First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Did some research on Disabling the ASS. I know there's some other threads on this but couldn't see where the 4DTech item was mentioned. So, after researching it decided to order the Version 1 ASS Enabler/Disabler for my '22 XLT.

Received it in the mail today. Started up the XLT with the ASS Enabled and plugged the device into the OBD port. Started out the programming with a confirmed Violet light to confirm initializing..........then turned flashing blue to confirm programming..........then turned a solid green color to confirm was finished.

Took the XLT down the street for a drive........came to a stop.........the grey icon on the display came on but the engine did not shut off. Took off from the stop and the grey icon disappeared.

Total time for programming was under 1 minute.

You can plug in the device and revert the programming back to OEM setting at any time.

Here's a link to their website and a video of their install which was spot-on!

https://www.4dtech.com/ford-ranger-19-22-start-stop-eliminator/

4D.jpeg
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Seems easier to use than getting into the console.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Did some research on Disabling the ASS. I know there's some other threads on this but couldn't see where the 4DTech item was mentioned. So, after researching it decided to order the Version 1 ASS Enabler/Disabler for my '22 XLT.

Received it in the mail today. Started up the XLT with the ASS Enabled and plugged the device into the OBD port. Started out the programming with a confirmed Violet light to confirm initializing..........then turned flashing blue to confirm programming..........then turned a solid green color to confirm was finished.

Took the XLT down the street for a drive........came to a stop.........the grey icon on the display came on but the engine did not shut off. Took off from the stop and the grey icon disappeared.

You can plug in the device and revert the programming back to OEM setting at any time.

4D.jpeg
You can do the same thing with a $4 night light in the 110v outlet.

OP
OP
BS67

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Seems easier to use than getting into the console.
That's what I thought before ordering it. Didn't want to tear the console cover, shifter cover and then try to get a small hand in there to plug/unplug anything. This was very simple and took less than a minute!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

4D.jpeg
$100 to the same thing you can do in Forscan with out the benefit of what else you can do with Forscan.

N559br

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Interesting that my 21 Lariat leaves the button on the last known position. I disabled it the day I left the dealer and it's been disabled since. I don't reenable it each time I start the truck.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you already have ForScan it is able to be disabled in there. Cant remember what thread but the information is here

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that my 21 Lariat leaves the button on the last known position. I disabled it the day I left the dealer and it's been disabled since. I don't reenable it each time I start the truck.
I think it's more likely that the battery management is keeping it from kicking in. I also have a 2021 Lariat and it resets every time.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I personally like the functionality of the auto stop eliminator as it remembers the last setting you used. It is the way it should function from the factory. That being said, the nite light option would have been cheaper.

ebob9

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Occupation
Professional Lurker
Forscan disables ASS in exactly the same way.

I assume this device just does the same OBD-II operation that Forscan does to disable it. Good to know for people that don't want to muck/deal with Forscan.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
I also went with the autostop eliminator even though I have used forscan quite a bit now. Id rather leave the battery monitoring intact on the software side, but thats just me. Something like this works too if you dont want to pop up the center console trim.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The ASS can sometimes be your “canary in a coal mine “. When the canary isn’t chirping, that can be bad.

There are certain conditions where the BMS wants to keep the truck running and prevents ASS from turning off the truck - Defrost is on, Max A/C is on, something is plugged into the 120V outlet - here’s a list of the conditions that must be met for it to be on.

93829A5C-B866-47B2-B057-BF60536662D8.jpeg

If the ASS is not engaging, it means the truck wants to provide power to systems that are running or keep charging the battery - usually nothing to worry about.

However, it could also mean you have a battery or alternator issue, trouble with your climate control, or even a brake vacuum problem. Folks who drive in S mode or use a night light to “disable” it, sometimes unplug the light or drive in D for a short trip just to test that their ASS is working as it should.

If your ASS is not engaging, check the obvious items but if it persists after checking, you should see your dealer - bad batteries have been noted on this forum. Ask me how I know…

18C47CEC-551F-4B18-973B-E5216702E8DD.jpeg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Forscan disables ASS in exactly the same way.

I assume this device just does the same OBD-II operation that Forscan does to disable it. Good to know for people that don't want to muck/deal with Forscan.
It would be good to check the before and after settings with Forscan ti see what it actually changes. I agee it probably does the same changes as disabling it in Forscan.

For the record, I have had mine disabled in Forscan for over two years and got all the BMS warnings before my battery died and was replaced under warranty. The ones that unplug the sensor at the battery to disable it are the ones that have defeared the BMS system.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
You can do the same thing with a $4 night light in the 110v outlet.
How long does it stay off after truck is turned off? Any battery drain issues?
Sponsored