First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Not at all . There is a separate line in Forscan for the BMS. If I remember correctly there are 4 different lines that mention ASS in 2 different modules but the BMS is definitely listed separate .
If you use the easy version it has one line for both vs the coding stuff that I wont mess with because I dont want to break it.
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
If you use the easy version it has one line for both vs the coding stuff that I wont mess with because I dont want to break it.
I have the easy GUI version . You need to scroll thru and find the other lines ,lol.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I do recall someone in one the umpteen ASS treads saying they were planning on or had found a way to rig the switch so that it automatically disengaged ASS. Basically sending a signal that the switch had been pressed. If your truck is saying deactivated by switch everytime you start it, it either has a bad switch, a computer issue, or someone found a way to rig it.
The auto stop eliminator will give you the "deactivated by switch" message every time you turn the truck on. It lasts about half a second. All it's doing is turning the switch off automatically as soon as the truck is powered on.

I agree there are other ways to do this besides the auto stop eliminator, but I like being able to turn it on and off using the original button.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I disabled ASS with Forscan and use the OBD for more useful info...

IMG_7696.JPG
Wow Sid, I think the electronics are starting to take over your Ranger. Not sure if that’s good or if it’s this…

30BE73FA-68A7-421D-9033-AD11B6397592.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I fully agree that's what it says in the manual. But that is not how it's working in my truck. When I start the truck, I get the "Auto Stop disabled by switch" message on the dash and the button on the console is lit. Maybe the previous owner did some programming, but I bought it with 8k miles on the clock from the original selling dealer. There is nothing plugged into any of ports and if I turn it on with the button the auto stop functions. So, I don't know what's going on with it, but it functions the way I wanted it to.
I would bet you the previous owner installed the AutoStopEliminator. As @DukeCanBuildit said, it holds the last known position of the switch.

If you hit the switch to turn it on does it hold that position as well?

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I've never had the ASS on my '22 Lariat since the day I bought it. Dealer disabled it before I even found the truck. Not even sure if I can actually turn it on or not. Never tried.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I've never had the ASS on my '22 Lariat since the day I bought it. Dealer disabled it before I even found the truck. Not even sure if I can actually turn it on or not. Never tried.
Dealer didn’t disable it, was never there. Many '22s ce without it because if the chip shortage.

RedTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Did some research on Disabling the ASS. I know there's some other threads on this but couldn't see where the 4DTech item was mentioned. So, after researching it decided to order the Version 1 ASS Enabler/Disabler for my '22 XLT.

Received it in the mail today. Started up the XLT with the ASS Enabled and plugged the device into the OBD port. Started out the programming with a confirmed Violet light to confirm initializing..........then turned flashing blue to confirm programming..........then turned a solid green color to confirm was finished.

Took the XLT down the street for a drive........came to a stop.........the grey icon on the display came on but the engine did not shut off. Took off from the stop and the grey icon disappeared.

Total time for programming was under 1 minute.

You can plug in the device and revert the programming back to OEM setting at any time.

Here's a link to their website and a video of their install which was spot-on!

https://www.4dtech.com/ford-ranger-19-22-start-stop-eliminator/

4D.jpeg
I have to same thing. They make two versions, one that you leave connected all the time and one that you connect, it does it’s thing, and you disconnect. I have the latter. I used it setting in the dealers lot when I picked up my Tremor. A year later and had no issues what so ever.

OP
OP
BS67

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I have to same thing. They make two versions, one that you leave connected all the time and one that you connect, it does it’s thing, and you disconnect. I have the latter. I used it setting in the dealers lot when I picked up my Tremor. A year later and had no issues what so ever.
I ordered the same one......worked perfectly. took all of about 45 seconds for it to program! No problems here either!

DreamSports

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
I just push the ASS button every time I start the truck--for free!

Sure...sometimes 10 times a day when running around...hundreds of times a month..I solved it with a $5 nightlight in the 110 recepticle.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it stay off after truck is turned off? Any battery drain issues?
This is the nite light I used, got it from Costco years ago and can be used as a flashlight as well. No battery issue so far and had it plug in for almost 1.5 years.

20220909_120700.jpg
Sponsored