer in a beat-up old truck with his wife and 2 dogs tagging along......I own the business and I do the sales and marketing......I do drive all over SO CA looking at roofs and selling new roofs......damn good at it and tons of raving 5-star reviews all over the internet......but yes I'm in and out of my truck all day and want it to be not only cool.....but not interested in smelling outside irritants like cig or pot smoke (yes it's everywhere and especially noticeable at a stoplight) or exhaust fumes.....like driving through the Long Beach or LA port area.....or smelling cow waste driving by the huge dairies in Chino......it should be MY choice how to use the A/C and not the manufacture........it wasn't like this in the cars of years ago.....you turned on the A/C and the recirculation button and it stayed on.......when it fogged up you turned it off or open a window.......simple......they act like they "have" to do this because us drivers can't think or act for ourselves or we don't know what to do when the windows fog up.........the A/C actually helps defrost the windows in the winter time and in rainy conditions......it use it for that all the time....kinda sick of all the "nanny" crap in the new trucks.......keep lane assist shakes the steering wheel when it "thinks" I'm crossing a solid line on the road when it's actually not the case or road construction or whatever and no way to turn it off.....I could go on forever with this crap......
I agree with 90+% of what you are saying here. The primary root cause of all this nonsense is twofold. Numero Uno, and the most obnoxious and least amenable to change is that people demand the manufacturer protect them against all possible hazards of using their products, and demand this be enforced by law (via safety legislation). Second, and the reason the first one will not get solved, is that most people don't understand how things work, even at an elementary level, so they misuse and abuse the equipment, so when it breaks, they cry foul and the lawyers descend. So we end up with automated systems overriding manual inputs to protect people from their own misuse of complex systems. What's the fix? I dunno. In aircraft, you have to be qualified to operate each particular type of aircraft, but I don't think this concept has a snowball's chance of being implemented in this arena. So as long as ignorant operators are allowed to exist, and manufacturers are held to be liable for operator errors, this trend will continue. Freedom isn't free, and it's inconvenient and dangerous for the lazy and the ignorant.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Some ppl have a biologically more sensitive sniffer than others. And some people are more sensitive to certain smells than others. It's how they are. No need to be a dick to other people who are more sensitive to that stuff than you. It's not about being "offended" by those aromas. Ppl literally perceive them more intensely.

He's a douche to everybody about this topic. Pretty sure he was a douche to me about it the last time I chimed in on the subject. For the record, I'm with you. I have a sensitive sniffer, and in particular to the various smoky/sooty sorts of things that get pulled into your vehicle (after years of doing wildlife research, skunks don't bother me so much anymore) as well as landfill aromas. Lower density farm smells don't bother me, but the concentrated ones do.

While most of the time, I do like how the "auto" function on the HVAC works, there are definitely times when I want the recirc on for longer than 5min. Max A/C does the job when it's hot out, but not so much when it's cold, so it's an imperfect solution.

I thought there would be a simple "work-around" but no such luck......just wanted some advice and positive feedback.......using the Max A/C will work for the most part so no biggie.....trust me, I'm not ultra-sensitive, just thought this was a dumb "feature"......especially on a Lariat Tremor which is the top of the line model AND designed for off-road use and dusty conditions which will easily get in the cabin if the recirculation button shuts off automatically......and yes, sounds like that guy has nothing better to do then troll the forum and be a dick.....he needs to get a life!......I'm here to be helpful and learn and not give people shit for no reason.....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Please tone down the "douchey" remarks and focus on the question that was posted otherwise this thread will get locked.

Thanks for your cooperation...

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
I agree with 90+% of what you are saying here. The primary root cause of all this nonsense is twofold. Numero Uno, and the most obnoxious and least amenable to change is that people demand the manufacturer protect them against all possible hazards of using their products, and demand this be enforced by law (via safety legislation). Second, and the reason the first one will not get solved, is that most people don't understand how things work, even at an elementary level, so they misuse and abuse the equipment, so when it breaks, they cry foul and the lawyers descend. So we end up with automated systems overriding manual inputs to protect people from their own misuse of complex systems. What's the fix? I dunno. In aircraft, you have to be qualified to operate each particular type of aircraft, but I don't think this concept has a snowball's chance of being implemented in this arena. So as long as ignorant operators are allowed to exist, and manufacturers are held to be liable for operator errors, this trend will continue. Freedom isn't free, and it's inconvenient and dangerous for the lazy and the ignorant.

I agree......sad but true.......make no mistake......this truck is far better than any truck I've ever owned......and yes even my previous 2019 Raptor.....that beast was too big and needless 99% of the time as a daily driver........

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I thought there would be a simple "work-around" but no such luck......just wanted some advice and positive feedback.......using the Max A/C will work for the most part so no biggie.....trust me, I'm not ultra-sensitive, just thought this was a dumb "feature"......especially on a Lariat Tremor which is the top of the line model AND designed for off-road use and dusty conditions which will easily get in the cabin if the recirculation button shuts off automatically......and yes, sounds like that guy has nothing better to do then troll the forum and be a dick.....he needs to get a life!......I'm here to be helpful and learn and not give people shit for no reason.....
Don’t blame Ford for this one. There could be some federal guidelines creating the recirc issues. At least some other makes operate the same way.
Sponsored